You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Recommended Minor Gods for each Major God
Bottom
Topic Subject:Recommended Minor Gods for each Major God
chrispronger
Mortal
posted 14 September 2016 06:06 PM EDT (US)         
Could someone please recommend the suggested Minor Gods for each Major God for all 15 Major Gods and provide some objective reasoning? Obviously, the best Minor God to choose can vary depending on the circumstances of each game, whether it is land or land and water, etc. However, does anyone generally stick to the same Minor Gods for each Major God, and why?

Personally, I try to pick three Minor Gods so each myth unit costs a different resource type (ideally one food, one wood, and one gold). That way I can create myth units with whatever resource type I have an excess of. I also try to pick Minor Gods that provide the same bonuses as the Major God (i.e. Zeus-Athena for infantry, Poseidon-Hermes-Dionysus for cavalry, Hades-Apollo-Artemis for archers, etc.). Since I always play with Random civs, I also try to vary it up so that I play with each Minor God against the AI for fun, although I do have some personal preferences (I like Hekate for rejuvenating Titans, I don't like Oceanus, etc.).
AuthorReplies:
Loggy
Mortal
posted 15 September 2016 10:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Best way is to look at higher-end play to see what people take in various situations. Myth unit resource costs aren't usually a consideration: how useful the myth unit is definitely is more important.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of different versions of the game - there's unpatched Titans, the various incarnations of the Voobly patch and the EE patches. A lot of this stuff is aimed at nerfing/buffing certain minor god choices that shakes everything up quite a lot.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames