You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.66 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Well another good suggestion for ES.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Well another good suggestion for ES.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:33 AM EDT (US)         
text DON'T MAKE X PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AuthorReplies:
AgeofMe
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 11:34 AM EDT (US)     61 / 66       
attempts to think before posting....

An X-pack for AoM would probably only have one culture, considering there are only 3 to begin with. Another thing is that with the extremely different cultures that they have already made, and that none of the cultures share units or they at least have different graphics, I think all your points are moot. AoK:TC didn't ruin the game for everybody, it added feutures that made the game even more fun to play. I will agree that the aztecs didn't look right with 2-handed swordsmen running around in full armour, but having the aztecs as a civ made the game more fun as a whole. anyway, not making an X-pack is not the answer, as all of the things that made AoC not as good as it could be are taken away with AoM's style.

You know that newbie you played who insisted
on Black Forest? Who dragged you out on a 6 hour
long game without once attacking?
Hi
Proud member of the FPH clan.
Proud Winner of Dare's first funny sig award.
Real
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 11:44 AM EDT (US)     62 / 66       
Yes, 'cause everything, really everything would be different!

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 12:01 PM EDT (US)     63 / 66       
Stormboy:
Making X-packs is first of all an economic decision: you have a successful game which millions of people bought, so you have a huge market in your hands.
It also keep the players busy with the game, so while the sequal comes, players won't totally forget about the previous game.
I don't think an x-pack slows down the development of the next game: I think most of the work on the x-pack is made by the designers, artists, scenario-builders and playtesters, while the work on sequal in an early stage is done mostly by the engine programmers. So it keeps the rest of the team busy .

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 12:33 PM EDT (US)     64 / 66       
Well let me say this:

Is logical ES will make X pack, why? Well, as many people here has been saying, if AoM's successful (impossible it won't be), they are going to launch the X pack.

I said these because I didn't know what could they add, but now Sandyman told me why can they add Chinese, Mesopotamian, and I know why they're going to add Meso American cultures.

Well, I gave my suggestion about the Israelite Culture but they say is too controversial, well, it could be difficult to add it anyway, single G-d and single MU.

Now I'm convinced X pack's not bad idea because I've been told the new aspects that could be added.

Sorry if I offended any one, or annoyed any one.

AgeofMe
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 07:50 PM EDT (US)     65 / 66       
Not offended, just don't agree with what you said.
Mainly the reason that the Isrealites would be controversial is that the game is called "Age of Mythology" and on the surface looks like there saying that Judaism is Mythical, or false. Ensemble has also said that they would not use any widely practiced current religion, which Judaism is.

Hope you like the forums,
AgeofMe.

You know that newbie you played who insisted
on Black Forest? Who dragged you out on a 6 hour
long game without once attacking?
Hi
Proud member of the FPH clan.
Proud Winner of Dare's first funny sig award.
XCrash_Fish
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 09:19 PM EDT (US)     66 / 66       
To make that point of AgeofMe a little more solid... I am writing a paper right now about the epic of Gilgamesh, and in it I am comparing the Bible and Gilgamesh. I started out trying to write about the Greeks and the Bible compared to Gilgamesh. The problem was A)It was too wide of a topic and B)It made it sound like I was calling the Bible an equal in truth to the other two mythologies. I didnt want to make the Bible seem inferior and "just another book" so I just compared Gilgamesh and the Bible, it makes the Bible more distinct from the others and seem more of a Holy book than a random belief.

Though I than He - may longer live
He longer must - than I -
For I have but the power to kill,
Without--the power to die--
The only reoccurence in every AoM games you lose, is you.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames