You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Flames of Typhon doesn't upgrade Chimera special?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Flames of Typhon doesn't upgrade Chimera special?
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 12:31 PM EDT (US)         
I was looking through the techtree and proto for something, and I noticed that Flames of Typhon upgrades the damage of the whirlwind attack of Chimera. Chimera has no whirlwind attack, the special is a charged range attack. So does this mean that the tech doesn't upgrade the special of the Chimera?
AuthorReplies:
Mr Martel
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 06:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31       
Play the game instead of read about it and you'd see?
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 11 February 2010 06:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 31       
HailToTheViper
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 06:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 31       
the special attack is fukn OP enough already. 2 chimeras kill 5 villagers instantly. Thats alot of units.

Roc....rock :P
Chimaira
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 06:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31       
They can kill more than that, and if they don't kill them, they spread them around.
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 07:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 31       
Mr Martel. I was actually checking through to see if there was some obscure practically unused tech that would affect certain attacks and such.

I look through it to find what things do, like tell me from playing the game what the tech Assign Los does.

And btw, you probably wouldn't notice it while you were playing the game unless you were extremely meticulous, you'd have to look at the information on it and specifically check that, or count every pixel on the targets' bars, either way, it's not something you'd do normally.

And secondly I don't read ABOUT it. I read the data. It helps me understand how everything works in a much more precise manner, and I actually could tell you for instance exactly how long a frost giants attack freezes for, or what's affected by what special severely faster than trying it ingame. And it's easier to compare how things work out because I can literly check for all the techs that affect a unit very quickly comparing their stats, pop, and massability, knowing their exact training points.

And hail, I believe villagers are faster than Chimerae, I doubt that you could fit two in a position where they could easily without missing breath fire all over all 5 villagers often.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 02-11-2010 @ 07:54 PM).]

AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 08:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 31       
you have got to be kidding me dude

i dont care if you're magyar or ****in bryantchin, when the **** would
know how long a unit is frozen for ever win you a game?
or even have any influence on a game?
*dramatic influence

you're wastin your time bro
Chimaira
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 09:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 31       
And hail, I believe villagers are faster than Chimerae, I doubt that you could fit two in a position where they could easily without missing breath fire all over all 5 villagers often.
Well obviously you've never had all your goldies simultaneously raped by Chimeras before then.
Husker
Mortal
posted 11 February 2010 09:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 31       
But how do you let him get mythic without building walls around your gold? Mm perhaps I don't want to know :P

Not the victory but the action;
Not the goal but the game;
In the deed the glory
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 10:33 AM EDT (US)     9 / 31       
AoL, maybe I could freeze some guys, then see some villies that I should freeze, but need to go kill the first enemy. How much time can I spare.
AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 02:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 31       
dude how long have u played this game dude?

a frost giant freezes 1 unit

now perhaps im out on a limb here, but typically an army consists of
more than 1 unit....and im pretty sure you dont have an army
of 20-30 frost giants to freeze the whole army then go attack
some villagers...

i could see how maybe freezing a hero, or greezing a siege unit could help win a
battle, but seriously man....
it wont matter if that siege unit is frozen for 15 seconds or 20...
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 12 February 2010 03:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 31       
Mr Martel
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 04:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 31       
Just having the rough idea from playing the game is enough to know all you need to know about the Frost Giant's special...however:
freezing a hero
One would hope that by playing the game you would know that this can't happen 11

I'm guessing your "Assign LOS" tech is actually the code for "Signal Flares" or is in conjunction with the effect aging up has on Priests or a different unit of this nature. It could also be the code for the Hermes upgrade (or inane Possy bonus, idk) for your Hipps. Aside from these specific cases maybe it could just be the bonus in LOS applied to most units upon aging up. Am I right in any of these instances or have you genuinely learned something I have not simply by studying the protox file?
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 06:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 31       
Nope, not even close. AssignLOS sets the los of everything to 12. The upgrades are handled exclusively by the techs Age 2, Age 3, and Age 4, but in Titans the Age (blank) Atlantean heroes is what downgrades the heroes each age to counteract the upgrading that naturally occurs from the aging within those techs up there. And btw, most units don't get a los boost in leveling up, only certain units like Priests, Pharaohs, Shades, Mercenaries.

That wasn't something that was used so it wasn't too important, but there was a lesson for you.

And there's other things, like the game barely if at all mentions that Trolls gain health as they deal damage, or Wadjets regnerate, you could figure that out by paying close attention to their bars, but it's extremely easy to notice when something stands out in the file because it has some weird param like ReflectDamage (the healing on damage) or Poison (making the Scorpion Man's attack deal damage in the way it does).
Mr Martel
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 06:41 PM EDT (US)     14 / 31       
If there is an upgrade that sets the LOS of everything to 12 then I don't really care as that's some scenario crap that I would never invest time in.

Seeing as how I play Eggy as main and the first units that came into my head were Pharaoh, Mercs, Elephants, Priests, and I wasn't sure about Chariots I thought I would be plenty safe by just saying "most". I guess not.

[This message has been edited by Mr Martel (edited 02-15-2010 @ 07:53 PM).]

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 08:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 31       
Troll/wadjet regen is at the top of their help files, if not the tooltip.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 09:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31       
Where? I happened to read that very recently seeing if it said anything about it, the closest thing was a detail in the history about long lifespans.

Are you talking about the unit guide on this website? becuase that may have it, but the game help, and any other website there is doesn't.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 02-12-2010 @ 09:49 PM).]

HailToTheViper
Mortal
posted 12 February 2010 09:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 31       
Leet skills, from my experience, villagers dont run around all game :P they work. So if they are mining or getting wood, or building a tc for example, they are easily hit. I have done this MANY times hehehe

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 13 February 2010 00:36 AM EDT (US)     18 / 31       
Wadjet regeneration is in the descrption in the in game help. Troll isn't, but I'm pretty sure I remember this from when I first played the campaign through (2004, wow). Pretty sure all of these things were on the original launch sites which no longer exist (eso.com, PAOM, there was a full microsoft site).

It's not like they are secret, is my point.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 15 February 2010 01:53 PM EDT (US)     19 / 31       
who cares if wadjets regenerate LOL

if that were a good bonus, then im pretty sure odin would
be a bit more op since all his units do that

leet dude, you're wasting your time looking at healthbars, you need
to focus on more important stuff hahaha
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 15 February 2010 02:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31       
AoL, you need to stop critisizing and spend some time learning how to read. I said you couldn't know that unless you stared at the health bar meticulously. I don't use wadjets nor care about them, I just made an example.
AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 15 February 2010 05:57 PM EDT (US)     21 / 31       
lol

well you had to notice this at one time....to use it as an example man

have you ever heard anyone above 1800 say "dam im glad those wedjets regenerate!"
or maybe
"shit, if only your frost giants froze my unit for 10 seconds!!"

this stuff you're 'noticing' is pointless man
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 15 February 2010 06:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 31       
Please read what I just posted it the first time, because you obviously didn't read it if you just posted hwat I think you did. You didn't even have any clue what I said and just repeated the same thing.

You simply criticized what you didn't know. I never said, wow this regen is useful, but they are examples off the top of my head. Minor things can help on a few occasions, maybe not the most useful things. I don't even use wadjets, and rarely frost giants or trolls, but they're still things you could know.
HailToTheViper
Mortal
posted 16 February 2010 07:54 AM EDT (US)     23 / 31       
i never knew trolls did the vamprie like health regen with attack untill a few moths ago when i was playing bloodsport and had a troll v some throwing axemen and his health just kept coming back! Then i realised why it is so hard for TA to kill a troll.

AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 16 February 2010 06:44 PM EDT (US)     24 / 31       
dude i was just using those as examples too LOL

i used them to literate my point, which is: nobody gives a shit about those things you are noticing.
they are too small and un-important
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 16 February 2010 06:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 31       
LOL and you didn't read the post that another person made right before it. That's a fail.
AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 16 February 2010 07:07 PM EDT (US)     26 / 31       
wow dude

wow
Mr Martel
Mortal
posted 16 February 2010 08:46 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31       
You could also see that HailToTheViper wrote "now I know why...". Sure, it is nice to know to satisfy your curiosity and all, but knowing the "why"s of things in AoT is far less important than the knowing itself. He is a 18+ player (albeit at the outdated version of the game) and I wouldn't say he has a tremendous knowledge about small details of the game. Conclusion -> basically useless to know these if you think they will improve how well you are as a player. I, however, like knowing these small facts but I wouldn't consider them important by any means.
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 16 February 2010 09:08 PM EDT (US)     28 / 31       
Yeah they aren't, but they're cool to know, when I found out about that I had a newfound respect for the troll as a unit.
AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 17 February 2010 03:31 PM EDT (US)     29 / 31       
xD

cool story hansel
fight_to_plight
Mortal
posted 17 February 2010 07:48 PM EDT (US)     30 / 31       
Couple of aom playing badasses here eh? (sarcasm intended)

Cheer up, if you don't care about what Leet has to say, why respond to him? I find some of the smaller details interesting, even if they arent the most useful.

Meh
AoL_Iron_maiden
Mortal
posted 17 February 2010 10:00 PM EDT (US)     31 / 31       
why would i come here and just read everything and not comment?

thats why agesanc is sorta boring now

there are like.....5 people that actually respond to stuff
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames