You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Centaur nerfed
Bottom
Topic Subject:Centaur nerfed
AgnisAls
Mortal
posted 25 November 2015 06:32 AM EDT (US)         
What do you think about this?
Voobly Balance Patch 1.02 ....
Reduced Centaur special multiplier on villagers to 0.75 (resulting in 2 special and 2 regular attacks for a non-atlantean villager kill)
I disagree with this because I think raiding with centaurs its not OP, it requieres skills not only in micro but also your macro management. With this I mean: it takes a great build order and eco to advance to the classical age with wood enough to make Sylvain Lore, a second Centaur and build 2 or 3 millitary buildings...

link: http://www.es.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/550/Voobly-Balance-Patch-102
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 25 November 2015 08:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I disagree too, zeus was meant to be played like this (stronger centaurs). By doing that they're manipulating a strategy that so many of us are familiar with. And yes it does take alot of skill and zeus players are used to it because they've learned it, and this will only make them mad.

If Greeks need anything, they need a buff in the earlier ages. My theory is that as the devs made each civilization they made the next one a counter to the previous, resulting in the weakest start for the first.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
AgnisAls
Mortal
posted 25 November 2015 09:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Here's TSM_Player's perspective:
The centaur special attack nerf should have been only on non-atty vills. If u were fast enough to raid and macro u could kill as many vills you want vs greek/norse/eggy but this way u make zeus just try to cheese more instead of raid vs oranos. 7centaurs raiding vs oranos just to get a chance to kill 1 citizen is too much of a waste of a pop and army when u can be outspammed anytime
Link: http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Titans/showtopic=236315&st=15

To sum up: citizens are even harder to raid now.
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 25 November 2015 02:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Actually that is old. In the Voobly 1.3 patch they restored Centaur attack against attie vils to what it was before. It remained nerfed against other civs vils.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
AgnisAls
Mortal
posted 25 November 2015 07:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
You are right! thanks for updating me. Here's the link:
http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Titans/showtopic=237222
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 26 November 2015 02:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
And Centaur wasn't nerfed as severely in the EE patch.

It looks like it lost max speed for Zeus. But base speed raised to 5.2/ Now max speed is 6.2

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames