You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » 3 Things you love and hate about EE TotD.
Bottom
Topic Subject:3 Things you love and hate about EE TotD.
Zeus52
Mortal
posted 04 December 2018 04:29 AM EDT (US)         
Loves:
1) The new Chinese civ (love the MUs and GPs).
2) Giant map sizes.
3) Shadowing.

Hate:
1) It looks like a fan based mod. Shoddy effort. Lots of attention to detail items from the original left out with the new civ for example.
2) Recycled unit models/ animations.
3) It's not moddable.

What are yours?
AuthorReplies:
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 04 December 2018 05:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
uhh wrong, EE and ToTD are moddable, the data files are no longer contained in .bar or .xmb files and are now loose and easy to edit (probably why the game takes so damn long to load now)

if anything AoM modding is easier now than ever.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Zeus52
Mortal
posted 04 December 2018 08:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Oh, it is? Can you use aomed to change unit stats or they have a newer mod package for that?
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 04 December 2018 09:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Honestly, the only thing I can think about it that I hate( And even then it is not so much that "I hate it" As it is that "I kind of dislike it" ) are the "new" units given for the old civilizations. I think all they did was kind of taking out the personality of the original civs a bit( Like, did anyone really wanted the Norse to get a archer? )

I dont mind then basing some of the new units the Chinese have in old units that were discarded for other civilizations. With that said, I will forever wonder how would that have affected Hades as a major god if he had gotten the Cataphract as his "unique" human unit as in opposed to the Gastraphetes, but, considering the absolute lack of interest when I brought this up on the forums, I seem to definitively be the only one to wonder that at all.
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 04 December 2018 11:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Loves:
1) New civ
2) It's on steam!

Hate:
1) Light effects make it hard to see where the players LOS ends & Midgard relics are invisible with this light settings & Lag & EE Bugs & General bad EE performance
2) New civ looks bad, poor assets
3) Bad Game Design, china copies stats from old units, they put in player unit conversion monks, give greek healers >.<#

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 12-04-2018 @ 11:49 PM).]

XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 06 December 2018 01:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
@Zeus
hard to explain, but there's plenty of guides on the AoMEE steam guides.

2easy just open a .xml with notepad

@draco
Nobody really wanted the Norse to get an archer, but then again the Norse kinda-needed a proper long ranged unit, not to mention they're a hill fort unit trainable in the heroic age (not to mention it is historically inaccurate to spew misinfo about how they were a "swords & axes" people despite having a war god of skiing, and archery, blah blah, just read this: http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_bow.htm) in short, It is accurate for the Bogsveigir to be a long ranged archer, because the Norse only had longbows in their pre-viking history! (and don't quote "civ uniquity" regulation to me, one archer unit isn't going to affect how 'unique' a civilisation is, unless that unit is well balanced (though this is a product of FE, balance doesn't exist apparently when you can make money instead)

@izalith
quit crying old man, the future is now

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 06 December 2018 03:49 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
if the future is now when r we gonna delete heavengames and move to steam forums? :P

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 06 December 2018 09:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Yes, of course the norse had archers, historically speaking. Very few cultures at that time-Didnt-Had archers. For the game developers to choose to make the a civ without "true" archers originally was just a way to add a bit of flair. Complaining about Norse not getting archers would be kind of like complaining about the Greek not having priests. It is just the game designers triyng to take some liberties, there is no reason to make a fuss about it.

As for need of "A proper long-range unit": What is wrong with Throwing Axemen and Ballistas?

[This message has been edited by Draco_Wolfgand (edited 12-06-2018 @ 09:58 AM).]

Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 06 December 2018 02:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Throwing Axemen and Ballistas
ta has low base attack and ballistas have long train time and cost a lot for how fragile they are
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 06 January 2019 08:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Love
1. The fact we have a new civ
2. Official online format/layout
3. Mod workshop

Hate
1. Chinese OP and unbalanced
2. Annoying looping music in at main menu/lobby that I had to disable
3. Campaign dialogs too quiet
Overall lack of dev support

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames