You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » IGN AoM Preview
Bottom
Topic Subject:IGN AoM Preview
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 02:09 PM EDT (US)         
And about bloody time
http://pc.ign.com/articles/360/360450p1.html

Enjoy

Stone_Giant

AuthorReplies:
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 02:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       

Quote:

had the chance to fool around with some of the god powers bestowed upon me and found one that I hadn't ever seen before. It works a lot like a raise dead spell, so if you're in the middle of a giant battle and find the tides turning against you, strike down with the Ancestors power and you'll suddenly find all of the fallen warriors coming back to help you in your time of need. Also like raise dead sorts of spells, the effect will only last for a short amount of time.

Quote:

It's really pretty. I think it's really pretty. You like really pretty things? You'll like this game. From the units that change visually with upgrades to the water to the amazing as freaking amazing god powers like tornado and meteor shower. Oooh the meteor shower! I've seen it a million times, but it never ever gets old.

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
Brown_Rice_
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 02:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
The raise dead sounds like my kind of spell! Imagine you send your entire army including lots of beefed-up big units (cavalry, MU, heroes, etc) to raid the enemy's town and it's just enough take out their whole army and some villagers but not finish off the buildings. Unfortunately you can't get your reinforcements there before he is able to crank out a bunch more units to protect his town. No problemo you raise dead, suddenly you have the full force of your original assualt crew (or most of it), already in his town, and you finish him off.

I love it... this really sounds like the kind of God Power that, used in a not-so-strategic situation would have a minor effect, but used brilliantly could be a crushing blow!

Confused_Templar
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 02:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       

Quoted from IGN Showcase:

Apparently, a god has been split into four pieces. Oops. That's a careless god.

It appears the resurrection of Osiris is going to be in the game.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 03:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
grand...just grand. Not much new but positive preview.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 05:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
interesting, some neat screens.
*waits for beta*

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Henrnor
Mortal
posted 23 May 2002 08:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Is this "raise dead" GP the "Son of Osiris" which Bruce Shelley talked about on the interview or itīs another one? (osiris had something to deal with ressurection didnīt he?)
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 23 May 2002 09:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
i hate IGN and i didnt read the info cuz it was on the single player part but from what u ppl say it sounds neat

Jus
Mortal
posted 24 May 2002 05:56 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I'm surprised at the small amount of info that we have been receiving from E3 regarding AOM. Let's hope Thunder does better than all these game sites.
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 24 May 2002 09:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
AOM isnt the big show at E3 this year...thats why...Doom III is a big show and all thses GCN and XBox and PS2 games r the big ones...AOM isnt a major title comin out...its been known about for awhile now...there r just bigger titles to look at

[This message has been edited by Hairy Scary Man (edited 05-24-2002 @ 09:55 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames