You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Guide for Noob
Bottom
Topic Subject:Guide for Noob
petros2gr
Mortal
posted 25 August 2016 07:20 AM EDT (US)         
Any guide for a noob that can only beat a moderate PC in sea map? Or Perhaps any advise from you? I don't know when I play multiplayer I instantly get rushed and defeated immediately. Thanks for everything.
AuthorReplies:
Loggy
Mortal
posted 26 August 2016 12:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Seeing as nobody else replied, I might as well offer something. I'm not great myself, so you might want to apply an unhealthy serving of salt to this...

Watching games like these and lurking other places people post them would help. Whilst maybe a little dated, the commentary is pretty insightful about general ways to play the game.

In general, work with a reasonable build order and carefully attack an AI of any difficulty except Titan very early on and they'll lose as you can very quickly: you can easily constrain them to their base until they are unable to gather resources anywhere, so long as you aren't throwing units away. They also love to randomly feed you all their villagers to kill as well. You can just run around the resources of their base and pick off villagers when they are unprotected and their economy falls to pieces.

The AI is seriously flawed in many ways that human players aren't, though. It is quite happy to fight battles it should run from, or throw all its units away chasing things you retreat into towers. Teaming several up against you is still quite winnable on Hard but that kind of play isn't going to be too helpful for learning to play against humans.
eddoww
Mortal
posted 04 September 2016 08:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
You should check out www.aomguides.com. A good amount of guides available there!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames