You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » GAIA Strategy
Bottom
Topic Subject:GAIA Strategy
ConMeo
Mortal
posted 07 December 2015 04:12 AM EDT (US)         
Hello community,

Two weeks ago I let fate decide on who my next main god was going to be. After a quick startup of a single player game, the gods had apparently chosen Gaia would be a good match-up for me.

So far, I've been playing on Voobly practising Gaia, with a fairly equal balance between wins and losses. However, I'd still like to increase my chances at victory and am looking for some suggestions, tips and most preferably concrete strategies to apply when playing Gaia.

Can anyone of you help me?

Kind regards
AuthorReplies:
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 07 December 2015 08:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Myth units are going to be a problem for Gaia.

I think you have to leverage her Econ advantages and use her forest to help you play defensively - careful against Odin and Thor though. An early 2 Tc boom, but not too early, should help. Get as many Econ ups as you can early. Turma raid but keep main army at home. Spam military buildings to help with defense and to flood units with your better Econ later.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
ConMeo
Mortal
posted 07 December 2015 01:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Thanks Pascal for that useful comment. I've been playing fairly similar to what you've described, but I guess defense and economic booming still doens't always work the best.

Also, have you got any suggestions on how to cope with myth units when playing Gaia?
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 07 December 2015 03:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
You have to buy your heroes. So make sure you only heroize full health units. I'd heroize 1 mum and 1 turma and keep them home and hotkeyed. I wouldn't waste resources on oracle heroes but I could be wrong since I forget their stats. Add more heroes as you need them. Also I believe some Atlantans myth units might get bonuses on mu.

I'll play with her a little tonight and give you a better response later.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
A monk I need a monk.
RTSR
Mortal
posted 07 December 2015 05:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
yeah according to many Gaia/Oranos players, a great counter vs myth units, is the stymphalian bird, which in turn is countered by fire giants... actually the best counter i know of versus Nidhogg is 3 stymphalian birds.
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 07 December 2015 07:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Stymphallian birds are good for myth unit. The arcus has great range and makes a fairly good hero that can be microed. Not sure what the attie hero bonus against MU is.
Oceanus with the little healing birds can help you with playing defensively at home till you can get heroic.
Then you can choose the birds or the behemoth depending on what your plans are.

I really can't comment on the automatons.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
A monk I need a monk.
ConMeo
Mortal
posted 08 December 2015 04:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Thanks RTSR for the advice. I guess I'll have to calculate the cost of those birds into my economy during classical age.

It seems to me that Atlantean heroes' bonus vs myth units is rather dissapointing and not at all cost-effective. I might try to keep some at home for defense, like Pascal has suggested.

Also, I once read or heard that it might be a good idea to go classical through Leto vs an Altantean opponent. Can anybody confirm this?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames