You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Questions and Ideas on the Campaigns
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions and Ideas on the Campaigns
Cyclops
Mortal
posted 30 March 2002 12:43 PM EDT (US)         
Well I know that the campaigns will consist of 30 and over scenarios. I know that it will be focused on Arcontos and it will run through all the three civs. But what stories do you think Arcontos will take place in.

I think there is going to be the trojan war, with Oddyseus for the greek parts but thats all I know. What about stories with the Egyptians, and the Norse.

Please share your ideas

Whoever reads what I said above should disregard whatever I said, because I probably don't know what im talking about.
AuthorReplies:
Cyclops
Mortal
posted 30 March 2002 06:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Theres to many responses, one at a time please!!!!

Whoever reads what I said above should disregard whatever I said, because I probably don't know what im talking about.
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 30 March 2002 07:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
I am hoping - based on no evidence whatsoever, this would just be cool, mind you - that the campaign will work something like 'Kenji's story', the campaign in Battle Realms.

Here's a little example of how the Battle Realms campaign worked for the first four missions:

Mission 1: Choose where your alliances lie, you end up playing as the Dragon Clan or Serpent Clan.

Mission 2: Choose from one of two scenarios to play.

Mission 3: Play the scenario you didn't choose on the previous mission, gain a new hero in the process.

Mission 4: Choose from three options, one gains you a hero for your campaign, one gains you a new unit to build, one prevents a certain clan from attacking you later on.

Mission 5: Set level, no choices.

Mission 6: Choose from two choices. One choice gets you a new hero. One choice gives you the ability to make a new unit.

Etc.

It's a very choice driven game that lets you play through the campaign 20 different ways. The game continues like that through the whole campaign [20 or so scenarios, I think.]

It's a lot more interesting than just having scenario after scenario after scenario. The AoM campaign could work in a similar way, going off on completely different courses based on your decisions in the game. The same choices could likewise end up changing your culture as you go along - so you could go from Greek to Norse to Egyptian, or from Greek to Egyptian and stick with Egyptian, or go to Egyptian and back to Greek, maybe. Who knows?

Your choices in the campaign could be affected by minor deities you choose, so you could build and customise or change your civilization as you go along. [Much like EE, now I think. That was a good feature.]

Whatever ES do though, I'm sure will be interesting.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 03-30-2002 @ 09:02 PM).]

IR_Evil
Mortal
posted 30 March 2002 08:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Heh I like that kind of campiagn TSD, but it means they would probably have to make alot more scns and I;'m pretty sure they're just doing a linear campaign (probably with how you do in one scn not affecting the others, which was something I liked about the EE campaigns, you built ur civ as you went along the campaign).
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 30 March 2002 08:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Well they mentioned you got to choose to change culture as you played the campaign, so it can't be completely linear...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Cyclops
Mortal
posted 31 March 2002 10:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
U know what kind of campaign i think AOM will have. Exactly like El Cids campaign in aoe.

he is first with the spanish then move to the saracens and then move back to the spanish

Say that Arcontos is first with the greeks and then after a couple of missions he is some how banished and seeks refuge to the egyptians and so on for the norse.

Thats my idea.

Azzie
Hero
(id: Aztec Emperor)
posted 31 March 2002 10:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Has anybody recently built a shrine to TSD?

I have battle realms, and I *LOVE* that fact. AoM should work the same way. You are most likely able to defect to different sides, gaining different heroes etc.

On another note, you maybe not able to choose. (for some reason, when you "win" you actually fail and a banished. Much like RA2...when destroying Yuri, he's already gone by the time you get there)

What ever it is, it'll be good I'm sure

Jazzman
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 08:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       

That sounds awesome TSD. I hope they do something like that. I've never played Battle Realms but they used a similar (if simpler) version in the HOMM series (II was a better example of this than III) and I loved the way it worked out.

But there was one thing that bugged me to no end in the AoK and TC campaigns; the fact that in half of the scenarios, progress to the Imperial age was blocked off. Not getting paladins or trebs or your elite UU, that was annoying. I hope they don't do that too often in AoM.

Cyclops
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 10:29 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Whatever ES does I know it will be sweet. From the looks of it I think Arkontos starts off as Greeks.

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 04:09 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Yeah, your main character in the campaign is Arkantos, and you start as Greeks, [which I suspect is becaus the greeks are the easiest to learn]. However apparently you can change culture during the campaign, not sure how that works.

jcl at PAoE is still reviewing the CGMagazine 8 page preview of AoM (Get the may issue if you can. ) here: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~aoe/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000179 He mentions the campaign among other interesting things.

Quote:

Single story arc with at the time of writing 36 scenarios.
Plus 3 tutorial scenarios
Single player is character based, but not to the extent of a RPG
Have 1 person in charge of story arc and 4 assistants, compared to Greg Street doing almost all of AOK's and Chris Rippy doing almost all of AOE's by themselves.
Assisting in Siege of Troy
Visit Hades itself
Promises campaign only elements

TheShdwDwn

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 04-03-2002 @ 04:13 AM).]

Socrates
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 05:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Sounds great. What could these campain only elements be?
lief ericson
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 12:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
units, heroes, spells

OMG! Maybe they'll have special scenario only GP's!

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Cyclops
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 04:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Damn I got to get that magazine

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames