You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Like in Warlords: Battlecry 2?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Like in Warlords: Battlecry 2?
Elite War Master
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 02:51 AM EDT (US)         
Hi, it's been a while since I visited AOM's forums. I've been playing other game in order to get my mind off AOM
I have two questions on AoM since I have been away so long.

The first question concerns hereos in AoM. Are they going to gain levels and experience when you win a game and be able to use them in another game? Something like the Heroes work in Warlords Battlecry 2?
This feature is offered by WBC2 and although I haven't played the game yet it sounds quite nive and it adds a hure replay value in the game. Should ES follow this path also? What do you think?

AuthorReplies:
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 02:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       

Quote:

Are they going to gain levels and experience when you win a game and be able to use them in another game?

In multiplayer and random maps: surely not, and I don't see any reason why they should.
In the single-player campaign: we don't know, yet. I guess they won't.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Jus
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 03:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Hmm, this would be good in single player.
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 04 April 2002 03:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
In RM/multiplayer games, heroes are kinda like any other unit. (except maybe pharaohs, they're very unique) They are an anti-myth unit. They don't level up. Heroes behave much like any other unit, except they are generally fairly powerful.

We know that Arkantos, a hero, will be a main player in the big long single player campaign. He will bring some continuity to the story, but I'm not sure if he gets more powerful as the story progresses. That would be kinda neat.

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 04-04-2002 @ 03:27 AM).]

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 02:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Won't happen, shouldn't happen. The reason is that it's a much different type of game than Battlecry. While I liked it too I don't see why such elements would be a good idea to bring into every other RTS game.

If you want a little different kind of RTS game to take your mind off AoM while it's being done, try Kohan: Ahrimans Gift. It has some new ideas on how to handle certain aspects of the genre. Some of wich wouldn't work in AoM either.

Elite War Master
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 06:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I never tried Kohan. I didn't even download it's demo. Kohan didn't impress me much. The reason? Well it's the graphics. I can say that I repulse them. I prefer Battlecry's. At least the units are in scale with the buildings.

I know I shouldn't take graphics into such great consideration as gameplay is what really matters but you can't play a game if its graphics plain are bad. :\

Perphaps if Kohan Gold (Kohan+expansion) is released I will buy it for my RTS collection.

Btw the worst graphics by far are in HoMM4.

[This message has been edited by Elite War Master (edited 04-05-2002 @ 06:03 AM).]

Elite War Master
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 11:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I think that if ES could add this feature to AoM it will increase the game's replay value greatly. It will add an RPG part in the game. If heroes are just a simple unit I hope ES makes sure that when you make one it will be a advantageous investment.
boutitben
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 01:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       

Quote:

It will add an RPG part in the game.

Personally, I think they should just stick with keeping it as an RTS. They could probably make a whole 'nother game using different heroes to create some sort of RPG.

I think it would be best to just stick with one genre or the other.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames