You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Trade units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trade units
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 00:15 AM EDT (US)         
I was reading an old thread, and i came across the topic of trade carts. i don't think this has been discussed in a long time.

Will there be trade units in AOM? Has this been done away with? Was it even liked in AoK?

Did you guys like Trade units?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
AuthorReplies:
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 23 May 2002 00:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
id say tradin was a necessity in AOK...i mean u got free gold...WHO DOESNT WANT FREE GOLD?!?!?!?! lol...it was so much easier to play when u traded and tradin is def in AOM...and hasnt this been a thread already? its ok if it has

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 00:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
it had, but its expired.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
KatanaSwordfish
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 00:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
It gives you something to do to blow the opponent away in economy and millitary at then end just so at the end of the game you can brag about how much you skooled them :P

Plus i've seen games where some resourses had been completely depleted, gold was a common one. If you etablish a good system of trade you can cover for gold...

wrotong
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 06:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
On one of the new 21 scrrenshots you see a market and two trade carts, while they can still be taken out of the game as with anything it looks like there in. Trade is a neccesity in team games and anyone that doesnt trade is a fool j/k

the greatest n00b of them all
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 06:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Yes, I am sure there are trade units. Its an essential unit and great. As HSM said "FREE GOLD"....well at the expense of a couple of resources but the income outweighs that...

[This message has been edited by Imperialarc (edited 05-23-2002 @ 06:45 AM).]

Dagobert
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 08:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
I hope that we still have the market and the trade units in AoM. In fact, they might even improve on what they had in AoK and I wouldn't mind.

I know that many players doesn't use the market a lot (they get cartography and that's it) and they don't use trade carts neither do they collect relics. I think that it's a mistake...

First, those things doesn't ask for a lot of microing (the trade carts and trade cogs are on their own, there are only 5 relics). Moreover, it seems obvious that any way you can find to increase your gold production is welcome, specially when the game is a bit long. Usually after 1 hour, when the gold mines are gone, it makes a big difference.

la guerre comme la guerre
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames