You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Question to ES concerning the Scenario Editor's cinematic capabilities
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question to ES concerning the Scenario Editor's cinematic capabilities
Gluteus Maximus
Mortal
posted 13 May 2002 11:45 PM EDT (US)         
Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked before, so please excuse me if it has been . Anyway, here is my question:

is it possible for battles (controlled by triggers) to take place while the game is in cinematic mode?

The reason that I asked this is because I heard that Empire Earth's cinematic sequences do not allow battles to take place, which - in my opinion - is its biggest weakness.

I'm very excited about AoM's Scenario Editor, especially about its ability to have cinematic sequences, but I'm very concern about the limitation as mentioned above. I hope ES Deathshrimp can help clarify this.

Thank you in advance,

Maximus

AuthorReplies:
throbin
Mortal
posted 13 May 2002 11:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
From what I've heard, cinematics are only a replacement for objectives in AOM campaigns so I don't know how battles could work during cinematic sequences. You can zoom in using the game camera though.

***Throbin, pharoah of egypt***
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 14 May 2002 00:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
Battles during cinematics would definitely be cool. Maybe we'll get an answer on that from E3.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 14 May 2002 00:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
I'm not quite clear by what you mean...do you mean, battles going on while cins are playing, or a battle in the cin???

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
Gluteus Maximus
Mortal
posted 14 May 2002 01:02 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
I was referring to battles in general, such that you can see units fighting one another while the game is in a cinematic mode.

- Maximus

c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 14 May 2002 01:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
so like u watch a cin and in a little pic in pic u c a battle goin on? i dont get what ur sayin

Gluteus Maximus
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 10:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
[tops for Mr. DeathShrimp ]
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 02:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
yes. in one of the EE campaigns you see in cinematic sequence armies lining up, but when battle starts you're back in normal mode. If you wanted to you could always zoom in though...

But EE does allow battles in cinematic sequences, once when I made a EE scenario I did something wrong and positioned units began fighting when they were supposed to be frozen, all in cinematic. Also I had a cinematic sequence of German bombers (all named stukas) bombing a city.

Battles in cinematic sequences should be available, I don't see why not as it's just the same as cinematiking (?) other events in the game.

kyleofthegermans
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 12:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
It'll probably be something like EE's where its the in game engine with set cinematics...
1ArCHeR1
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 04:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
It's not that you can't have battles, it's just that they're pointless. While in cin mode, units don't take any damage.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
AmericanaThorFez
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 06:40 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
NO! you are all wrong! AoM's scen ed will be NOTHING like EE cuz EE sux and AoM is the best game ever!

(>" )>Proud Templar of the Flying Purple Hippo Clan! <("< )
::: FPH_Martin'sAward for the funniest lyrics:::
I ated the purple berries!They taste like buuuurning!~Ralph Wiggum~(8^(*)~Homer Simpson
"The sun?? Oh no! That's the hottest place on earth!"~Homer Simpson.
I came here to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!
who_da_man12
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 08:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
Ai-men to thor!!!!!god i ahte EE's scenario editor, lord i tried on it once, i was gonna make a scenario anmed "the underground affairs" and i was completely discouraged by the editor...i had a great storyline...it was about a machine being released in the black market that would help soldiers higen their cardiac level and fight stronger, and the russians get ahold of it and u gotta get it back before it becomes a threat to america.but ill never make it !!!because of EE's stupid stupid stupid editor.maybe someone who can get around in that mess can adopt the idea....

*sees how topics get off topic so quickly* lol

Da Man is BACK!!!
I have my own little world, they know me there
Its not that im Anti-Social... i just dont like YOU!
I SEE DUMB PEOPLE!!!!!!
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 16 May 2002 08:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       

Quoted from AmericanaThorFez:

AoM is the best game ever!

u cant say that until uve played it and every other game in the world

Bling_Blinkk
Banned
posted 16 May 2002 09:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
how do i say this nicely...

Its not that the editor sucks, its that you cant use it. You can do some preety amazing sutff with that editor, like Street Dreams for instance.

I hate watching all these people saying how AOM is so great and stuff, the turth of the matter is it isnt.

I renember how we would compare EE to AOK and stuff, saying EE is awasome and stuff. You guys are doing the exact same thing, you have no right saying AOM is better, cauze its not out yet. No matter how hard you argue to it, your wrong. Easy as that, you have no right to say AOM is the best, no matter what you say.

Those graphics, if you have a great graphics card, they wont be avaliable to you. So i suggest you all just stop saying that AOM is goanan be the best ever. No matter how hard you argue, i would like to stress again: YOU ARE ****ING WRONG!

XCrash_Fish
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 09:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
Other than all the flaming, i agree with Bling on this. I have made some pretty decent scenarios with EE, things I could never accomplish with AOK. I sure wish AOM could make an editor that is similar to EE's *cough*steal EE's editor!*cough*

EDIT:Oh and for a quick EE scenario tutorial, you can have battles but people dont die, so you have to have them killed by setting it in a trigger, sometimes it will look stupid, but it is definitely helpful.

Though I than He - may longer live
He longer must - than I -
For I have but the power to kill,
Without--the power to die--
The only reoccurence in every AoM games you lose, is you.

[This message has been edited by XCrash_Fish (edited 05-16-2002 @ 09:19 PM).]

ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 17 May 2002 11:11 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
You can do anything in a cinematic. The only difference between cinematics and scenarios is that in cinematics the player can't issue any commands or move the camera. A cinematic is a type of scenario (or a part of a scenario).
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 17 May 2002 11:17 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Hurray!! * raises beer can * [sure it's no glass but it'll do ]

No more of the EE no fights in cinematics.. * breathes a sigh of relief *

Gluteus Maximus
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 03:00 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
Thou art most gracious for clearing this up and for putting my unsettling concern to a swift end, O' mighty DeathShrimp .

I am most grateful

- Maximus

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 04:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
Thats really cool.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 04:18 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
Thats grand DS. *Jumps with joy*
SirLANcelot
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 05:44 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
Sound great!!!

If in a Cinematic, one cannot move the camera - can he when playing? Will there be a zoom function?

- LANce

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames