You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Need More Ra and Less Zeus...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need More Ra and Less Zeus...
CC_Straight_Og
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 01:45 AM EDT (US)         
I hope the rest (or some of) the civs have bonuses like Ra.

Zeus' bonuses are AoK-like. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just they're more of this, faster that...

Ra's bonus that let's priests empower (like mini-pharaohs) opens up a whole new dimension.

So hopefully we'd see less...

• Hades cavalry +20% hitpoints.
  • Loki trains archers +15% faster.

More...

• Hades needs no houses.
  • Loki's archer's can convert units.

Those are just examples, they aren't real bonuses or anything. I'd just like to see as much diversity between the civs of the same culture as possible. IMO it makes the game more replayable and fun.

Agree, disagree?

AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 03:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I think that's what ES are aiming for.

Though maybe not Archers converting units.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 01 April 2002 04:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
zeus's bonuses were pretty big to if you ask me.

double favor cap doesnt sound to shabby

lief ericson
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 06:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
That's why I loved the Huns and Turks in AoK. Both had very unique bonuses.

Hehe! Archers that can convert other units. That's always been my secret dream.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
CC_Straight_Og
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 07:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
The archers converting units was just an example, not necessarily a realistic one.

Zeus having double the favour cap is a big bonus no doubt, but I still like bonuses that aren't so quantitative better.

The Hun "no house bonus" was a good example of this in AoK. Playing the Huns was very different than playing the other civs. I'd like to see more of that.

I guess I'll have to wait for the Thor showcase this Friday. Maybe they'll be an interesting bonus revealed.

ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 01 April 2002 07:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I don't think you'll be disappointed. We debated long and hard on whether Zeus' main game-changing bonus was game-changing enough, but it turns out that the ability to horde 200 Favor has an enormous impact on playing the game. Favor is wasted if you are generating it while at your cap, so Zeus tends to waste less Favor and as a result has a lot more MUs and improvements.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 09:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
But DS, if you hit your cap, wouldn't it be a good idea to use it??? And if you can't use it, and your greek(Zeus), just stop your villagers from praying and mine gold.

Maybe you should also have a bell or siren that tells your when you hit your favor cap.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Real
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 05:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
I think it's the same like if you hint your pop cap in AoC.

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 03:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Had further ideas... Couldn't help but add them.

Opinion*: We can see big bonuses cropping up in the game. Like Ra's priests empowering...no doubt other 'big' bonuses will appear, like Loki's archers converting enemies and Odin's Infantry having the ability to become invisible when montionless and Set's Cavalry to fly. But on this same token the 'ordinary' bonuses I doubt will be as 'ordinary' as in AoK.

For example, Zeus doesn't get 'Favour cap +20%'. He gets double favour cap. So his bonus to Infantry HP is going to be likewise 'big', not 'small', so maybe +60% HP or something like that.

*Disclaimer: By reading this disclaimer you accept that Shadow is not to be held accountable if this information is in any way inaccurate, misleading or false.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames