You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Small temple still in game
Bottom
Topic Subject:Small temple still in game
David
HG Alumnus
posted 22 May 2002 01:18 PM EDT (US)         
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/screens/0,10865,2867198,00.html?page=17

On this picture we can see the small greek temple again. Even though we still don't know what they do, it now looks like they aren't cut after all, as opposed to what the wellspread rumours has been saying.

AuthorReplies:
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 01:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
There are quite a lot of things we haven't seen in a while that showed up again For example, that odd-looking green sea monster has returned. then and now. Also the Egyptian pike soldiers has rematerialized. Um, any others? (Still no sign of the deermen.)

Also we see extreme animal differentiation. I mean, really: male and female deer? Two different kind of reindeer? (At least) three different colors of cows? Plus musk oxen, polar bears, and sheep (all never before seen).

I guess ES really milked that zoo visit for all it was worth

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
David
HG Alumnus
posted 22 May 2002 01:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Cool, I missed the seamonser.

And on that same SS, the turtle is egyptian again....

HalfAwake
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 01:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
There's got to be somplace to store relics. I thought that's what the AoM temples do now.

Hey, the mystery building appears twice in that shot.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 22 May 2002 01:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Yes, storing relics is what we have the larger temples for...well, at elast that's what was thought before.
Dagobert
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 05:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
The tornado that is forming is also nice.

Concerning the little temple, I tought (and still think) that villagers can pray there to get favor. But relics have to be stored in large temple as well as myth techs are researched in large temples. As temple might be expensive for the first age, a greek player might just build one of this cheaper small temple to start gathering favor early. In addition, if really cheap, you can have many of these in various locations so that you have many options when you decide to send villagers to gather favor.

I have no idea if you gather favor as fast at those small temples?? By the way, I believe thay are called sanctuary and not temple.

la guerre comme la guerre
Chris654
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Hmm War ships shoot arows, not rocks
Zlaz
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 10:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
On the screenshot with the turtles, the turtle near the bottom shore seems to be attacking a ship. Maybe it is just under it, but I think its attacking.

That seamonster brings back the good old days. That was the first screenshot I saw. At that point I thought it was going to be an rpg. Shows how much I knew.

Kong_KK
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 11:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Maybe the big temples we see can only be made once. Like that's the main temple for that god, and then those smaller ones can be used to collect favor in other places. Just a thought...

Unless...

=KK-Kong=

Nothing exists except atoms and empty space - all else is just opinion.
"The only thing uncomprehensible about the universe is that it's comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 11:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
I think the original purpose of the shrine/small temple thing was to allow villagers to gather favor and perform none of the functions of the regular temple....I still have my doubts as to whether it's in, because the art doesn't seem to have changed along with the rest of the Greek art set, so perhaps someone has merely stuck it in despite the fact it's not a tech tree element anymore....

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Gagylpus
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 10:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
I think you may store relics and pray at the little temple (shrine) but it cannot build or research.
But there is that mystery resource building again. Jeez, ES give us a break and tell us already!

Gagylpus
I don't have a signature. Signatures are for mortals. Or very insecure immortals like those freaking Greek gods.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames