You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » team play rules even more so than before?
Bottom
Topic Subject:team play rules even more so than before?
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 17 May 2002 11:12 AM EDT (US)         
I was just thinking with the recent lack of houses you can't get past a certain population amount, my first guess is 100, so 1v1 someone with the settlements would win.. due to a higher population limit over.

So teamplay would need to be used more to claim the settlement in say one vital region of the map.

AuthorReplies:
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 17 May 2002 05:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
not necessarily...it depends on the player and what civ he is and stuff

Steel_Cat
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 09:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
1 on 1, the Norse will be the scariest. They would expand so fast that by the time you built an army of Greek or Egyptians to combat them, they allready have all of the settlements and a huge slew of little dudes! Granted, the late-game shifts power back to the other two civs, but if I were playing Norse, I would try to end the game in haste.

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 09:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
expanding doesn't mean you are going to win. This isn't Civ3 here.

Lets say a Norse Player expands like hell and takes 80% of all the settlements in the first part of the game. During this time an Egyptian player has been working on his economy and some defense. Who has a stronger econ? The Egyptian. There is no way in hell the Norse dude has been able to use half of his settlements, hes been allocating all his resources towards building TCs and military. So then Mr. Egyptian takes his now awesom economy and pumps it into his military. Mr. Norse man is screwed because Norse buildings are weak, and all his settlements will come crashing down, and his military will begin to die. He'll have to make more, but his econ is just too weak.

It all depends on second guessing your enemy and mangagement. The Norse take a risk that they can take the other dude out early. The Egyptian is hoping he can defend the Norse enough in the biggening that he can overcome him in the end.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 11:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Ok, here, Norse buildings are not, INCREDIBLY weak, just slightly weaker than the buildings of the Greek and Eggys. Now, a smart Norse player would not expand of course, but try and destroy his disadvantage by keeping buildings together and making big citys. They might be good at forward building, but I think the Norse, in the beginning will not spread out much, they just can't afford it. After awhile, they can swarm bases everywhere and pump out men. I think the Norse will be the exact opposite of what you are thinking of them, but will be much better late game players than early. Although they would still have early age advantages.

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...

[This message has been edited by Stone Minotaur (edited 05-17-2002 @ 11:32 PM).]

SlicK NicK
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 06:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       

Quote:

1 on 1, the Norse will be the scariest. They would expand so fast that by the time you built an army of Greek or Egyptians to combat them, they allready have all of the settlements and a huge slew of little dudes! Granted, the late-game shifts power back to the other two civs, but if I were playing Norse, I would try to end the game in haste.

but then the greek and egyptian player can build a stronger army

sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer

Don't assume, it leads to assumptions

Jus
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 06:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I think the pop limit will essentially be the same. The difference is that some myth units will take more than 1 pop so we won't have say 200units in the game.
Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 11:44 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The Norse won't be the scariest. In fact, I honestly think that the Norse will be the slowest to getting settlements. Why? Cuz the Greeks have the Kataskopos scout, which is the top known scouting unit (Pegasus and others notwithstanding), and the Eggys have a Priest, which, although slow, can still perform early game scouting and perhaps grab a few relics for u until u can create your own scouts. All the Norse have is an Ulfsark to start, and he'll be busy putting down houses and other buildings. However, once the Norse set up shop, it does seem like they can be absolutely viral, moving from one place to another with ease.

And Slick Nick, the Greeks for example may have stronger troops, but past Age games has dictated quantity over quality. If quality over quantity was the case, then no one would play Goths, which I guarantee is not the situation. I get the feeling the same will hold true for AoM.

29th Greatest AoMH Forumer ever, former (and proud) FPH Templar
Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
Winner of AgeofMe's "The Site Jerk" title (and I do have an idea why )
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus
Official Mascot of the Age of Mythology Heaven forums!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames