You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Where do I set my own hotkeys?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Where do I set my own hotkeys?
vicious_cyclop
Mortal
posted 23 November 2015 04:32 PM EDT (US)         
I want to set my own hotkeys, but i dont know how or where to do it.
i have looked for it in the option section but it doesnt have that alternative.
where do i have to go? or how should i do it?

Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
RTSR
Mortal
posted 23 November 2015 04:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
it has been already answered on these forums i know AoMH should be mapped in such a way you can get to any answer you are looking by logically following such map but, the best way to find things here is actually google (that i use)

and, well, what you are looking is called "user.con" and "gamex.con". Regards
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 23 November 2015 06:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
AoMH should be mapped in such a way you can get to any answer you are looking by logically following such map
Any suggestions? I'm always open to new ideas

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 23 November 2015 09:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
do those changes even still work in the EE version. I have been trying a good piece of the evening to make user.con work. I even tried editing all 3 game.con files. I even tried doing it through the mod system. But nothing is changing those hotkeys.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 24 November 2015 00:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Okay seems like I sort of answered my own question. By putting a user.con file in the AOM\data folder I am able to make some changes but not all of them take.

Like I can change attack move to a different key. I can even change some building hotkeys. But not all of them take.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
A monk I need a monk.
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 24 November 2015 08:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
anyone wanting ANY hotkey set up - use this:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7070

(it has attack move of course, as well as all sort of hotkeys you can imagine and also reset file is included - so custom hotkeys don't collide with default in-game bindings)
dolly_cat
Inactive
posted 24 November 2015 12:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
In fact yeah... RTSR is right: Google's search engine is the best way to find questions/answers on these forums.

Don't worry Cease; there is no improvement to be made. Things are fine as they are now
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 24 November 2015 01:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
anyone wanting ANY hotkey set up - use this:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7070

(it has attack move of course, as well as all sort of hotkeys you can imagine and also reset file is included - so custom hotkeys don't collide with default in-game bindings)
If you are using the voobly version of AOT that will probably work. But I can say for a fact that it doesn't work on AOM EE. I spent all last night editing all three game.con files in the AOM\startup. I added a user.con to that folder. Those changes never took. Finally I discovered why.

AOM EE takes it default hotkeys from AOM\data\defaultHotKeys.xml
Editing this file will actually change hotkeys. But unfortunately it is not as broad or as robust as editing the old game.con file was. Because the xml ties building unit to a unit string id, you can't train both a priest and a dwarf with the same hotkey. Or I guess you could (haven't tried it yet) but if I understand it right then you would be stuck with a priest icon for training dwarfs.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
A monk I need a monk.
RTSR
Mortal
posted 24 November 2015 05:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
@Pascal9872 when i was making the transition to AoM:EE the modding system didn't work for the gamex.con file. Even tho, modding the original file (and backing it up) actually worked for me. Fortunately EE didn't gave those messages of error of versions :/ (different history with anim files, which sadly EE doesn't allow to mod :'( or all players have to have the same version of the files)
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 24 November 2015 06:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Then I guess at some point they either stopped looking at gamex.con and switched to the defaultHotKeys.xml method. Or maybe it uses them in conjunction in some weird way. But regardless of whether I used the mod way or changed those gamex.con files it didn't make any changes. When I changed the hotkeys.xml file it made the changes I made.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
A monk I need a monk.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames