You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Best water major god!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Best water major god!
Ragefire Hades
Mortal
posted 31 January 2016 01:34 PM EDT (US)         
I know this is a bit off-topic, considering the discussion fervor about the new expansion, but can someone please tell me which is the best major god that is the best on water maps? (considering civilization type, racial bonuses (hippocampus for example) and line of minor gods-along with the bonuses they provide, be it either god powers, aquatic myth units and mythological ship upgrades)

I'm interested in a top-three god classification along with a well-funded and explained opinion! (or a link to another similar topic if such one exists)
AuthorReplies:
Hyena of Set
Mortal
posted 31 January 2016 03:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
(obviously biased) Lord Set
send me or use vision to find best fishing spots
Anubis' sea serpents
Nepthys' fish & ghost ships
Thoth's Turtle

All Hail Lord Set

[This message has been edited by Hyena of Set (edited 01-31-2016 @ 03:29 PM).]

Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 01 February 2016 10:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Oranos. Only Major god with access to an aquatic myth unit in every age, also Sky Passages are a great way to move between islands.

Oceanus - Age 2 water myth unit to start the beats, Carnivora god power can be cast on water (right next to enemy dock) and gives you effectively 2 water myth units in classical. Caladria in the rear as an extra medic.

Losing Prometheus is sad, but winning the water in the 2nd age is worth it. Less Strong on Islands with large amounts of coast, but on a map like River Nile this is totally oppressive and game ending unless the enemy has some other way to cross the water.

Heroic Age gives a choice, Either go Hyperion and get Nereids and assume further control of the water, or go Theia for the Stymphalian Bird (viable on land and water) and better techs (especially Lemurian Descendants because LOS in a large water map is often hard to come by.)

Helios - Vortex lets you travel between islands without transports. Heka Gigantes are strong, but we're also getting a potential 3rd water myth unit in the Man O'War. Halo of the Sun buffs fire Siphon's & SHIPS. Mirror Towers are another line of defense around your shoreline!

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Sylvan_Lore
Mortal
posted 01 February 2016 01:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Ive gotta say from my experience that zeus is the strongest water god. There is a reason why people hate playing zeus on Mediterranean and why TSM is one of the strongest clans.

Zeus has decent to good fishing at the start but he has two classical advantages. First off he can use ceasefire to go fast heroic or restoration to completely win a fight. While this is happening he will also have a lot of food so if you pick athena, you can send two minotaurs and a hero with your ships to effectively clear them off the water.

If they somehow manage to cling on until heroic, you have Scylla which train instantly and beat almost all other units in the water (including krakens and leviathans). Continue to make arrow ships and a few siege with 2-3 scylla and there in no way water is a problem anymore.
Ragefire Hades
Mortal
posted 01 February 2016 01:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
ok, but I taught the norse have the best navy due to the krakens and longboats having the capacity to carry military units inside (load up a few mountain giants or rams and unload them at the enemy docks); especially Loki who gets free myth units on land (lets favor be spent on krakens instead) and easy favor gathering via hersirs (even more favor for krakens) => more favor accumulated = more krakens! I've also noticed that jormmund elver has a pretty long range, has lots of hp, and a massive pierce attack, and is pretty subtle and hard to hit even when massed.

I'm just saying that norse have an advantage in aquatic myth unit spamming, have good to best aquatic myth units and most aquatic creatures can support shoreline fights (long range and massive pierce attack via jormmund elver and krakens can both sink ships and throw soldiers); and you don't even need transports if you have longboats!

Also lets not forget Thor: while having no myth units, armory upgrades benefit ships also, and with burning pitch available in classic he has pretty hard-hitting ships!

And what about Poseidon? he has both a respawning naval scout in archaic, scylla in heroic and Argo in mythic!

[This message has been edited by Ragefire Hades (edited 02-01-2016 @ 02:08 PM).]

Aoe_1337
Mortal
posted 02 February 2016 10:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Oranos best on water? No, i dont think so.
I would say that Thor and Zeus probably are the best. I think Loki is kinda underrated though, has access to pretty much all mythic tech on the water, and his kraken cost less.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames