You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Age Of Mythology Patch
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Mythology Patch
ephestion
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 10:55 AM EDT (US)         
Yes I know the game has to come out before we start discussing a patch, but maybe not.

The
AOE:
Minoans
Greeks
Macedonians
Phoenicians

Were lacking overall against the top DM and RM civs.

AOK:
Byzantines

Were lacking overall against top DM and RM civs.

So I guess in this next version the patch should make the Greek cultures more balanced and better in persuing certain roles. There must be a top DM and RM civ for all cultures and not just some as has been in the past. When I play Achiles I want to send Troy to Hades, kinda what I thought about playing New Rome in AOK but was let down considerably.

SO in the first patch for AOM Ensemble should consider not denying our preconceptions of the Hellenes, I would like to see atleast one Hellenic civ that crushes in DM and one for RM. Obviously, I hope the others Normans and Egyptians are worthy opponents with the same to be saud for a damn good DM and RM civ.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
AuthorReplies:
theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 23 May 2002 11:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Patch talk already? Sheesh... wait until you play the game - playtesting it as ES still has a LONG way to go...

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
Dagobert
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 11:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
I like your idea to have in each culture at least a top RM civ and a top DM civ. But I also do hope that the balancing of the game is good enough so that each civ is a decent opponent in either DM or RM (I'm really optimistic there. )

But I do hope that all this will occur without the need of a patch.

la guerre comme la guerre
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 12:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
I think trying to preconceive game weaknesses before the game is even released and then trying to suggest changes implemented to something one is hardly completely versed on is a little lacking in logic...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 05-23-2002 @ 12:10 PM).]

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 12:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
what TSD said.
Confused_Templar
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 12:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
Are you suggesting that ES intentionally makes some civs better than others? You, my friend, are gravely mistaken!

If you think the Greeks are going to be a subpar civ, look at all the analyses of the Poseidon showcase--it appears that Poseidon will have the game's best cavalry. Zeus seems to supply some excellent hoplites, and I'm guessing that Hades' archers will be nothing to sneeze at.

BTW: I thought the Minoans were great in AoE. Minoan compies are the closest thing to the undefeatable British ELBows.

I'm waiting for a sarcastic reply a la OMG ES I CAN"T BELIEVE NORES DON"T GET MINITOORS within the next hour. Seriously, before AoK came out, there was a post everday to the effect of "Saracens are too powerful!" or "Are Mongols too weak?" In response, someone made a sarcastic "analysis" of the Byzantines and what should be balance them up. (Blast furnace, mutant pirahnas, monks that shoot lasers out of their eyes...)

I would make it myself, but I'm too happy right now to be sarcastic. (School ended yesterday, and now I never have to see my evil, diablical English teacher ever again! It's like I've been living in a dark cave for two years and I'm coming out into the light!

**is suddenly hit with a two-by-four from an anonymous forumer who is tired of excessive smileying and wants this dragging post to end**

Gawain
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
Bleh. Anybody who is talking about patches or expansion packs are almost total idiots. It might be nice to know that ES is planning on making an x-pac, but even suggesting what should be in it is dumb. Same with a patch. How can you even concieve with your puny knowledge of AoM what should be corrected with a patch?!

Quote:

Are you suggesting that ES intentionally makes some civs better than others? You, my friend, are gravely mistaken!

Correct!

Quote:

There must be a top DM and RM civ for all cultures and not just some as has been in the past.

What are you talking about?? Ummm I may be mistaken, but AoM hasn't even been finished yet, and almost certainly doesn't have this "past" you are referring to.

XCrash_Fish
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
ITS NOT EVEN OCTOBER AND PEOPLE ARE ALREADY PLEADING FOR A PATCH!!!... *runs off to cry*

To make this a final comment on this topic GAME NOT DONE.

Though I than He - may longer live
He longer must - than I -
For I have but the power to kill,
Without--the power to die--
The only reoccurence in every AoM games you lose, is you.
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:31 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
Person....not people.
Gawain
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
Fortunately yes..
Brown_Rice_
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
Gawain, no need to call anybody an idiot.
That said, I agree with you and the others that it's way too early to draw conclusions about imbalance or to suggest XP civs to improve said balance.
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 04:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
Wait I must misunderstand something. Some of you [I]want/I] some civs better than others? WHAT?!?!

I think every culture, every God, every sub-God should have strengths and weaknesses, but every one should be suited to be a threat in every type of game. Sure Thor may characteristically be a rusher, but I dont want him to be the civ every person on the internet uses in the RM!

And what exactly is this talk about patches? When the beta test isn't even out some people are suggesting patches?

Well... I dont really understand the logic in that, because the play-testing that will be going on is designed to balance the game. That doesnt mean there will not be a patch... Its just ES obviously does not know what they need to patch yet...

-Vladimir87

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 06:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       

Quote:

what TSD said

c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 23 May 2002 09:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
id have to say what Imperialarc and Stone_Giant said...

what TSD said

Cataphract887
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 09:23 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       

Quote:

Minoans
Greeks
Macedonians
Phoenicians

umm,think minoan where one of the top civs.fishing was very important in RoR...and they had 30%(i think) cheaper boats...

c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 23 May 2002 11:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
lets wait till we play the game b4 we say what a patch should have...we dont know how any of the game balances or anythin of that sort so just b patient my padawan learner i put that because i really feel ephestion needs to learn stuff b4 postin

Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 11:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19       

yeah..

whats Gawain doing here...

*throws him back to AoKH*

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
wrotong
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 11:52 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
can we talk about age of mythilogy before we talk about patches, i mean the beta isnt even out yet ffs, i'm going to go shoot myself now to get away from the stupidity:/

the greatest n00b of them all
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 02:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
"What the majority of people on this thread said"

oh yeah:

ARRRRRRGH!

DONT TRY TO BE CLEVER!

YOU KNOW NOTHING!

NEITHER DO I!

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
eskay
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 03:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
lol@ Psychic Ostrich

Same as the rest.

I'm eager for it to come out, but not that eager.

*Hides two-by-four behind back innocently*

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames