You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The value of Hersirs
Bottom
Topic Subject:The value of Hersirs
capjedi
Mortal
posted 06 February 2010 07:40 PM EDT (US)         
Puzzled by the apparent weakness of the standard Hersir, I delved into the hero's descriptions and found this:

'The Norse Hersir is a hero that can be trained in large numbers. They are strong against myth units, but not cost-effective against other types of human soldiers. Because they move slowly and use a hand attack, Hersirs are less effective against ranged myth units than they are against myth units that fight hand-to-hand.'

'Norse get Favor for fighting in combat, but the Hersir gains Favor the fastest. Hersirs gain some Favor just for existing.'

Has anyone ever tested this?

"Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!" - Grishnak

[This message has been edited by capjedi (edited 02-06-2010 @ 08:01 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 06 February 2010 09:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
Hm... yes, yes.
Hersirs are weak. Their armor is low, and they're expensive. Perhaps this is why the Norse have Jarls, who do some bonus damage to myth units, and are tougher, though susceptible to special attacks.
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 06 February 2010 09:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
HailToTheViper
Mortal
posted 06 February 2010 09:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
Hersier are only really viable to mass when you are loki. When you go heimdal you are usually rushing, so thier speed does not need to be that fast. When you go foreseti, the speed upgrade makes them faster than the average hippikon (i think sligtly faster), so they actually become good. Fastest non cav unit, that can build, so you can run around the map making walls, which is OP

Roc....rock :P
moravec
Mortal
posted 06 February 2010 10:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
I think it's .1 favor a second during classical only. 10 seconds for 1 favor per hersir. Enough to purchase minimal upgrades.

[This message has been edited by moravec (edited 02-06-2010 @ 10:26 PM).]

Husker
Mortal
posted 06 February 2010 10:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
I think its .01 because 10 seconds for 1 favor multiply by 15 hersirs = 15 favor per 10 seconds is just crazy op lol

Not the victory but the action;
Not the goal but the game;
In the deed the glory
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 06 February 2010 10:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
They seem to be the best against titans.
moravec
Mortal
posted 06 February 2010 10:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
I think its .01 because 10 seconds for 1 favor multiply by 15 hersirs = 15 favor per 10 seconds is just crazy op lol
You are right, I missed a zero.
Lord_Aaltar
Mortal
posted 09 February 2010 12:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
They seem to be the best against titans.
Except for the part where the Titan squishes ten at a time and they all fall down... I think Greek heroes are better in that they last way longer and are cheaper to replace than waves of hersir.

An assimilating strat is the best strat
Chimaira
Mortal
posted 09 February 2010 12:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
What about priests?

You can spread them out so they don't all get killed with one attack.
Lord_Aaltar
Mortal
posted 09 February 2010 03:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
Maybe... except for the fact that they can all get killed in one attack.

An assimilating strat is the best strat
Peter Fallon
Mortal
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 09 February 2010 03:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
If you're sending in priests alone I really need to question why your opponent waited until titan age to crush you.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 09 February 2010 05:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
Priests die way faster against titans. Most players don't build temples everywhere as they would barracks so they're hard to mass. They also suck against normal units.
Mr Martel
Mortal
posted 09 February 2010 06:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
Thor and Odin have a hard time dealing with Titans, Loki does not (goes late enough, all 3 are decent at killing Titans). Only Atty is in general bad at killing Titans without their own Titan. Best way with Atty is generally just Heroizing a few Arci and keeping them alive while constantly peppering his Titan.

Greek (especially Zeus) and Eggy (not really Ra, but he's not terrible either) have a relatively easy time dealing with Titans.
mG_Despair
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 00:14 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
^ You're more or less correct Martel.

But games with Loki involved almost never go titan, in my experience. Maybe like 1/20 does, at the most.

It doesn't happen so much with Thor, because he usually stops titan gate with a rag, or uses his own rag to build a titan.

Odin is just ****ed.
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 10:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
btw, it IS .01 just so you know, that was a while back for anyone who didn't know.
Lost Knight
Mortal
(id: huntforcollossus)
posted 12 February 2010 02:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
(noob question)
Atty
Eggy
Who are atty and eggy?

they sound like kids' tv characters.

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
Mr Martel
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 03:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
Well if we are comparing Norse and Greek ability to fighting titans and we throw in "Atty" and "Eggy" what do you suppose they could stand for?
Lost Knight
Mortal
(id: huntforcollossus)
posted 13 February 2010 10:46 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
hmmmm...

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
ABallIsDropped
Mortal
posted 14 February 2010 09:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
At Stalingrad, only 6000 Germans made it home out of the 250000 that were surrounded. The rest died in action, starved or froze to death. Friedrich von Paulus was the first German field marshall to surrender on february 2nd, 1943.
Peter Fallon
Mortal
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 14 February 2010 09:52 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21       

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 14 February 2010 11:07 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
Um, I'm no history bluff but weren't the Germans the ones who surrounded the russians at Stalingrad?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames