You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Some good ideas for ES about the X pack and AoM.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Some good ideas for ES about the X pack and AoM.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 04:26 PM EDT (US)         
They must Return to their original ships' idea in AoM.
Fire must burn units.

Then for X pack:

1. Israelite culture's not bad option I've some Ideas for it:
a) Sigle G-d culture which gains favor by praying and animal sacrifice, divided in only two civs: Abrahamanic and Moses believers.
Abrahamanic- Traditional ones, who believe in all aspects before Moses appered.
Moses Believers- Decalog believers.

b)MUs: Galemi also called Golem MU.

c) Heroes- Abraham, Jacob, Isaac- Abrahamanic. ( If Abraham is killed then Isaac will be next hero, and then if Isaac is killed Jacob will be next hero.)

Moses, Isaiah, David, Solomon, Juda, and all
12 Tibes leaders- Moses Believers.

d) Army: Swordsmen, Archers and slingers are the options.

e) Buildings: Temples, Fortressses, houses and TC's and markets also granaries.

f) G-d Powers: Since this culture's single G-d, they may have chance for more G-d powers than other culture's maybe two each age.

Well why I think this can be good option- Egyptians vs. Hebrews (Israelites.
This won't be offensive for the Jewish community and may be taken as a complement for many jewish guys that like this games. I'M JEWISH SO I KNOW THAT.

2. Add the Moeso Americans.
3. Add the Mesopotamians.
4. Add Chinese.
5. Add Romans.
6. Add Hindus.

Well here're some ideas for AoM and it's X-pack. I know it'll take too much for X-pack's release but these are good ideas.

AuthorReplies:
Socrates
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 06:25 AM EDT (US)     31 / 45       

Quote:

They must Return to their original ships' idea in AoM.

I haven't seen a naval screenshot in ages. If the idea has been dropped, then it was for good reason. An idea can sound really good, but sometimes it's just not practical or fun in the game.

Quote:

Fire must burn units.

Sounds interesting, but how would it work? Elaborate.

Quote:

This won't be offensive for the Jewish community and may be taken as a complement for many jewish guys that like this games. I'M JEWISH SO I KNOW THAT.

a)The Isrealites were monotheists. Not only does that run against the game's theme, but you're going to have to think up another way of selecting a sub-civ, as other cultures do this by selecting a different deity.

b) No need to shout.

c) There may be others out there like you, but by no means do you speak for the entire Jewish community.

Quote:

Well here're some ideas for AoM and it's X-pack. I know it'll take too much for X-pack's release but these are good ideas.

Quote:

2. Add the Moeso Americans.

Yeah it's viable, that theme was already covered by The Conquerors, and somewhat out of the timeframe.

Quote:

3. Add the Mesopotamians.

Ditto.

Quote:

4. Add Chinese.

I've been thinking that too, but apparently the Chinese don't have a great deal of mythology. That came as a suprise, but that's what I've been told.

Quote:

5. Add Romans.

I think Real had this idea. The problem is Roman mythology and gods are basically Greek with the names changed.

Quote:

6. Add Hindus.

I think that's a little out of AoM's scope, plus that religon is still practiced today. Methinks there'd be a bit of a backlash from the Hindu community. What if we added Christianity, with Jesus being crucified to gain favor and disciples as MUs? I don't think it'd go down well.

Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 11:29 AM EDT (US)     32 / 45       
Socrates you're right I don't speak for the entire Jewish community, but look let's divide like this:

There will be people who will like the idea, mostly Jewish people which plays theses games.

And the Jewish community pays no attention to what happens in games unless it treats this:

1. Pro-Nazism.
2. Pro-Antisemitism.
3. Pro-Jewish conversion to other religions.
4. Making fun of Abraham, Yitzhak, Jaacob, Moses, and Moses's brother. (Don't remember name).

Maybe you can say adding them to the game could be making fun of them, well let's change the idea a bit.

Instead of adding religious characters like these holy peope, then only add kings and judges:

Heroes:

a) Kings- Saul, David, Solomon.
b) Judges- I only remember Samson, but there are more.

I gave an idea of Sub-Civilization division.

And I know it would be hard to add this culture but would be good idea.

Cyclops
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 11:46 AM EDT (US)     33 / 45       
Bernardo 1st of all Moses brother was Aaron, 2nd the Knigs Saul, David, and Solomon were all lookeed upon as holy men.
I like the idea, but it would be to complicated for ES to make the civ and Mu's and other minor Gods, and economy, and military.

You know what would be a good civ to add for the x pack would be the BABYLONIANS they were filled with many Gods and were an ancient civ with a great economy and army. Which were said to be the basis of Law, government, and etc. And they do have allot of history.

Whoever reads what I said above should disregard whatever I said, because I probably don't know what im talking about.
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 12:24 PM EDT (US)     34 / 45       
Well, at least we the Jewish dodn't consider our kings as holy men. I'll check for the Moses's brother's name, maybe you're right but I'm not sure.

I gave a very good idea of how Israelite Culture would be.

Cyclops
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 12:32 PM EDT (US)     35 / 45       
Bernardo, they do. David was consisdered favoured by God in battle and making Isreal. Solomon built the temple and was made wise by God, and Saul well i forget about him,

I hoped this helped though

Whoever reads what I said above should disregard whatever I said, because I probably don't know what im talking about.
izzy
Mortal
(id: Ballista_Turtle)
posted 03 April 2002 02:21 PM EDT (US)     36 / 45       

Quote:

If you're a sane human being (which I doubt you are), take a brake from your computer, because I think the electromagnetic waves from the monitor are making your brain functions like a pile of cow dung...

Funniest thing I've read for a while.

~Izzy|HG Angel |Since August 2000~
~INTL|HeavenGames~
<('.')>
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 03:03 PM EDT (US)     37 / 45       
I'M JEWISH, I KNOW WHAT WE THINK ABOUT OUR KINGS, WE DON'T CONSIDER THEM HOLY MEN, ONLY IMPORTANT BUT NOT HOLY.

SHEMA ISRAEL

Only want to put something about my country.

Cyclops
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 03:58 PM EDT (US)     38 / 45       
STOP YELLING AT ME, damn just take a breath buddy

Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 04:18 PM EDT (US)     39 / 45       
OK I'll Stop yelling at you.

I wanted to remark what I've been telling for long time.

Cyclops
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 04:20 PM EDT (US)     40 / 45       
OK im sorry then, but was I right about Moses's brother.

Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 04:39 PM EDT (US)     41 / 45       
Well, I think ES won't add Israelites, but I think my idea was good.
Cyclops
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 04:41 PM EDT (US)     42 / 45       
It was a good idea

Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 05:03 PM EDT (US)     43 / 45       
Even if it was the best idea for an Israelite culture they won't add it, they say it's too controversial- Which I don't think it would cause any controversy.

Well however thanks for support Cyclops.

XCrash_Fish
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 05:33 PM EDT (US)     44 / 45       
If you want to see Jews fighting Islamic people, Protestants fighting Catholics, Hindus fighting Islamic peoples, and Hutus fighting Tutsis, turn on the news... that is just my final opinion on all that.

Good idea, like everyone else said, but the world created a much more dangerous game about the samething.

Though I than He - may longer live
He longer must - than I -
For I have but the power to kill,
Without--the power to die--
The only reoccurence in every AoM games you lose, is you.
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 06:08 PM EDT (US)     45 / 45       
Well I would like Honcho tells me one siege weapon used byAztecs.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames