You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Why Age of Mythology will be interesting...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why Age of Mythology will be interesting...
fhertlein
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 06:37 PM EDT (US)         
If I had a nickel for every time some forum member mentioned the artwork of the prior Age series not being unique.

1a.
Based on the two screenshots and the initial hints of three mighty cultures, gods, trolls, I presume that the artwork will be unique and awesome. Of course, three cultures are not necessarily civs, but can include much variety, and at this point in the game, who knows if the cultures will have other branches.

I can only imagine the complaints that will issue forth from the gods throwing lightning and meteors. Probably worse than the trebuchet whining.

2a.
Let us remember that resources are required in order to have military, villagers, etc. I canít wait to see the counters available for the spells as well as the resources necessary for spell casting. Instead of The Rush, we probably will have The SpRush (Spell Rush), hahahaha. Players also could have games with no spell rules, etc.

Already sooo many complaints about the HISTORICAL tragedy that has happened.

3a.
Since myth and lore played such a huge role HISTORICALLY in peoples mindsets, this game is historic. All that ES has done is include the added feature of fantastic creatures and god interaction to match what civilizations thought back then. I wonder how the Anubis and presumed Kraken (that we all have seen), will affect the civilizations? I am very interested how to use the minions to influence the various cultures.

I enjoy the game play of RTS, i.e. strategy and micromanagement. Mix this in with more active player involvement, if my assumption is correct about the god factor, and I think the potential for an awesome game exists.

∑ Heroes involved in the game versus only in campaigns.

∑ Since every iteration of the AGE series has been better than the prior, I am excited to compare this product with the prior items.

I eagerly await the word from E3 in May.

"The devil and the priest can't exist if one goes away, its just like the battle of the sun and moon, night and day. The force of the devil is what we are told to fear. Watch out for religion when he gets too near."
"Living in a world of fantasy, I can hide behind what's real."
"Behind a smile, there's danger and a promise to be told, you'll never get old. Life's fantasy, to be locked away and still to think you're free! So live for today, tomorrow never comes. Die young."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames