You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Immediate first impressions of the expansion
Bottom
Topic Subject:Immediate first impressions of the expansion
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 28 January 2016 07:50 PM EDT (US)         
This thing is flipping awesome. Way better than I expected. Remastered music, top-of-the-line units and buildings, and godpowers with effects none of us could even dream of.

Mista said himself we were going to love the expansion, and he was right.

I don't even care about balance at the moment, if there are any issues they will all get sorted out later. I'm just in awe at what they've done with a 13 year old game.

Long Live AoM!

PS. The alongside patch also fixes a lot of the natural lag the EE has always had.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 01-28-2016 @ 07:51 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 28 January 2016 08:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
70856.wav

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 28 January 2016 08:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
It is nice so far. There are some hotkey bugs and lightning is completely broken but hopefully those things get fixed quickly.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 29 January 2016 00:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
So Nu Wa is straight up OP.

I mean she reminds me of an on release day isis for the original AoM (Pre-titans) who could age up cheaper and had bonus population from TC's.

Cheaper Human units - This includes villagers. You can age fast. Very Fast. Not to mention she can go Huangdi in classical and get Oracle Bone Script. What's better then a cheap army? A doubly cheap army.

Gardens always produce a slow favor trickle - You become incredibly consistent in producing favor when set to favor, easily able to spam myth. Alternatively set gardens to gold, have a busted economy and still make favor for upgrades/odd myth units.

+1 pop on gardens - Additional pop has always been busted.

Excellent Minor god line up - I think we can all see the advantages of Huangdi in classical, but Dabo Gong in Heroic buffs our already silly gardens (especially if we've switched them to gold) and Xi Wangmu in mythic is the clear choice (Faster training and stronger castle units? which we're already getting at a discount? And a re-usable god power? SURE!)

Markets in classical: Sure why not. Who doesn't want a 3rd source of gold in classical (miners, gardens, this.).

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-29-2016 @ 00:58 AM).]

Tevious
Mortal
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 29 January 2016 03:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
First thing I did was tinker around the editor and I noticed a bug. Statue of Lightning does not graphically update to any of the new Chinese god statues and instead all appear as Isis' statue. This will be a bit of an annoyance in my multiplayer scenario, so I hope it gets fixed.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
terratos
Mortal
posted 29 January 2016 07:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Hi,
I'm really happy that there's a new expansion without huge bugs!

Problems I have:
- Hotkeys are totally messed up. I can't set a hotkey for building villagers and some others also won't work.
- I don't have a "favor trickle" with Nu Wa. Do I have to set the gardens on "favor" to get it? That would not make sense, imo.
- some of the new godpowers are quite useless or boring. But ok, it's nice that they even managed to make new ones.
- OMG, these birds are OP!

Good things:
- cool new civ!
- more players!
- interesting units!
- more than expected!
SwordOfValor
Knight
posted 29 January 2016 11:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
The awesome looking regent unit has an attack animation in the viewer but not in the game. Love having all the new stuff for the editor.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 29 January 2016 01:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Woah! The regent is a unit that was hidden in the alpha/beta which thanks to Steelion69 we got to see before the expansion.

If you want more info I can share it with you.

Turns out he's used in the new regicide map as a "king", and if you lose him you're dead.

There's also files from units that were in the alpha and beta which is what Steelion69 has worked to unearth for us. This is the first time they've included these in an official version, however most of them have a NotPlayerPlaceable tag in the protox, which I've requested to be removed, and got my request filled. Be prepared to see units like the Apep and Griffon, which, if you look around here, you'll see have already been revealed due to the alpha and beta that we got our hands on about 2 years ago.

tl:dr It's cool they didn't completely forget these things.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 01-29-2016 @ 01:37 PM).]

alincarpetman
Demigod
posted 31 January 2016 04:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
When I first read this:

"Wololo arrives in Age of Mythology! The beloved monk from Age of Empires II finally gets its Age of Mythology
counterpart in the monk hero unit, which can convert enemy units and heal friendly ones."

...I thought this meant the Wololo priest was finally created for Aom as a fun bonus, guess not.

But maybe now he can be modded in? More on this mod idea here for any interested.
Exclusive Fate
Mortal
posted 29 February 2016 05:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
So, where's the Classical archer counter?
FrostGiant
Mortal
posted 12 March 2016 07:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
I must say this expansion has grown on me in the weeks since its release. I like the concepts more than the execution though. I think the game is very unfinished and I wish they'd spent more time polishing the art and animations. Having myth units with no special attack animations doesn't really appeal to me and looks lazy. There are also too many reskinned models from the other 4 previous civs.

I also wish the AI would make better use of the Chinese godpowers than it does currently. In fact a general AI upgrade would have been good.

[This message has been edited by FrostGiant (edited 03-12-2016 @ 07:55 AM).]

XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 14 March 2016 09:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
> Remastered Music?
No Remastered Music

> Top of the line units
There all OP af, countering the chinese is like sticking your penis in a volcano

> godpowers with effects none of us could even dream of
A lot of the GP ideas are extremely basic

As much as anyone was excited at first, me and many others feel really disappointed, and moderators are just shamelessly advertising the glorified mod.

By this point, I don't care what FE does, all their Content is going to be poor effort for maximum coin mining, if they cared about the fans they would put more work into this, but they didn't, they care only for money (why do you think the many issues that STILL Exist aren't fixed!)

Warrior was right by saying they have other things to care about than a poorly made port, like PORTING MORE GREAT GAMES AND MAKING THE PORTS WORSE FOR MAXIMUM COIN FARMING.

If the Devs cared, we would see a lot more of them around, but guess what? THEY DON'T!

Stop buying their terrible content, and they might learn to make their content better.

I bet the next AoM Glorified Mod DLC they will release will add the Aztecs, because they know they'll get quick money from that, judging by how many idiots want a civilization that didn't pop up until the 1300s, well over 800 years after the Pre-Viking Dane, Geat, Swede Peoples (which the Norse Represent FYI) [Most of the People that want it are the Hispanic culture, which makes up 60% of the 10,000 people that play AoM now, the Chinese players are already butthurt by the representation of the chinese, You'll see all the hate from the Hispanic people when they see the "misrepresentation" of the Aztecs]

Most of the "balance" changes they added don't buff weak gods, they either weaken them or buff OP Gods, most of the changes they made were towards making AoM a LoL/Dota2 Competitive experience because they think Esports players will play a crap port (and they won't BTW)

The Only good thing is the human units, Bogsveigir, Onager and Physician, and MU design, they actually are pretty decent.

That's all I have to say on ToTD, My words to FE? START CARING ABOUT THE AOM COMMUNITY, START FIXING THIS CRAP PORT, STOP BEING GREEDY AND #$!*ING USELESS!

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 15 March 2016 00:56 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
agreed, Steelion69, also would like to add to that:
fix the damn crashes/oos!!
FrostGiant
Mortal
posted 15 March 2016 09:10 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Haha, have you stuck your pee pee in a volcano?:P

But yes, this game has some fantastic concepts, but the final product is what I'd imagine AoM alpha/beta looked like. It totally unfinished.
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 15 March 2016 04:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
It was supposed to be a random comparison

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames