You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Poseidon's Lure in-depth discussion!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poseidon's Lure in-depth discussion!
Ragefire Hades
Mortal
posted 25 October 2015 08:11 AM EDT (US)         
I have a question and it's pretty hard to answer: how does poseidon's lure gp work?

What I mean by that is that I'm interested in how it prioritize one animal over another: does it choose the closest animals, does it choose them randomly and does it work on a specific radius, or does it work on the entire map?

and what happens if an animal is killed during its journey towards the lure: does it choose another animal instead?

I feel that a deep discussion on this is necessary in order to understand the gp and use it to its full potential, because if it affects not only the animals on a certain radius, but all animals on the map regardless of distance, then it's an invaluable gp on low hunting maps!
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 25 October 2015 08:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
If on a 3v3 on medit, highland, or koth, as long as there is a middle island and you invoke lure on it so it's closest to your side, an infinite number of animals will come to the shore outside your base.

That's all I know.

I had done some extensive testing a year or so ago but that was only testing types of barriers where you could fool the lure. For instance, trying to block the lure with walls or trees does not work. Water is the only type of barrier that the animals can be stopped by and won't register as lured.

It can be a daunting task to test other things but it can be done if you can use the editor. Going into the godpower file might prove useful too. I can't do all this stuff though because my AoM is lacking at the moment.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
AgnisAls
Mortal
posted 25 October 2015 04:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I actually went to the editor only knowing that lure attracts exactly 1000 units of food worth in animals (herd or hunt). Although in some of my tests the food count got up to 950 units only.
It has a range, since in one of tests I placed the lure in the other side of the map and the animals didn't came to the party
I can't say how much is that range/radius, that would require several more experiments...
The animals seem to be chosen randomly. But I noticed elephants almost never got lured, and monkeys were the ones lured the most.
Animals can go through the walls, but no through natural barriers.
I did not check what happens when an animal is being lured and gets killed in the process, sorry.
moonshadow222
Mortal
posted 26 October 2015 03:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
You can make the lure last longer by moving the heard animals away from it.
Ragefire Hades
Mortal
posted 27 October 2015 00:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
If on a 3v3 on medit, highland, or koth, as long as there is a middle island and you invoke lure on it so it's closest to your side, an infinite number of animals will come to the shore outside your base.

So basically if there's an island surrounded by water and the water surrounded by land; and I invoke lore on the island, the animals cant cross water so they don't register as lured so all animals on the map are drawn towards the shoreline? cool!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames