Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Einherjar
Bottom
Topic Subject:Einherjar
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 01 April 2002 10:17 AM EDT (US)         
If anyone is particuarly into Norse Mythology the Einherjar are heroes who died in battle. They live in Valhalla fighting all day in preparation for Ragnorak, by meal time in Odin's hall of Warriors all wounds are healed so the previous fighting wounds will heal ready for tommorows training.

My question to everyone is do you think the Einherjar ( if they are included in the game ) Are a fully upgraded infantry ,warrior or a hero unit? Hope to see other people's views on this.

AuthorReplies:
Gagylpus
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 11:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Hero or MU, but more likely hero.
And also, these guys not only did fight all day, they cut each other to pieces and then got put back together. They were chosen off the battle field by the valkyries, and they were served by them in Valhalla.

Gagylpus
I don't have a signature. Signatures are for mortals. Or very insecure immortals like those freaking Greek gods.

[This message has been edited by Gagylpus (edited 04-01-2002 @ 11:35 AM).]

tin man
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 03:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
would be a cool GP. Definitely Odin's. Just think- you and your opponent's armies clash at the outskirts of his town. At the end of the battle, he has successfully repelled your attack, leaving dead Norse bodies skattered across the field. All of a sudden, you use Einherjar and all of your units suddenly spring back to life to finish the attack on his decimated army.
jduderocks
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 03:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Probably heroes, but they would supply the norse with pretty good normal units
lief ericson
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 06:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Or maybe the Valkyries have a special power that makes a fallen unit of their/your choice be reborn. It wouldn't be too powerful, but it could seriously hurt your enemy if you continually reanimated your units. Like in Battle Realms, with the Necromancer.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
AmericanaThorFez
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 06:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
The GP "Ancestors" that currently belongs to the Eggies could be switched to Norse and called Einherjar. It could be just for the heroes that died within a certain range...That would really help out during sieges. Or a GP that was called "Ragnarok" and you get a certain amount heroes that died back, or some more heroes, or a hero resistance to MU's. It would be a 4th age GP cuz it would be at the END of a game.

(>" )>Proud Templar of the Flying Purple Hippo Clan! <("< )
::: FPH_Martin'sAward for the funniest lyrics:::
I ated the purple berries!They taste like buuuurning!~Ralph Wiggum~(8^(*)~Homer Simpson
"The sun?? Oh no! That's the hottest place on earth!"~Homer Simpson.
I came here to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!

[This message has been edited by AmericanaThorFez (edited 04-01-2002 @ 07:02 PM).]

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 03:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
The original concept for Norse heroes was that regular units would become heroes after a certain number of kills...which effectively meant Norse heroes were fairly weak compared to Greek and Egyptian. Of course, that's old info and lots could have changed then, I mean the Egyptians have pharoah now instead...

BUT ES seem to be aiming for different everything basically with the three cultures, so why not have heroes different?

So, if that system is in place heroes can't really have any special traits, since all they'd do is maybe get more attack bonus against MU's or some more HP and start glowing...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames