You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What is the best map for Hades?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What is the best map for Hades?
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 28 April 2018 05:20 PM EDT (US)         
Just something I was pondering, as Hades happens to be my favourite Major God. I assume I would mostly be looking for maps that are very easy to defend... Acropolis, perhaps?
AuthorReplies:
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 29 April 2018 08:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
alfheim, watering hole, mediterenian
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 29 April 2018 11:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Hmmmmm, I get it for Alfheim and Watering Hole, but I am not sure if I get it for Mediterranean. I may be biased against it though because I hate water maps and am a very defensive player, but I see Hades as mostly a "turtling" god and I see maps like the Mediterranean as designed to heavily punish you for turtling, as it would usually mean sacrificing your control of the central lake. Unless you dont-Mind-To be relegated to the corners of the map, that is
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 29 April 2018 01:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
ah.. I was going more with a "easy to defend", which you have only 2 directions on land so hades defense can be of service
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 29 April 2018 01:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Oh, yeah! But, if you wall these two directions, you will probably have to pick between leaving out a space on water completely unprotected, or squeezing yourself in a small corner on the map :/. Mediterranean is actually a terrible map for turtling, based on my personal experience. It is better played by civilizations with a strong navy or early economy... What... Tends to actually be kind of the same thing because, on the Classical Age, all that every player can build on water are arrow ships, so taking control of the water tends to be a battle of "Who can build the most Arrow Ships the fastest!"

Have I mentione I hate water maps yet :P?
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 29 April 2018 06:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I like water maps, but I'm not really a navy guy. I prefer infantry.
I hardly bother with cavalry or archers either. I use them when I need them, but strong infantry is my crutch
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
(id: eine_gurkensalad)
posted 01 May 2018 02:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Water is also constructing towers, docks and age 3 the fastest
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 01 May 2018 03:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Pretty sure the only one of those things Hades excels at is towers, which arent going to be holding back a assault on the water all by theirselves . Also, the fact Hades relies mostly on slow foot units( Due to the lack of God upgrades to its cavalry and the fact that most of the best Myth Units of the Greks are somewhat on the slow side ) also makes attacking by land on this map somewhat difficult, as you have a whole curve you need to make before getting to your opponent base. At least Manticora can fight back against ship fire...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames