You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Ryan posted this a few hours ago...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ryan posted this a few hours ago...
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 29 July 2015 04:55 PM EDT (US)         
(today is his birthday)

As I celebrate pretending not to be a year older, today is a bit of a crazy day, and also one of closure and change.
Some of you may be aware, but my tenure at Microsoft ended earlier this month. The studio I worked under got caught in some of the regular ebb and flow restructuring and a number of positions, including my own, were eliminated. I am currently looking for new opportunities, both within Microsoft and externally - and would greatly appreciate any referrals. My linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanchaply

Along those lines, and some unlucky timing - I know there are a bunch of folks on here who message me about the AOE3 servers. Unfortunately I am no longer in a position to access or make changes to them. If you have issues with the AOE service, there's an age of empires Facebook account and you'll want to give them a shout there. I believe strongly in the community there, and hope the work gets picked up so it continues running for years to come, but alas it won't be me doing it anymore.

Likewise, the content recently announced for AOE2 HD and AOM: I firmly believe in those products and sincerely hope that the work is continued. I can say I was personally very excited about it and both Skybox Labs and Forgotten Empires are doing some great work.

Lets talk about a more positive note though. Today is also the windows 10 release date, an operating system many have tried in the preview program, and now anyone can get their hands on. I spent a good bit of time with it over the last year, and am excited to see the world jump in.

One of my last side projects within Microsoft was related to a windows trends site, one I can finally share today: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/windows-trends
This is the first time that I'm aware Microsoft has made quite so public what the OS breakdown is from the source (of users that opted in of course). But it's an amazing look into the ecosystem to see what people are using as their PC devices, and I was lucky enough to work with some awesome people to help define some of the things in here. Super excited to see it evolve in the future too

Well then...I think that covers everything.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 07-29-2015 @ 04:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 29 July 2015 05:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
bad news! bad news indeed
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 30 July 2015 01:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
What!

Ryan got sacked earlier this month?

Shit, he was one of the best community managers for AoE, since he left, shit in AoE has hit and all time low.

Now we wait for crappy knock off games and poorly done sequels

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
enemy of loki
Mortal
posted 06 August 2015 05:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
so what exactly does this mean? does it mean the new civilization in an upcoming aom game will not come out anymore?
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 08 August 2015 08:03 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
We don't know yet

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames