You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Record - Average - Bad, Age Advancement Times?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Record - Average - Bad, Age Advancement Times?
billy X
Mortal
posted 20 July 2016 06:09 PM EDT (US)         
Classical - Heroic - Mythic
Record ?:?? ?:?? ?:??
Average ?:?? ?:?? ?:??
Unacceptable ?:?? ?:?? ?:??

Want to use the Editor with a modern resolution?
uitriggereditor.xml widescreen fix
AuthorReplies:
Loggy
Mortal
posted 21 July 2016 11:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Generalisations are bad. There's always going to be exceptions.

Whilst obvious, your classical time is going to vary based on the build you're doing, which is affected by the map, your opponents and the like. Of the three, it'll be the most controlled: when to go up to the other ages is more dependent on what your opponent is doing.

And going up early isn't always good. Hitting classical at ~4mins basically relies on you doing something to cripple your opponent or you've lost the game from having too little economy.

[This message has been edited by Loggy (edited 07-21-2016 @ 11:06 AM).]

ImSoDevious
Mortal
posted 21 July 2016 07:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Going for record advance times is bad since you want ot be continually making villagers.

You should usually try to advance before 5 minutes though its not the end of the world if you advance a little bit later.

Anything later than 5:30 is generally really quite bad unless you are atlantean and building your second town center in archaic, though in some cases egyptians can get away with 5:30 because of their free watch towers.
moonshadow222
Mortal
posted 09 August 2016 05:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Assuming you go on an eco heavy build and avoid rushes

Classical: 5:30-6.
Heroic 8-10
Mythic, 2-3 minutes right after heroic

I usually advance with around 20 villagers to classical (10F, another 10 spread between W and G, depending on CIV).
By heroic, I have full eco build up with villagers, around 40 (15 food, 15 wood/gold, 10 gold/wood, again, depending on CIV).

Market -> mythic ->10-15 caravans on top of 10 vili for gold. If I lose gold villies, I make extra caravans.

If I play safer and not go full eco boom, it would be like
C:4-5
H: 10-15
M: 15-30.

This is because between H and M, I will also build units and take town centers, secure areas of the map and so on.

[This message has been edited by moonshadow222 (edited 08-09-2016 @ 05:52 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames