You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.134 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Why ESO is offline
Bottom
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
invent00r
Mortal
posted 12 July 2013 08:07 AM EDT (US)         
Hello,

So I decided to investigate why ESO is online. Nothing has happened to their servers, they are exactly the same as a few years ago. However, turns out the SSL certificate used to encrypt connections to ESO has expired since 10 of February of 2013. It was only a matter of time...

You can, however, ignore the error using Fiddler2, and enable the Ignore server certificates errors on the Tools | Options | HTTPS menu.

After choosing to ignore errors, the AoM proceeded the login as usual and I was officially the only one online at ESO. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
AuthorReplies:
Elrich
Hero
posted 22 January 2014 12:40 PM EDT (US)     121 / 134       
God forbid I should question Israel's policies of killing Arab children in a game chat without getting banned these days. How I long for times past when I had freedom of speech.
and that was an 'on topic' subject?

anyway, I bet invent00r will pop up all of a sudden with a progress update.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 22 January 2014 06:18 PM EDT (US)     122 / 134       
Sure is on topic. I'm trying to see if I can get banned from invent00r's server or not. Thangbrand won't give me an answer so I have to explain myself further. As I said, I won't join or promote unless I have such freedom of speech; freedom to insult Israel and freedom to use caps.
KaTorrenter
Mortal
(id: DanyUnknown)
posted 23 January 2014 01:51 PM EDT (US)     123 / 134       
Ok, so ya, good for discovering this good information...
But I have a small big question... HOW TO IGNORE THIS ERROR??
I have Fiddler2, and it didn't find any error (the program is setted to default settings). And when I try to connect with aom, I get an error message about an UDP Port 2800.
What shuld I do??

PS: Microsoft will never look back 10 years ago. He will never support a game created by a dead developer (ES). The task of keeping the game alive is now ours... (

[This message has been edited by DanyUnknown (edited 01-23-2014 @ 02:15 PM).]

JoshGlzBrk
Mortal
posted 16 February 2014 11:59 PM EDT (US)     124 / 134       
Is this still an option?

[This message has been edited by JoshGlzBrk (edited 02-17-2014 @ 01:53 AM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 01 March 2014 12:28 PM EDT (US)     125 / 134       
only if u have fiddler or use invent00rs private eso server.

but ive given up on this, aom is coming to steam.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 25 November 2014 07:17 PM EDT (US)     126 / 134       
this doesn't work anymore. i think the index of usernames and passwords doesnt exist or something, because it says i have a wrong username/password when i know its right. i can even log into hotmail with it (eso email).

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
ephestion
Mortal
posted 26 November 2014 05:26 PM EDT (US)     127 / 134       
Correct and confirmed. Will not recognise any registered username and password combinations. Will not allow the creation of a new name either.

I suggest everyone consider one of two things; Voobly or the new steam edition. Voobly is dominated by competitive players which makes the environment rather hostile when you are playing in a very relaxed manner. The steam edition seems to have many people with 1800k + ratings but play with about the same skill level as a mid 1600's player on Voobly.

Multiplayer on Steam has improved slightly but it is not the same as old ESO.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Coreza123
Mortal
posted 26 November 2014 05:57 PM EDT (US)     128 / 134       
Ahh it's a shame you guys gave up... Long live AoM and the old ESO.

[This message has been edited by Coreza123 (edited 11-26-2014 @ 05:57 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 26 November 2014 07:03 PM EDT (US)     129 / 134       
Well there's nothing we can do at this point. And don't forget about GameRanger, that is, if you like Brazilians... no offense.

Check out my YouTube
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 26 November 2014 11:37 PM EDT (US)     130 / 134       
Don't use the Steam Version either, it's buggy and mp no longer works

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
ephestion
Mortal
posted 29 November 2014 11:00 PM EDT (US)     131 / 134       
what do you mean MP does not work?

It has some bugs and the games can get laggy but Steam edition does have Multiplayer games. It lacks arranged ranked or rated team games though.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
CT_antojA0rped
Mortal
posted 18 December 2014 08:06 PM EDT (US)     132 / 134       
Nice to see posts like these. I'll be posted!
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 17 December 2015 11:40 PM EDT (US)     133 / 134       
Guess who I got a hold of a few days ago?

That's right, and I have some info for us.

Seems like invent00r is no longer working on the private ESO server. When we last left the project his own certificate had expired and the program was no longer working. Since then his domain for it has also changed, and all in all the project seems to have lost steam. I don't think he'll be continuing it.

However, he has open-sourced the project, so anyone can work on it and possibly complete it: https://github.com/luismfonseca/aom-eso

Is there anybody willing to continue and host such a thing? I would love to see this thing a reality.

Status page: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=19&tn=28830&f=19,28830,0,10
Some updates: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,29253,,all
The actual program in its current state: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10519
And of course there's this thread, which has the story of all of these events unfolding and the reactions.

Anyone?

Check out my YouTube
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 19 December 2015 01:39 AM EDT (US)     134 / 134       
That is great news. Well if someone does something with it, then it is. I honestly don't know why Steam just didn't use ESO. At least give us freaking stats like we could find in the old ESO. Games history. Search player for rating, ect.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames