You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Watching RG'S
Bottom
Topic Subject:Watching RG'S
lolman
Mortal
posted 30 January 2018 11:41 PM EDT (US)         
Hi guys, i am new here.

Well, I did not see any search buttons here.
So, is there any add / mod that allows me to see the RG's in more detail or more efficiently? Which ones would be the best? I noticed that in channel strategygamevideos it has an excellent viewer.

PS: sorry for any error, like place that i am postting the topic or anything else..

[This message has been edited by lolman (edited 01-30-2018 @ 11:44 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 31 January 2018 09:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
What are RG's?

/Edit: Ah, Recorded games ?! What do you mean by more detail or efficiency?

If in a 1v1 a 3rd Player was observer you can watch from obs perspective. So that's good, showing you both players. Otherwise I believe that the Voobly Balance Patch 2.0-Recorded Games all come with an automatically added Observer-Player for that matter, which does not spawn and has no influence on the maps. I believe they made it work with custom Random Map Scripts.
Also they have added some Chatcodes for Observers which actively participate in a game, allowing for them to see resources or technologies being researched if they query for it in chat with !t or !r or something.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 01-31-2018 @ 09:57 PM).]

lolman
Mortal
posted 07 February 2018 09:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
"Also they have added some Chatcodes for Observers which actively participate in a game, allowing for them to see resources or technologies being researched if they query for it in chat with !t or !r or something."

So man.. i want something like that! but i don't use voobly(i play on gr). I just watch RG's(recorded games) that i download from web.. and want to see resources or technologies being researched and more things if possible hehe. when i said efficiency, was meaning more information from the RG or functionalities.

this video by keen, was on voobly?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVn_rkLShs

Thanks for the patience and atenttion!!

Off: Where have more players gaming aomt, voobly or GR?
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 07 February 2018 02:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
that video is from the extended edition, what you're seeing is exclusive. you have to buy the EE for that layout.

Also GameRanger has the most players but you'll be playing with noobs, laggers, and people who don't speak english. the game will go out of sync alot too.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 02-07-2018 @ 02:25 PM).]

Izalith
Mortal
posted 07 February 2018 02:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Ah, no, that overlay is not Voobly, it is EE.

In my experience gr has slightly more players, but the playerbase is about the same. In voobly you see a list of all players online and have a common chatroom, so u can target players directly with messaging even if they are in no room.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

fabioxds
Mortal
posted 14 February 2018 05:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
This is something I always wondered: my recorded games always seem wrong relating to the other players! If I re-play my RGs and look at someone's vision the game seems dull, like the player was AFK! I don't get it, we were using the same version and had no sync issues, so what's wrong???

[This message has been edited by fabioxds (edited 02-14-2018 @ 06:00 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 16 February 2018 08:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
that's almost always caused by watching the rec on the wrong version, or one or both of you had non-online mods that you don't have anymore.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Izalith
Mortal
posted 17 February 2018 05:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Most recs are uploaded on voobly or rts-sanctuary. To watch them correctly u need the according voobly balance patch version.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

fabioxds
Mortal
posted 02 March 2018 12:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Just watched a video on YT where the guy says that recorded games only work properly (ie: shows where the player clicks, exact camera position at all times, etc) only if we watch the player who was hosting the game. Don't know if this is true for the Extended Edition, but I checked on Vanilla AoM and Titans, and yes, he was right. So I just disable the view lock when watching other players.

PS: I think lolman was asking for a mod wich shows the number of villagers working on resources, like the videos he mentioned.
It's the Villager Stat Utility, you can download it here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2738

It's only for The Titans expansion, don't know if it works on EE.

[This message has been edited by fabioxds (edited 03-02-2018 @ 01:01 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 02 March 2018 01:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I was gonna mention the mod called Esanta or Ekanta UI too but I don't think it enhances RG's any more

Check out my YouTube
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames