You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Custom Hotkeys??
Bottom
Topic Subject:Custom Hotkeys??
Zefrost
Mortal
posted 19 December 2017 05:54 PM EDT (US)         
I have recently purchased this game again after originally playing this game as a child. I have played only MMO's with more serious hotkeys and I need to be able to create my own hotkeys in order to play this game now. I've been playing with just the mouse but it's awful. I've tried editing the hotkeys in the actual game itself but they just reset to default.

I have been looking for hours and cannot find any guide anywhere in all of google on how to create custom hotkeys with either a user.con or some sort of mod. I have edited files on other older games before so I'm not totally ignorant on the subject but I cannot even find in the game.con the existence of all of the hotkeys and the ability to change them. I also need them to work for multiplayer.

Can someone help me? Is this even possible?
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 25 January 2018 10:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
i just helped someone here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29923,,10

all of the hotkeys are listed in the game/gamex.con file in the startup folder of the main game folder. some of them aren't obvious but can quickly be figured out with a keyword or the actual hotkey itself. use the search function in the txt file.

you can then create a user.con file (a txt file saved as a .con file - save as "all files" under "save as type". name it user.con and it will save as a .con file).

now lines of hotkey code in this file will override the ones in the game/x/the game. edit as you wish.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames