You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Units self heal
Bottom
Topic Subject:Units self heal
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 05:41 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, like those berserkers in AOK.
Lets let all units self heal, But really slowly.

Good, Bad???

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
AuthorReplies:
dragons89
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 05:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
All units?

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 05:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
yeah

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Jotun
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 05:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Don't the egyptian priests and pharoah have the ability to heal.

If that's so, then I think self-healing units would create some balance problems.

They sended us away to theez big buldeengs all dey And fur wut They sez that it is so we can get taughted I says Iv lernd enuf
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 17 May 2002 06:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
nah game would go to long probably

Yamato
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 07:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Problems with self-healing:
-in real life, if your armor is damaged it doesn't self-heal
-serious injuries in real life (and I would consider losing 75% of your hit points to be representative of serious injuries) require medical attention... in modern day that might be a cast or drugs or something. Back in the day more likely these injuries became permanent. On that level it makes sense to me for units to not self-heal.
-anything AoM can do to discourage people from doing hit and run fighting and drag out the game is probably a good thing.

Good things about self-healing:
-in some cases, it does make sense for a person/animal to heal over time
-other games have done it with some success, even having self-healing depend on the unit... typically healing fully takes a long time which is good.

H, C, C, H, C, C, H, C, C, H, C, C
Steel_Cat
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 08:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I don't hink self-healing would make the game unbalanced: the priests and pharoah could simply heal other units REALLY fast. Unfortunetly, I'll have to say I don't think it would be that great-due to the long game times. With the game being geared more towards smaller skirmishes, self-healing units would be utterly useless.

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 17 May 2002 09:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
This was like my idea at FPH DD.....anyways, heres how my idea went, Norse, maybe Greek heros could self heal, i think it is more likely for the Heirsir

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 03:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I imagine that at least a few mythical units have some kind of regeneration. But to have all units regenerate automatically might end up using a bit of processing power without adding a lot to the gameplay. Because it would have to be much slower than the regeneration of an AoK berserker there's a chance it won't matter that much in the end anyway. Possibly we can just put units into or near some structure to heal.

It's more fun to have regeneration as a special bonus too, isn't it?.

SlicK NicK
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 04:25 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
imho the aok berserks' healing bonus was pretty un-noticable.

sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer

Don't assume, it leads to assumptions

Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 11:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
There actually is a debate going on @ FPH about this topic, but it deals specifically with the Hersir.

Personally, I think that the only units that one can create that should have self-healing are the Greek Heroes, cuz u can only have four of them at a time (five if you're Poseidon). The "Heroes" from like the scen editor don't count.

29th Greatest AoMH Forumer ever, former (and proud) FPH Templar
Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
Winner of AgeofMe's "The Site Jerk" title (and I do have an idea why )
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus
Official Mascot of the Age of Mythology Heaven forums!
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 11:41 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Self-healing sounds good. Regular units heal very very slow. MUs have a slow heal rate. Heros have a medium healing rate. Like said, priests will simply heal faster for Egyptians. Possibly a tech that could support this? Like for instance, a medicine type of tech? Dunno,

[This message has been edited by Imperialarc (edited 05-18-2002 @ 11:42 AM).]

Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 18 May 2002 11:44 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
I was thinking something universal like something like "Heavenly Regeneration" and it could be a last age tech that everyone gets for their heros, or mus or whatever. But I bet it does have numerous flaws....oh and Berserker regeneration, not being noticed!!!!Dude! If you are fighting with Berserkers, they gain hp at the same time as losing it, so they have to be taken by like 3 guys. I would think that is noticeable

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames