Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » North
Bottom
Topic Subject:North
Collun
Mortal
posted 30 April 2011 07:02 PM EDT (US)         
I've been searching for some extra help but couldn't find any. I've also read through the walkthrough on the site for help. But, does anyone have any helpful strategies for North? I have been defeated more times on it than the rest of my campaign combined. I'm on Titan. Any tips appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
BSU_DoLhades
Mortal
posted 01 May 2011 07:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 22       
You mean Norse? :P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
Eurotool
Hero
posted 01 May 2011 01:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22       
With Norses I built Longhouses with my infantry near the cities to add more units do my attacks, and also to choose the right ones that can counter easily what choice of units the enemy have.

Nirwanda
Mortal
posted 01 May 2011 08:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22       
Retarded thread.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf - JRR Tolkein. The Fellowship of the Ring
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 01 May 2011 08:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22       
For people who can't read: it's about a campaign level.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 01 May 2011 08:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22       
Help with the Norse... very cute

-> Go Forsetti for the healing spring

-> Wall everything but at the chokepoint. That way all the comps men will go to that chokepoint. Put all your men there and put the healing spring there to

-> Build heroes + throwing axeman to counter the AI's myth units and ulfsarks. Go Skadi for the throwing axeman upgrade

-> When you're ready to attack go with some men + some portable rams and kill the bases one by one. Make sure to always keep some men at the healing spring chokepoint though.

Hope that helps slightly?

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

Eurotool
Hero
posted 01 May 2011 09:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22       
You can find a Walkthrough in the Strategy Guide: http://aom.heavengames.com/strategy/campaign/22

buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 01 May 2011 09:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22       
For people who can't read: He already read that guide, but it didn't help.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 02 May 2011 04:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22       
I need help for East.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
eXcess_petrol
Mortal
posted 02 May 2011 07:38 AM EDT (US)     9 / 22       
strat for nord:

make vills
go bragi, then go baldr
strills1
Mortal
posted 02 May 2011 07:58 AM EDT (US)     10 / 22       
DaP I found you by pure chance on www.sc2ranks.com
My friend is in the Eu region and when I was searching for him, I found you. Compelled me to actually look for other people that are AoMHers. I think I found HailtotheOboe on a TeamLiquid Wiki page. Here.

Not sure if it is him, but I think he has gone by Oboeman in the past.

d
gf
fg

ghdf
gh

He is focused on playing supremacy at higher levels, and because he is a good player, he has a bit of an ego. I'm not saying that being good at something is an excuse to be insulting, but I think that he generally wants to help, even if he has trouble doing so without flaming.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 03 May 2011 04:10 AM EDT (US)     11 / 22       
Yeah, I am very active on SC2. I love the game, even though the latest patches made it a little less versatile because two Protoss upgrades were taken away without replacement.

strills1
Mortal
posted 03 May 2011 04:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 22       
I play Zerg, so it is good for me, but I understand what Toss players feel. 4 gate, Void ray speed, Kydarian Amulet all have been removed/nerfed recently. Next will be Colossus range I bet.

He is focused on playing supremacy at higher levels, and because he is a good player, he has a bit of an ego. I'm not saying that being good at something is an excuse to be insulting, but I think that he generally wants to help, even if he has trouble doing so without flaming.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 10 May 2011 04:38 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22       
I have sources telling me that next patch will include longer gateway building time along with shorter sentry building time. Archons will get a buff; they will become massive units and probably get +1 range. Infestors will become slower. All of this is not final, but my source is pretty reliable.

That being said, I am not mourning about Protoss being nerfed. I basically welcome any change that improves balance. What I complain about is reducing features by removing upgrades for good. This makes the game less versatile. They should have altered the upgrades somehow, or balance them in another way, but not simply cut them without replacement. It reduces my options and hence the possible strategies, and Starcraft 2 has no expansion yet, so the game is still limited enough as it is. In a couple years, when both SC2 expansions are on the market, nobody will want to play the restricted vanilla version, but now that we do not have a choice yet, they should not make it even poorer.

strills1
Mortal
posted 10 May 2011 07:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 22       
Yeah, it just went live on SEA.

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 10 May 2011 08:03 AM EDT (US)     15 / 22       
lol, your 'source' is giving you publicly available information DaP.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 10 May 2011 09:54 AM EDT (US)     16 / 22       
Nope, he told me several days ago, and I cited from memory, without prior checking whether the information has become public in the meantime.

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 10 May 2011 11:04 AM EDT (US)     17 / 22       
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan

[This message has been edited by VB_WhiplashJC (edited 05-10-2011 @ 11:07 AM).]

Mr Spartacus
Mortal
posted 22 May 2011 04:28 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22       
I remember that back when I first tried the campaign on Titan, that was the only level I lost on next to "Isis, hear my plea". Take the TC to the northwest, it is easy to wall off. At the start of the game, don't waste time trying to "rescue" the groups of villagers with your heroes, just send them all to where you estimate the TC's location, and whenever a group gets attacked sacrifice the specific target(s) of the attacker. That's the most efficient way to do it. Age up, spam TA's and some Hersir. End of story. (Yeah, you probably completed it already but I decided to post this anyway.)

"Vets" who can only troll the original poster can GTFO.

[This message has been edited by Mr Spartacus (edited 05-22-2011 @ 04:29 PM).]

Nirwanda
Mortal
posted 23 May 2011 03:46 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22       
"Vets" who can only troll the original poster can GTFO.

I just think someone who even manages to get the words in his thread title messed up deserves to be made fun of.

Villi
Mortal
posted 23 May 2011 05:00 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22       
The title's fine, the thread is about a campaign scenario called "North" and NOT the norse civ...

I think FOG.
Nirwanda
Mortal
posted 23 May 2011 06:39 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22       
My sincerest apologies, then.

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 23 May 2011 02:53 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22       
North is a real piece of piss

1.Get all your shit together by the ox cart, have amanra kill the fenris wolves that attack
2. Start building at the TC/hunting elk, some shit will attack, but if you have everything it's np, remember the hersir have like 2 attack at this point so just use them to build.
3. Build temple and advance through whatever, put all dwarves on gold, aq vills to wood.
4.The pink player to the south has jack shit, attack as soon as you hit classical and take out the einherjar with your heroes, lure them away from the hill fort btw. Then just kill the temple to stop them spawning, then kill the hill fort with melee.

5.When you have like 8~ gatherers on wood and hunting, start spamming dwarves to gold and save for heroic. Wall yourself in so there's only one gap for them to all pour through at the front of your base. Wall in the 2nd TC to the south ASAP too. Adv Bragi asap, spam battle boars, get 2nd TC, spam hersir/ta/get hill fort. They only send shitty ulfsark and MU waves which die at the chokepoint.
6.Basically just mass a huge army and take out green, then mass a huger army and take out the last guy.

p.s. yes i'm on titan
p.p.s if you dont wall up asap they send packs of fenris wolves to kill your vills so that probably the most important thing.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.

[This message has been edited by Sam_Ham (edited 05-23-2011 @ 02:57 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames