You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Scenario Editor Ideas
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Editor Ideas
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 08:56 PM EDT (US)         
I just thought of some things ES could possibly put into their scenario editor (if not already) that would be cool.

-A create a unit feature. It wouldn't have to be from scratch, just like picking from several different heads, bodies, weapons, etc.. would be cool

-A real-life map creator, such as having a large world map possibly and selecting a location (ex:click on greenland) and it would generate a map with terrain like that area would have

-A way to have a "library" of different stories that happened in history to implement onto a scenario so you could make the scenario but already have a script

-Some type of method to make certain settings and have a custom map type made (ex: tell it what starting resources, how much water/land, what type of terrain, etc... and save it as a map type to select, and it makes a random map with those things in mind)

Just a few ideas for scenario editor

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
AuthorReplies:
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 01 April 2002 09:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
nice ideas...doubt id use them tho...i like usin my own ideas

Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 10:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I meant like as ideas for ES to think about (you couldn't put that stuff in by yourself)

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 01 April 2002 10:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
The create unit idea would cause scenario designers around the world to go into ecstatic rejoicing, I think. It's probably impossible to have a change head/body/whatever, but if you could simply pick from the premade art that is attached to existing units, then allocate all the unit stats, it would be awesome.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is very practical, but it would be cool anyway. Way to get around it would be triggers that change unit stats - I do hope ES choose to let us change more name, HP, and attack.

Another interesting idea is in EE, custom units could also be set up so you could build them normally from a building. So if you created a custom unit, you could make it buildable too.

Real world maps: a little complex I think. But making real world maps should be easy enough and you can build off one's you've made yourself or those people will invariably put up for download.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Gagylpus
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 10:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
1- no duh, that would be cool
2- ummmm
3- no
4- whatever

Gagylpus
I don't have a signature. Signatures are for mortals. Or very insecure immortals like those freaking Greek gods.
XCrash_Fish
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 10:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
1)heck yea!

2)I like peopel to make their own maps, creativity is important

3)That keeps people from being creative and doing real research

4)Its called SimCity I think....

Though I than He - may longer live
He longer must - than I -
For I have but the power to kill,
Without--the power to die--
The only reoccurence in every AoM games you lose, is you.
Real
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 05:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
I'm completely for all of this ideas!

Also yet had idea No1 , but forgot to post it.

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Socrates
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 06:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       

Quote:

A create a unit feature. It wouldn't have to be from scratch, just like picking from several different heads, bodies, weapons, etc.. would be cool

Yes, yes it would. Very cool.

Quote:

-A real-life map creator, such as having a large world map possibly and selecting a location (ex:click on greenland) and it would generate a map with terrain like that area would have

That would require a lot of work, and would be a bit un-neccessary. Maybe with the 'paint realistic terrain' feature that Thunder talked about will let you select what kind of realistic terrain you want (snow/ice, desert, temperate, rainforest, and so on...)

Quote:

-A way to have a "library" of different stories that happened in history to implement onto a scenario so you could make the scenario but already have a script

Like the history feature? Hopefully ES will include an AoM version that has a few well known myth stories. Other than that, it's the scenario author's task to research.

Quote:

-Some type of method to make certain settings and have a custom map type made (ex: tell it what starting resources, how much water/land, what type of terrain, etc... and save it as a map type to select, and it makes a random map with those things in mind)

A bit of extra work, but it sounds good. Many people would love to make some RMS (myself included), but I don't have the time to spend coding and debuging the script. This could make it possible.

Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 03 April 2002 06:55 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
All good...but see at them Practically..

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames