You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » PC Games(germany), good News for Eggy Fans!
Bottom
Topic Subject:PC Games(germany), good News for Eggy Fans!
The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 22 May 2002 01:04 PM EDT (US)         
I just bought the newest issue of the German magazine PC Games, and there were some cool things i wanted to share with you

I did all the translation

"Such monuments(Eggy) has a certain radius were godpowers can't be used."

"A special Option(GP?) Transforms the Monuments(Eggy) into Gigantic Statues that Fire with Bow and Arrow."

(WOW!!!)

"The Nemean Lion uses his Scream to Magicly give life to Trees, That then Fight along Your side."

COOL!!!

That was the best i could find, not a big Preview but a great one

AuthorReplies:
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 01:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       

Quote:

A special Option(GP?) Transforms the Monuments(Eggy) into Gigantic Statues that Fire with Bow and Arrow

That, is just damn cool

Stone_Giant

Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 01:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Actually, that was an idea that Newbie proposed a while back

All very cool stuff!

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
Jus
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 02:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
"The Nemean Lion uses his Scream to Magicly give life to Trees, That then Fight along Your side."

I thought that was a god power?

Confused_Templar
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       

Quote:

Such monuments(Eggy) has a certain radius were godpowers can't be used.

This leads me to believe that strategic placement of monuments will be good for an Eggy player... Place one next to your TC, one by your main fortress, one by your granary, the list goes on. It would be kinda hard to Curse a defending army standing in the shadow of a Pyramid...

Quote:

A special Option(GP?) Transforms the Monuments(Eggy) into Gigantic Statues that Fire with Bow and Arrow.

This is my favorite one. This could be the Eggy super-tower...Can you imagine it? Team Islands map. A group of ulfsarks come across an Egyptian forward town on their island, quickly dispatch a group of hippokons sent by the Eggy's Greek ally, then move toward a line of four seated statues, like the ones in front of Ramses' temple... as they move to take them down, the statues come to life and riddle the ulfsarks with arrows... **drools** EDIT: Now, how does one create one of these statues? Is it dynamic, like the Creep Colonies of Starcraft? (For those who are lucky enough to not know the horrors of Creep Colonies, these simple buildings could be transformed into an anti-aircraft Spore Colony or an anti-ground Sunken Colony at any time for the cost of a few extra resources.) Will these monuments continue to gain favor? Maybe at a reduced rate?

Egyptians were already my fav civ, now these features are just icing on the cake.

(Sorry about the above...)

[This message has been edited by Confused_Templar (edited 05-22-2002 @ 03:50 PM).]

Stormboy
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 04:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
The Egyptian monument GP reminds me a bit of the Norse Ragnarok GP. Both sacrifice a large part of their econ in a sort of last ditch defense. Those statues must pack quite a punch then, if you need to sacrifice your entire favor production to get them.
Immhotep
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 05:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
"Such monuments(Eggy) has a certain radius were godpowers can't be used."

I hope in the scenario editor, there won't be this limitation, cause it would be really cool to see GP blast the pyramid to pieces

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 05:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
GREAT FIND!!!

Quote:

All very cool stuff!

Yea that describes it!

Can the statues transform back? Hmmmm...

And the nemean lion makes trees attack... OK what happens in a BF? Builld a fenris wolf send him running around and you have 9038503458034958 trees on your side... Hmmmm, I guess there is a limit?

-Vladimir87

[This message has been edited by vladimir87 (edited 05-22-2002 @ 05:37 PM).]

Gamer man
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
i think that will be like the head butt except insted of sending a unit flying, it turns one of two trees in to units for you

Moooers are remembered, chirpers never die, splashers are invincable

1ArCHeR1
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 07:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
maybe the statue thing is an option, like a button you press when one is selected. You would stop gaining favor from it, but you would gain a very powerful tower.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
jduderocks
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 08:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       

Why would you have to lose gaining favor
This is really good news for eggy fans
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 22 May 2002 08:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
good findins The Fenris Wolf

Stormboy
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 05:26 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
jduderocks, I assumed (should have known better by now) that the transformation was a one-way process, like with the Ragnarok GP. But as Vladimir suggested, maybe the statues turn back to monuments after a certain time. I wonder if they stay in the same place, or if you can move them about.
Very interesting stuff indeed.
1ArCHeR1
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:01 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
The reason they would stop gaining power would be to balance it out. It would be too powerfull to have a tower gain favor.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
KatanaSwordfish
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 00:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
I thought they said that the Nemean Lion was going to be a greek MU??

Like in that new screen...

How is that good news for Eggys?

The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 24 May 2002 09:14 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
Katana.

I just thought that the part about Eggy buildings were much important, ofcourse the nemy lion is greek, that's good ne3ws for Greek player's

Moony
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 09:22 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       

Quote:

Those statues must pack quite a punch then, if you need to sacrifice your entire favor production to get them.

You won't need to sacrifice your entire favor production necessarily. I assume the Pyramid (if you've built one) doesn't come to life.

My sig version 2.3!
Recipient of the Age of Mythology Multiplayer Test
Templar of FPH Clan
Devotee to the Norse
Uber-atheist
Obsessive compulsive perfectionist

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames