You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » I am a new player, and I have a question
Bottom
Topic Subject:I am a new player, and I have a question
WilliamMonta
Mortal
posted 14 October 2015 10:10 AM EDT (US)         
Hi

When I was a child, I played some AoM vs the computer, and a little bit online. I was terrible.

Since then, I've gotten a lot better at RTS games in general, but I haven't been playing AoM.
I want to play AoM now, and I've been playing a bit on GameRanger. I've tried to play on Voobly, but I haven't found a single game there, which brings me to my question.

Does no one play the original AoM? Do I have to play The Titans? I would prefer to play the original, because I don't like the auto queue feature. Is there a community of original AoM players anywhere?

If any one would like to play me in AoM, please let me know. I'm not good at AoM yet, but I'm a fast learner.

Also, what about the Extended Edition? Is it still unplayable online with desynch cheating and lag? www.google.com

[This message has been edited by WilliamMonta (edited 12-11-2015 @ 12:54 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
flip3570
Mortal
posted 14 October 2015 12:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
1. Gameranger is for the lower-ranked people and voobly for the higher-ranked people

2. you have to play the titans, (almost) nobody plays vanilla anymore.

3. Extended editions is totally playable, it's still sometimes desync, but I never saw cheating and lagg?, you get these things also on voobly. But if you buy EE make sure you haven't got a potatoe computer or lagg on google (bad wifi).
yucko
Mortal
posted 19 October 2015 02:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Does no one play the original AoM?

People play it, it's just not as popular as AoM:TT or AoM:EE. You will have a harder time finding a game. You don't have to play titans, it will just be easier to find a game is all.

Also, what about the Extended Edition?

AoM:EE is playable online. Sometimes its hard finding a game because of a lack of players in the middle of the night. They worked on the lag issues. As long as your computer meets the specifications required to play it, you shouldn't have a problem with lag. (If it does and you have lag, it might also be your internet). The desynch has been around ever since I've play AoM on ESO. Doesn't happen too often. I have yet to fight any cheaters.

Feel free to add me on steam if you get AoM:EE https://steamcommunity.com/id/minihotdogs
flip3570
Mortal
posted 20 October 2015 12:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
flip3570 4 me
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames