You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » ES request for the scn editor
Bottom
Topic Subject:ES request for the scn editor
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 05:27 PM EDT (US)         
I always wanted this in the scn editor, that you could test the games as a other player like instead of player 1 you could test it has player 2. It would save a lot of time to make sure the trigger are working, I hope you will think of this ES. THX

0 0 0
1st place in Norse Mythology Quiz (BrandNewCar's)(the hardest one of the 3)
Owner of 3D Studio Max
Loyal to Ensemble Studios
I am Loki
U.S.A., AOM, ES, HG RULE!!!!
AuthorReplies:
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
so could you do this ES?

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki
Compa_Mighty
Mortal
posted 04 April 2002 07:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Very good idea.

Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AoM.
Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro to do The Hobbit!
Chichn Itz is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 04 April 2002 08:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
u could just switch the things around...i did that in Starcraft...it took time mayb ur idea is better

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 03:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
But generally any scenario that involves triggers only needs to be tested from player 1's perspective, because triggers are only really necessary for singleplayer scens...what is there you'd want to test for a computer player?

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
izzy
Mortal
(id: Ballista_Turtle)
posted 05 April 2002 03:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Multiplayer Scenarios.

~Izzy|HG Angel |Since August 2000~
~INTL|HeavenGames~
<('.')>
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 03:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Multiplayer scenarios don't generally have very complex triggers...they just repeat the same triggers the default player is using...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Questionaire
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 04:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
What is considered to be a complex trigger ?

What about a scenario I designed once!
NB: it was very stupid, but kinda sorta nice.

A Multiplayer scenario were all you could train were villes.
But there were about eight areas on the map were you could take to 'upgrade' them. (these were cliffed on both sides, like the Guantlet from gladiators).

A wolf would spawn for each ville, when the wolf was killed, the ville gained prestige and became an eagle warrior.

Then there were four more areas, two for changing the eagle warriors into Plumed archers (for killing something else[think it was crocodile], and two to change them into jaguar warriors (for killing that Hero Wolf in The first Genghis Khan scn)

Im' Here & there & everywhere...

[This message has been edited by Captain_Aneurism (edited 13-13-1645 @ 00:88 RZ)]
[This message has been edited by No one in particular (edited 19-19-3152@ 25:61 MP)]
[This message has been edited by a bored invidual (edited 00-00-566 BC @ 11:11 LX)]
izzy
Mortal
(id: Ballista_Turtle)
posted 05 April 2002 04:12 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Well, if you look at King of Turrets by the Vampire Slayer, there are over 1000 triggers in that map.

They are really complex, in my opinion.

He's not even done!

~Izzy|HG Angel |Since August 2000~
~INTL|HeavenGames~
<('.')>
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 09:13 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
not all trigger are repeated in multi player scn. It would be much better if you could test it as a other player.
And they are not simple. It is easy to make a mistake when repeating the triggers. I have done it where the triggers would work for one player but not for the other.

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki
william_chen_
Mortal
posted 05 April 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Scenario Editor wish-list for ES:

• Trigger chapters (folders) - have folders that can be expanded/collapsed so that they would make organizing triggers easier.

• The ability to move triggers - in AOK, when rearranging triggers, they can be moved just one-by-one. It was *very* slow and inefficient. What I suggest is that the triggers in AOM should be able to be selected in larger number and moving them can be done by dragging, which would be much easier than by repeatedly pressing a button as in AOK.

• Undo move and "History" - in almost any photo editor program, there is the Undo action (Cntrl+Z); I think it would be absolutely be useful for AOM's scenario editor. In addition, advanced Photo editor programs such as Adobe Photoshops has the "History" tool that allows the editor to undo a series of moves or Re-do the moves. I really hope AOM's editor will have this powerful option!

• Adobe Photoshop and it's powerful tools - there are many, many more tools/options/features/etc. in the Adobe Photoshop that can be look at and incorporate into AOM's scenario editor. One thing I can think of right at this instance is the hide layers option in Adobe that allows the editor to view *only* the layers he/she wishes to see.

In AOM, hidding layers such as buildings or units would greatly help the designer to work on the terrains underneath those buildings/units with ease.

- Bill

• You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames