You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » As is known, no single GP is the end all, however...
Bottom
Topic Subject:As is known, no single GP is the end all, however...
fhertlein
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 09:41 AM EDT (US)         
I just re-watched the Tornado video and it sure does pack a wallup.

It does make me wonder when all is said and done, which GP will I enjoy playing with the most?

"The devil and the priest can't exist if one goes away, its just like the battle of the sun and moon, night and day. The force of the devil is what we are told to fear. Watch out for religion when he gets too near."
"Living in a world of fantasy, I can hide behind what's real."
"Behind a smile, there's danger and a promise to be told, you'll never get old. Life's fantasy, to be locked away and still to think you're free! So live for today, tomorrow never comes. Die young."
AuthorReplies:
hydarnes
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 09:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
I guess we'll just have to wait and find out which we prefer to employ!
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 15 May 2002 09:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
me wait

jduderocks
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 04:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
I recon I'll like the curse, Lightning storm or meteor shower
Ian Gilbert
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 08:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
Curse by far for me... It would be so embarrasing in a multyplayer game for the enemy!

Quoted from TSD in reference to the suggestion of infinite farms: "It's the econ stupid! Taking out the attention and skill element in building an econ is demolishing half the game!"
Winner of the "Craziest Forumer Award" Jan. 2003
"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!" - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President on the concept of a manned mission to Mars
Discoverer of the "Invisible Leviathon" Bug
Steel_Cat
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 08:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
What could possibly be more embarrasing than reducing your enemy's town to ruins with a little ground shake?

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 08:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Hell, Meteor Shower

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
Zlaz
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 09:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
Curse! Imagine turning an enemy army into pigs and then eating them.
AmericanaThorFez
Mortal
posted 15 May 2002 10:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
Curse would be the ultimate shutdown...like for example...
*doodoodoodaloo~freaky dream sequence*
Deathmatch 4 player. The 4 players are on 2 teams, split even. your allie and your enemie's ally both destroyed each other, with a little help from you, of course. Now its just you and the other player, a Norse Thor worshipper, and with both of you in the 4th age with only one more GP. He's been saving his Ragnarok GP for a rainy day, and his army has been depleted. All that remains now are a whole bunch of villies and dwarves.Although you're worshipping Poseidon, you're not in such good shape, either. All that remains is a few Siege Towers, some hippikons, and Hippolyta. It's getting late, so you decide to take him out once and for all. You know where he is, and trek across the continent to siege him. He has a few towers, but they are easily overtaken by your mighty siege towers. You see all of his villies and dwarves happily going about their daily lives, oblivious to the fact that they were about to get hammered. They suddenly stop. Something weird is happening. Suddenly you realize that yer enemy has whipped out his last GP: Ragnarok. His new Hersir charge forward to meet their foes, but they dont go far, because u didnt forget about YOUR last GP: Curse! You click the button and *pop!* His Hersir are now piggies, and his base has no opposition. You get about 40 new piggies, and he dies!
*end of freaky dream sequency*
Wow. I have a lot of time on my hands.
edit: this would also work on eggies with the ancestors gp.

(>" )>Proud Templar of the Flying Purple Hippo Clan! <("< )
::: FPH_Martin'sAward for the funniest lyrics:::
I ated the purple berries!They taste like buuuurning!~Ralph Wiggum~(8^(*)~Homer Simpson
"The sun?? Oh no! That's the hottest place on earth!"~Homer Simpson.
I came here to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!

[This message has been edited by AmericanaThorFez (edited 05-15-2002 @ 10:06 PM).]

c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 16 May 2002 00:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17       

Quoted from AmericanaThorFez:

*doodoodoodaloo~freaky dream sequence*

*end of freaky dream sequency*
Wow. I have a lot of time on my hands.

yes u do

throbin
Mortal
posted 16 May 2002 02:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Frankly I dislike curse immensley. It is not the kind of GP that belongs in AOM, it is too much like magic and is rather ridiculous anyway.

Who could not love that meteor shower, not to mention walking woods, tornado and locust swarm but the one I am really looking forward to playing with is Heimdall's Bifrost(rainbow bridge)!

***Throbin, pharoah of egypt***
ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 17 May 2002 02:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       

Quote:

Frankly I dislike curse immensley. It is not the kind of GP that belongs in AOM, it is too much like magic and is rather ridiculous anyway.

One word: Circe.

Jus
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 02:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
Hehe, imagine a huge multiplayer game with 16 players. In a huge battle, all of team A marches on team b's army. Poof, all 8 of them cast curse.
WhoAskedU
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 03:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
Jus

Then again, that would mean they would have to all be one culture, and most likely (unless the god who gets the gp is not a unique god) be the same Major god...WHICH would put them at a huge disadvantage from the other team. the other team can easily build one unit to counter all of that team, since it has the same stengths and weaknesses...

STUPID IDEA!

At my signal unleash HELL.
God Bless America, Land of the Free!!!
•••winner of "2002 AoM Forum's Coolest Name Award"•••
•••••••Another Fabulous Post by WhoAskedU!!•••••••
People just complain about other people's Signatures because
they aren't smart enough to make their own.
Cyclops
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 03:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
I like the walking woods GP. Say your playing in a blackforest and your enemy feels very safe because its surrounded by large woods. Then You cast the GP and all you see is some trees destroy your enemies town,(A vegetarians dream) j/k

Whoever reads what I said above should disregard whatever I said, because I probably don't know what im talking about.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 04:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
even tho circe was like a magicioniss(sp), theres still that magic thing, which some may feel takes away fgrom the over all, my military is going to own yours by killing them, instead, its going to be, i turned your entire army into pigs, i didn't fight at all.

Well pooo. Thats not as fun as watching them kill each other.

Not that i don't like the GP.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 09:26 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
well, its a gp, not a regular thing, so we can live with it

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 10:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
well, theres a different feel to it, a different style.

instead of military might and the manuvering of military might and such being the way to win backed up with a good economy, it may turn out to be "when can i find a time when this dude is attacking me with a huge army so i can turn them all into pigs. This will of course would tick the dude off. But what would hurt ever more is the fact that he didn't even lose because of military strenght, but because of just hard luck.

I don't know how the reactions might take to this. But i say stick with actual military units winning a game, and less GP winning a game.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames