You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.32 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Silver Colossus?!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Silver Colossus?!
WhoAskedU
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:26 PM EDT (US)         
As you can see in this Screenshot, there are two colossuses...except they are SILVER! in many, many, more screenshots before this (in fact, this is the first screenshot we have seen it NOT gold) we see the colossus as being gold. This is what i think:

The Gold Colossus is an upgraded form of the Silver Colossus (like the Elite Huskarl and the Huskarl in Age of Kings).

What do you think?

At my signal unleash HELL.
God Bless America, Land of the Free!!!
winner of "2002 AoM Forum's Coolest Name Award"
Another Fabulous Post by WhoAskedU!!
People just complain about other people's Signatures because
they aren't smart enough to make their own.
AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 32       
I would think the silver one would be the upgrade... Since the 'gold' would be bronze and the 'silver' steel...steel being stronger.

Also perhaps something to do with upgrades. The Greek armory upgrades we know are Copper Mail, Bronze Mail and Iron Mail. I would have thought regular armory upgrades wouldn't affect MU's, but perhaps they do. I doubt it though.

(The screen appeared in the Poseidon showcase, incidentally.)

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 05-22-2002 @ 06:34 PM).]

Chris654
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 32       
Hmm That is a good question...
Moony
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 32       
I assume MUs have their own comparable set of upgrades.

My sig version 2.3!
Recipient of the Age of Mythology Multiplayer Test
Templar of FPH Clan
Devotee to the Norse
Uber-atheist
Obsessive compulsive perfectionist

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 32       
Erm, I think they are just new art but I dunno.
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 06:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 32       

Quote:

I assume MUs have their own comparable set of upgrades.

You only get four MU's in a game, which are all really varied, there isn't enough to justify giving them a universal set of MU upgrades...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Moony
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 07:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 32       
Mabye MUs are affected by regular upgrades then.

My sig version 2.3!
Recipient of the Age of Mythology Multiplayer Test
Templar of FPH Clan
Devotee to the Norse
Uber-atheist
Obsessive compulsive perfectionist

Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 07:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 32       
Well we alreay know that there are mythological improvements that change the look of the MUs. For example, the Hamarrtroll MI gives the trolls another head in addition to upgrading their stats. Also we know there are MIs to upgrade the stats (and names) of the Centaurs and Medus (maybe it will upgrade their looks as well?)

One thing I disliked about the original Age series was how the "Heavy" looked just like the regular in AoE and the "Elite" looked just like the regular in AoK. If they are making the MUs look a little differently when upgraded it will make them more easily distinguishable at a glance. That was the whole philosophy behind making armor and weapon upgrades visible.

I remember somebody on this forum asking (not too long ago) whether the Hamarrtrolls would actually have two visible heads. Deathshrimp's reply was something like "If you couldn't see them, what fun would that be?"

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
Zlaz
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 10:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 32       
I don't think the silver is new art because there is another with the bronze art in the same set.
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 22 May 2002 10:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 32       
mays it an enemy or ally

KatanaSwordfish
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 10:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 32       
I agree with shadow, must be an armor upgrade...

also...

Regarding the newest screens(possibly from E3), anyone else think that in the screenshot with the bunch of villagers, the namean lions, and the hypapysts or phalanx with the odd shields, might have been a Hades shot?

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 10:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 32       
perhaps it is the armor upgrade.

it could be an upgrade, but do we know for sure that MU's upgrade to an elite form?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 11:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 32       
Zlaz, just because they are in the same set does not mean they were made at different times. The one with the bronze was from March...as for the silver, dunno but I think I seen it before as well.

It could be a visual upgrade but if it were then this would be the first I seen for MUs. (other then MU heros)

[This message has been edited by Imperialarc (edited 05-22-2002 @ 11:03 PM).]

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 11:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 32       

Quote:

it could be an upgrade, but do we know for sure that MU's upgrade to an elite form?

Not necessarily elite form, just upgrades. Trolls upgrade to Hamarrtrolls and Medusae upgrade to Medusa Matriachs, so there's no reason why a Collosus shouldn't upgrade.

TheShdwDwn
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 11:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 32       
oh, well, it could be a unit upgrade as well.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 22 May 2002 11:32 PM EDT (US)     15 / 32       
oh yes TSD. Almost completely forgot about that...
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 00:00 AM EDT (US)     16 / 32       
Well I see that no one listens to my ideas until the big red guys repeats them

*sulks in the corner*

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 00:03 AM EDT (US)     17 / 32       
Damn Clar, Way to go!
You are good!

*bows to Clar*

NO sarcasm!
really, you were right all along

i'm sorry.
TSD can just like, ban me.

[This message has been edited by deadlydentures (edited 05-23-2002 @ 00:04 AM).]

David
HG Alumnus
posted 23 May 2002 03:47 AM EDT (US)     18 / 32       
Or it could just be that they normally look like this, and all other SS's has been using the bronze GP on them.

Yeah, I know that isn't very high chance of, but It's still a possibility...

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 09:05 AM EDT (US)     19 / 32       
I don't think it's a new art, we've seen a bronze one in the new screenshots as well.
Personally, I think the Bronze colossos looks way better than the steel one.

Maybe it's a special upgrade the diety has, just like the diety with the troll has a special upgrade for him (3 heads)...

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 09:13 AM EDT (US)     20 / 32       
I would think its an upgrade

Stone_Giant

Dagobert
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 09:23 AM EDT (US)     21 / 32       
Those upgrades of myth units are in fact mythological techs. Each minor god brings 3 myth techs (or so) and some of them affect regular units and others affect myth units.

I'm not sure if some of those techs affect both type of units, may be some of them do but they are probably the exception rather than the rule.

I think that at least one of the minor god techs affect both type of units, but I don't remember which and I'm too lazy to go and read all over again all the relevant stuff...

la guerre comme la guerre
Dagobert
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 09:43 AM EDT (US)     22 / 32       
I'm not so lazy after all : here is one tech that affects both type of units and another one that affects probably all units as well:

Trierarch (Artemis) : improve triremes and Argo

Bacchanalia (Dyonisos) : give more hit points to all units (the say all units, I suppose it means Myth and regular, but it is not precised)

la guerre comme la guerre
fhertlein
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 10:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 32       
In reviewing the screenshots, the buildings with the Gold Colossus appear to be from an age earlier than the shots with the Silver Colossus.

Consequently, I think it is a unit upgrade.

"The devil and the priest can't exist if one goes away, its just like the battle of the sun and moon, night and day. The force of the devil is what we are told to fear. Watch out for religion when he gets too near."
"Living in a world of fantasy, I can hide behind what's real."
"Behind a smile, there's danger and a promise to be told, you'll never get old. Life's fantasy, to be locked away and still to think you're free! So live for today, tomorrow never comes. Die young."
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 12:22 PM EDT (US)     24 / 32       

Quote:

Well I see that no one listens to my ideas until the big red guys repeats them

I can't be blamed if everybody's stupid!

TheShdwDwn
eskay
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 05:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 32       
Warning: Pointless post ahead...

I too think that it is probably a unit upgrade...somehow I doubt that they would change the art for an armour upgrade...that would mean (providing there are 3 armour upgrades) that they would have to make 6 different skins for a unit with 1 unit upgrade, and 9 for 2.

-SK

Goldfinger
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 05:58 PM EDT (US)     26 / 32       
I dont think that is gold.
1. the color looks bronze
2. Gold is a "soft" metal, that is why it is good for making jewelry.
Zlaz
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 07:12 PM EDT (US)     27 / 32       
eskay that is one of the main features of AOM though, the art changes with upgrades. So you can see the advancement of units at a glance. So I think it is likely that it is a Myth tech, but I dont think it is three armor upgrades because 1. there are only two versions and 2. i dont think armor upgrades afect myth units. Or it could just be new art in general.
Chris654
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 10:03 AM EDT (US)     28 / 32       
Well what ever it is, I don't like the looks of it, silver is a bit funny looking...
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 24 May 2002 02:43 PM EDT (US)     29 / 32       
*flexes 1337 skills*

(big)silver collosus to the right and three smaller bronze ones to the left.

ofcourse this screen is as old as grandpa frost giant but thats not important.

*walks out without making a point*

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 05:16 PM EDT (US)     30 / 32       
That looks like a statue...

TheShdwDwn
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 05:22 PM EDT (US)     31 / 32       
Yes, its a statue...Everything on it is silver and the silver colossus' crest is suppose to have the player color on him.

[This message has been edited by Imperialarc (edited 05-24-2002 @ 05:24 PM).]

shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 24 May 2002 05:29 PM EDT (US)     32 / 32       
so...?
its a wonder?

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames