You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Transparent AoM/T logos
Bottom
Topic Subject:Transparent AoM/T logos
King DiNido
Mortal
posted 02 May 2018 04:32 AM EDT (US)         
Perhaps any one of you lads still know where I can obtain them from? Aom and titans, please. I do have jpegs of them, look like a..pah, blurry mess.

I got back to Ensemble's website archives that go back to 2003 at most. And considering the fact gifs don't support transparency am out of luck?

I'd appreciate if anyone has the key art too with all the gods on the forefront (like the game's splash screen) minus the text plastered on that, either any promo materials. I love to keep stuff like this that often gets lost, yknow.

[This message has been edited by King DiNido (edited 05-02-2018 @ 04:35 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 03 May 2018 04:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
You can extract all with aomed, or download this: https://meta-plays.com/index.php?/forums/topic/398-all-aom-icons-images-textures-and-more/&tab=comments&game=5#comment-482

Also the aom wikia has quite a lot of them, like the major god ones with transparency.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
King DiNido
Mortal
posted 04 May 2018 06:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Ah yes, I got that stuff. I have looked into the game texture files (AoM/TT on CD) to no avail, for the logos in specific.

I do have a lot of other stuff, only I lack proper logo renders (been looking for those for awful long time)

Like, AoM logos have shadow effect on a solid color background to them, that if I hand cut them out of any image I can find on Google, at most heavily compressed, will destroy the overall looks. Which is why I prefer to have the "official" renders, if any are to be found. The better the image resolution, the better the scaling on my monitor; want to fancy up my desktop.

Hey you know if the Gods artwork (the splash screen art) is still possible to be dug up anywhere?

I mean, this in full & decent quality/size:

I'd love to have that for the sake of having it,lol
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 04 May 2018 08:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
The splash screens are right there in the AoM folder, not even a subfolder just next to the exe-files.

Loading1280.bmp and Loadingx1280.bmp

The "Shadow" effect is there in the major god pictures.. so it's in the folder I linked. It's just that the background is monocolored and not transparent, so some people remove the shadows when they remove the background color.

The only artwork I didn't ever saw in the original game files were the big pictures of the major gods, like Isis, Poseidon and so on, and some other advert pictures & concept arts.

But the wikia has the full artwork god pictures.. http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Ra

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 05-04-2018 @ 08:44 PM).]

King DiNido
Mortal
posted 05 May 2018 04:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Yeah your right but the artwork on the splash screens has the logo covering big part of it. I need it clean, without any text there blocking the view, you know.

As for the shadow, I suppose you misunderstood what I meant. I mean the drop shadow effect on the logo itself, if you ever done logos, you'd used that pretty often, designers do it so as to give better immersion to the image and have it look 3D-ish.

In example, see this, the original AoM logo on a white background (taken from the ensemble fansite kit):

You notice it is shadowed, right? That's where the problem comes, this effect is lost if you remove the background using any image editor (even GIMP).

Man, weird Ensemble had The Titans fansite kit full of renders and transparent images in a psd format that you could easily use, but AoM instead used the less conventional jpgs. They should have had the logo w/o any background and in better resolution - I mean, 600x243 is way smaller, I swear they did not design the logo like this.

Of course I remember seeing some E3 promo materials from back in the day where they had the huge AoM banners hanging around the place with the logo on top, so they definitely had a bigger version of that . I can't say why chose to include the 600x243 logo instead a full PSD of it you can then resize yourself.

Like I said I have all sorts of promo sh*t for the whole Age of Empires franchise lying around, then again Age3's fansite kit offers the full scale project file of its logo (usually a psd file you can open across any image editor)

Yep, you can see the difference versus the logo with solid color background and one without:

https://i.imgur.com/ZY8Pv85.jpg

Judging how they did not give us that, I think it's little to less possible to find in, like, any resolution higher - just the clean logo, nothing more.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames