You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.53 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Warstorys to hold us over 'till the alpha comes!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Warstorys to hold us over 'till the alpha comes!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 09 July 2002 02:46 PM EDT (US)         
Ok since alot of you have been making WarStories, I thought I would put it here! ok write down all you want then The judges will decide who has the best one!

Whoever can make the best warstory using all GP ages and most units will have a good one...but in the end it is up to our judges!

It should be along thee lines of a 2 virses 2 game with good pairs. (Gods that work together good, like Odin/Poseidon, or another good team)

Use good spelling so that our judges will be able to tell what you are saying!

ok if you want to be a judge you can use Yahoo or MSN to contact me.... (please be serious about you postion if you ask to be a judge!)

Judges:

1. Richard the God
  2. Icehammer
  3. SoR_Anarchy
  4. Stone_Minotaur
  5. Arshnu_Returns

Sorry but we have all the judges we need now get with te war stories!

(please note you ca not persuade a judge to get his/her vote)

We will take stories up until Friday.....no exceptions! they have to be in by friday....

please only contestants' war stories should be posted here!

This will hold us over till the alpha comes!

the winner will get this shiny little sig modification in any color as long as it looks good!

Best War Story in the AoMH Forums!

or something like it! we wil have someone design a better one!

[This message has been edited by phantom_rider2 (edited 07-12-2002 @ 09:10 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:24 PM EDT (US)     31 / 53       
I just recently began beating the comp on moderate...but I think i'll play AoC... I'm used to that.... I finy started playing Aoe when RoR came out then I got AoK but My comp couldn't run it! so then I Got a new comp when AoC came out... So I've never played AoK by itself!
Ras uncle
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:24 PM EDT (US)     32 / 53       
Here goes

The Chambers of Zues are draped in beutiful robes of every colour, his servants bring him fresh fruits but he does not eat, his wife Hera tries to comfort him, but nothing will do... Sudenly the door bursts open, My Leige they have shown no sign of turning back.
Pray Hermes tell me of your journey, replied Zues.
Sir they shot down the Pegasus I was riding, and told me to tell you to kill your people and avoid embarassment, shortly after they ate the Pegasus raw.
HOW DARE THEY, yelled Zues CALL MY BROTHERS THIS IS WAR.

two years later.....

The chamber is now dull and boring, the servents are gone, Hera is sowing, and if asprin had been invented, Zues would be up to his beard in it.
My lord we have news from the fight! squealled Hermes as he burst through the door. We have won, and I have a report.
Exellent Hermes, read it.

Well as the battle started you and your brothers armies all got off to a good start, Our villagers went to work gathering wood, our scouts were quick to spot a settlement and built up a Town Center and started on gathering gold and wood. Meanwhile your brother Poisedon planted an animal magnet then all three Gods sent there villagers to gather the food, meanwhile we finished our temple and moved on to the Classical age.
Adding myself to your pantheon we began planting farms, we had a few of them when your brothers advanced through the age, we pumped out plenty of Hopolites and Cenetors, mean while Poisedon enlisted Ares, started on farms, Hippikons, and Cyclopses, Hades, working with Athena stuck to Minotaurs and archers, We located Odin and Thors bases, just after Ra had casted RAIN, benefiting us over the Norse for sure, however the Egyptians had started farming right away. Despite that Poisedon suggested a surprise attack on Ra, who had chosen Ptah, luckily for us the Norse had gotten to him first, and Ra was forced to Shifting Sand them to some island, when we hit, we hit hard, we easily outnumbered his weak army, destroying them easily, Hades qiuckly built a TC on the settlement, our armies had almost returned tto there bases when Hades was attacked by Odin, he used his Sentenials for a quick defense, against the attacking Valkeries. Unfortunatley for Odin he was defeated by the combonation of a three brothers. With that taken care of, we quickly made it to the Heroic age, We Chose
to add Apollo, and changed or style to Prodromos and Manticores and Cenetaurs, with a nice amount of Hopolites and Hypathists, Poisedon, choosing Dionysus, pumped out Hydras and Hippikons, Hades who chose Apollo also added some Manticores to his army. That was when we chose to attack Odin, we sent Hopolites, and Hypathists to defend the Passage we used thanks to Apollo, and our Prodromos and Myth units began a hit and run strategy on Odin, and to our surprise Odin hadn't yet advanced to the third age, allowing our ranged units to pick off Odins men, and our Prodromos fought off his raiding cavalry. By the time Odin was in the third age we had destroyed all his buildings but the TC, which fell shortly. Using our troops we established and good base, however Thor, with Forsetti and Bragi be gan attaking, thankfully we got some troops through our UP and Hades sent one of his own to help us. With our combined stregnth we were able to fight off Thor. Surprisingly Poisedon made it to the Mythic age faster than anyone else, Sending an Earthquake Set's direction, then moved his troops, with the help of some Chimeras, into Set's fortress, taking it over. Then our troops teamed up and moved onto Thor, we had both reached the fourth age choosing Hera and Artemis and defeating the team of Thor Forsetti, Bragi and Tyr, despite a fumblewinter and a Frost (which was countered with a Ceasefire). Loki on the other hand had just defeated Isis when we picked appart his ungaurded base. then on our command we all attacked Loki, with Our Medusas and Bolt defeating his Mountain Giants, aswell as an earthquake and a lightning storm. Loki then lowered his flag and surrendered.
An excellent tale. Bellowed a smiling Zues, I trust Dionysus is already preparing to shower Greece in wine.
Thats one thing I'll be looking forward to.

THE END

Big, slow, heavy , boring... Chevy (Like a ROCK)

I'm not insane everyone else is insane and you're all trying to steal my magic bag

Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:27 PM EDT (US)     33 / 53       
Oh come on pr2! Just re-install it on your new computer!

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:28 PM EDT (US)     34 / 53       
"You live in Chatanooga! Wow I live sorta close to you! Neat!"

Where do you live?

Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:38 PM EDT (US)     35 / 53       
Right outside Charlotte, NC. Not real close, but hey, it's alot closer than somewhere like Austrailia (TSD).

EDIT: I looked it up on a site, it said over 6 hours. Well, it's still closer than Austrailia...

BTW: Anyone have the old AoK and wanna play?

Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco

[This message has been edited by Evil Dragon (edited 07-09-2002 @ 06:45 PM).]

Jaydub
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 08:36 PM EDT (US)     36 / 53       
The armies of Greece under Zeus and Poseidon headed south and met the egyptian armies of Ra and Set.... Here is an account of the battles.

Archaic Age:

Zeus's villagers started gathering food from berries. The kataskapos ran around in circles discovering new resources. More villagers went to food, as well as some to wood. They created a temple which made a pegasus and a few villagers started to worship. The Pegasus scouted around the map.

Poseidon's villagers also gathered food from berries. His pegasus searched for animals that could be summoned with Animal Magnet. He used it and it summoned many animals. Zeus sent some villagers over as well and they both loaded up on food.

Ra empowered his TC with his pharaoh. His priest made circles of obelisks for LOS around his town. His villagers mostly went to food but put more on gold then the greeks put on wood. He started building farms.

Set also empowered his TC with his pharaoh. His priest made circles of obelisks as well and also converted animals to send home for food. He researched Feral and sent some animals as scouts. He started to make farms as he knew that Ra would use rain soon.
And he did. Ra used his GP and farming was prosperous. When the greeks felt the rain falling, they began to set up farms, but not nearly as many as the egyptians had.

The greeks had scouted much more efficiently with kataskaposes and pegasi then he egyptian priests and animals. They took note of where the settlements were.
The greeks build docks not too far apart, but so that they didn't have to share the same fishes. They started fishing before the egyptians did.

The egyptians each built a few monuments to allow a steady flow of favor when they needed it.
The greeks slowly put more and more villagers on their temples.

Poseidon's economy was in the lead with his faster fishing ships, hunting, and a bit of rained farms. Zeus was a bit behind with his fishing ships, hunting and rained farms.
Set was next with his rained farms and animals delivered to his TC. Ra was behind with rained farms and empowered gather sites.

Poseidon was first to Classical with a rush in mind.
Zeus intended to boom for just a little bit longer.

Set intended to be in Classical as soon as possible.
Ra wanted to boom so he could be through classical in as short a time as possible.

Poseidon's followers started to worship Hermes.
Poseidon built a stable, and researched Lord of the Horses and Spirited Charge, then began making hippikons. He made another temple to allow fast MU creation, researched Winged Messenger, made another pegasus and started making some centaurs.
His 2 pegasi flew over the map going over the egyptian towns repeatedly studying them. He made some warships to defend his boats as a hippocampus searched for enemy docks. He trained Theseus and Hippolyta to complement his attack force.

Set was next to Classical, but his economy was now the weakest.
His followers chose to worship Anubis.
Set started making slingers and spearmen, and started making anubites. He built another temple and researched necropolis to speed his favor gathering, and serpent spear to improve his spearmen. Once he had a group of anubites he researched Feet of the Jackal.

When Ra began to fear an impending rush, he researched Skin of the Rhino and started to advance to Classical.
Zeus was still in archaic, but had a hero, Jason, and had researched Olympic Parent.

Ra reached Classical at about the same time that Poseidon started to move his troops towards his town.
Ra's followers chose to worship Ptah.
Ra started making spearmen and axemen as fast as he could. He also researched Scalloped Axe, and Leather Framed Shield. Set sent some wild animals and anubites his way to help defend.
Zeus now started to head for Classical, with an immensely powerful economy. He knew he was in extreme danger to a rush, but hoped that Poseidon would keep the egyptians busy.

Poseidon's Hippikons and Centaurs ran into Ra's town. The centaurs filled the spearmen with arrows, and the hippikons hacked at axemen. Anubites leapt on the centaurs, killing some of them but still losing over all.
The centaurs took care of the predators quite easily. Poseidons archers and hoplites were on the way, if slowly.
A few of Ra's priests and the pharaoh circled around and jumped on the centaurs. The centaurs were killed off. The Hippikons attacked the priests, killing a few but retreated back home. The Hoplites and archers returned as well.

Zeus reached Classical, and chose to follow Athena. He researched Sarissa, Aegis shield and started making Hoplites.
He also did some Armory techs, and reminded Poseidon to do the same. He trained Odysseus and as many minotaurs as his favor allowed.

Ra made some Wadjets and made more spearmen, axemen and slingers. He found a few places that he could wall so that there was only 1 way into his town. He placed some towers near there.
Set made more anubites, slingers and spearmen.

Zeus's economy was very powerful and was able to get to the Heroic Age first. His followers decided to worship Apollo. He researched Labyrinth to improve his Minotaurs and Sun Ray to increase attack. He also researched some armory techs.
He made more hoplites with some hypasists mixed in now, and also some manticores as ranged support. He created a Heracles hero.

The next to Heroic was set who had managed to start fishing in a body of water unreachable by Poseidons hippocampuses.
His followers chose to worship Nepthys. He researched City of the Dead, Funeral rites and Spirit of Ma'at, improving his priests and pharaoh. He made a few Midgols, And started making chariot archers. He did some armory upgrades as well. He continued to train anubites, but added in some Scorpionmen.

Ra's army was large now, consisting of spearmen, axemen, slingers and Wadjets, but not as advanced as Zeus's. He decided to attack Poseidon. Set used some predators as a diversion, attacking outlying resource pits. Centaurs rushed to the rescue, but the Hippikons stayed put. Ra sent his spearmen up to face the Hippikons and let the slingers shower them with stones. The Axemen met some hoplites and both parties fell. The spearmen took out the Hippikons by the time the Centaurs returned, and they were attacked by spearmen and slingers. The Wadjets had stayed back, spewing venom at anything that came to close. Now they went in, taking out the stables and barracks followed by temples. Angry militia attacked whenever a building fell, but they weren't much of a threat. Poseidon managed to make a few more hippikons at the back of his town and rushed them at the slingers. Most of the slingers died before the spearmen fought the cavalry off. At around this point, Hippolyta and Theseus appeared and attacked the Wadjets. They were successful, using they're attack bonus vs MUs. They lured the remaining spearmen into a TC where the villagers were hiding and the arrows finished off the threat.

Zeus had sent some villagers towards a settlementand built a TC. Right next to it he built a fortress for defense.
Set was also looking for settlements, and claimed one.
Ra was the next to hit Heroic, choosing to worship Sekhmet. He researched Bone Bow and started making chariot archers from his newly created Midgol. He rebuilt his army, with chariot archers, camels, elephants, wadjets, and scarabs as siege weapons.
Ra sent some villagers to another settlement to build a TC but his villagers were killed by some centaurs protecting it until Poseidon reached Heroic. Set sent some camels to take them out, and Ra successfully built a TC.

Zeus's army was growing enormous. Hoplites, hypasists, minotaurs, and manticores all over the place. He build two more pegasi so he would know exactly what Ra + Set were doing. He made more manticores, and started making a few hippikons and prodromos.
He tributed some resources to Poseidon to give him a boost, getting him to Heroic.

Set started building a navy, and Ra as well, in the main body of water. The Greeks had a larger navy, but no naval MUs at the moment. A pegasi saw the docks building and the navy headed in that direction.

Chariot archers showered Warships with arrows and Catapults threw the occasional stone. The Ships were forced to retreat a bit.
Poseidon reached Heroic and chose Dionysus. He made some Scylla to help take over the Egyptian harbor. He went looking for settlements, and found one. He placed a TC there.

Poseidon made some Hydras, and researched Anastrophe, Thracian horses, and Bachanalia. He made more and more Hippikons adding some Prodromos now. He made a few centaurs and also some archers.

The greeks sent their navy at the enemy docks, and found enemy ships waiting. The Greeks suffered large losses but came out on top.

Set sent his anubites to attack Zeus from behind at about the same time Poseidon and Zeus started heading towards Ra. The Zeus pegasi spotted the anubites, and Poseidon sent his Hippikons back to Zeus's town. Zeus rushed Ra's gates, using catapults to take out the towers. They breached the wall and were in the town before the Midgol units could reach them. Ra was taken aback by the size of the army, and shiftingsands the whole thing onto an island. Zeus didn't hesitate to use the Underworld Tunnel GP. One entrance to the tunnel was on the island, the other in Ra's town. The whole army rushed back in. Poseidons hydras started knocking on buildings on the other side of the town. Chariot archers shot hoplites, as elephants and camels closed on them. Ra still had some axemen and spearmen and rushed them at Zeus as well. The minotaurs were slashing at everything in sight, and occasionally headbutted an axeman into the Underworld tunnel, and didn't come back until the Ra player noticed. Ra used Citadel to make his TC more powerful. Ra had called for reinforcements as soon as Zeus used Underworld Tunnel. Set's forces rushed in as well. Zeus's army was massive, larger then both the enemies together. Ra started pumping cav mercenaries to help, and Set tributed gold so he could make more. Manticores flung spikes at the mercs, and many died before they reached the battlefield. Occasionally some spikes would explode.

Back in Zeus's town, the Hippikons had been waiting for the anubites as the leaped over the wall. The hippikons ambushed them, practically wiping them out, until the last few leaped out over the wall and killed a lion on the other side. The Hippikons automatically ran for the gate to kill the anubites. The anubites leapt back in and started doing some more damage. The hippikons arrived at where the dead lion was then had to run back inside.

Set used both his plague of serpents and ancestors in Ra's town to help kill off Zeus's army. It worked. Zeus's army fell, but Ra and Set had had massive losses. Ra's scarabs had avoided the battle and now ran, almost undefended, to one of Zeus's settlements. They tore down the fortress and the TC before help could arrive.
Poseidons Hydras had also died off with Zeus's army. Hippikons chased the anubites around, and the anubites kept jumping away, occassionally, all of them would land on a villager and kill it. Everyone was rebuilding like mad. The only remaining military units were the Hippikons, chasing the anubites, the anubites, being chased, A few skeletons from ancestors, Ra's scarabs, 2 pharaohs, a few priests and a few of Sets scorpionmen.

Set was the first to mythic age and chose Thoth. He researched valley of the kings and Apedemaks Tusks. He made some giant turtles to keep Zeus and Poseidon making more ships, and lots of phoenixes. Zeus was building hoplites and hypasists, and manticores and finally managed to kill of the anubites. Poseidon was making more hippikons and hydras.

Zeus was next to mythic age, and chose Hera. He made some Medusae, but mostly more upgraded hoplites. He researched Face of a Gorgon to improve his medusae.

It didn't occur to Ra to destroy the Underworld Tunnel until Poseidon transported some Hippikons, Hydras, and catapults onto the island and they appeared in the center of Ra's town. Ra had already rebuilt some, and should've been able to take out the force, but he was busy using scarabs to destroy Greek settlements. The cobras and skeletons held the Hippikons and hydras back until Ra noticed it and killed them off with elephants and chariot archers. The Hydras had leveled several houses, a temple and a barracks. Ra then destroyed the underworld tunnel.

Set's phoenix flew over to Poseidons town where there were few ranged units. They attacked the remaining centaurs, and got attacked by Hippolyta. A few of them died, but they were respawned and manage to take out the amazon with an attack bonus vs MUs. They flew over the town and destroyed the archery ranges first, as they produced ranged units. They easily finished the militia that popped out of the rubble. A few more centaurs attacked and the Phoenixes chased them down. A couple strayed into TC range and were shot out of the sky. Set respawned them but they were killed almost immediately. He made more phoenixes at home and used them to destroy the temples to prevent more centaurs from appearing. Ra now reached Mythic age and chose Horus. He researched Vengeance and Spears on the Horizon as he trained avengers, and upgraded Axemen. Set used vision over Zeus's town, and it revealed where the majority of his army was clustered. Ra quickly used Tornado on that spot. It sucked in many units, and razed some buildings, but some got away.
Zeus used restoration to heal up what had survived.
Ra then attacked the weakened Zeus. His avengers attacked some of the more powerful MUs and the axemen and scarabs started crushing buildings. chariot archers, camels and elephants were wreaking havoc on the greek army. Some Greek hoplites took out a scarab and the acidic explosion practically killed them all. A Phoenix flew overhead to help take out the manticores, who's splash attacks were pretty devastating. The manticores were killed off, and the phoenix survived. His medusae were busy turning things to stone and managed to get the phoenix. The boulder fell from the sky. Another phoenix arrived as the first died. Poseidon rushed his army in to help. He used bronze as they entered the fray to make them more effective. Zeus used bolt on the Phoenix as it just wouldn't die otherwise. Zeus's army had been practically destroyed, but the hydras and hippikons finished off the rest of Ra's army with the help of bronze armor. Many Poseidon soldiers died as well. Set's army was already on the way to Poseidons town. As soon as Poseidon was aware of the fact, he used Ceasefire, and rushed his army back. He started advancing to Mythic age. His troops barely got back in time, and bronze had already faded. Set's army was more powerful, and Poseidon was veyr busy cranking out more hippikons to help defend. As ceasefire timed out, Set attacked. Poseidon attempted to defend, but it was to no avail, and Set broke through. As Set was destroying the city, Poseidon reached mythic age and chose Artemis. He started making chimeras which killed many enemy soldiers, but not enough. He used Earthquake on Sets town as soon as he could. It destroyed many buildings, but it didn't slow Set down. Set confidently destroyed the rest of Poseidons town as Ra was rebuilding to destroy Zeus's. Sets turtles and warships sailed straight into the Greek navy and began a large battle. The Egyptians had more resources for reinforcements and were thus able to wipe it out.
Set used Meteor Showers on Zeus's town as Ra started to send an army of avengers, scarabs, camels, and elephants in that direction. The meteors wiped out all weak buildings and many villagers, and Ra's army easily finished the job. Ra then went to help Set finish off Poseidon, which there wasn't much left to do.

That was how the Egyptians fought the greeks off.

My 3rd war story. Theres gonna be more

"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn"
"People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made" - The Sausage Principle
When you are not looking at it, this signature says something else.
Winner of P_R2s "Best ASCII Minotaur Yet Award"

Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 09:00 PM EDT (US)     37 / 53       
PR2, i e-mailed you, but if you check this first, can I be a judge?

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
Arshnu_Returns
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 09:15 PM EDT (US)     38 / 53       
I also e-mailed ya. I would love to be a judge.

Duct Tape Is Kind Of Like The Force, It Has A Light Side, A Dark Side, and It Holds The Universe Together
and ...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Man’s Prayer: I Am a Man….....But I Can Change….....If I Have To.....…I Guess.
Aetius
Mortal
posted 10 July 2002 02:44 AM EDT (US)     39 / 53       
If you need any more judges, I would like to be one.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy all her friends?
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking!
If CON is the opposite of PRO. whats the opposite of PROgress???
If jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares, Why the hell is there a song about it?[/b]
lordalex
Mortal
posted 10 July 2002 03:19 AM EDT (US)     40 / 53       
i want to judge 2

Member of the Evil Alpha Testers
The man who posted the 5,000th post
IT'S LORDALEX
"No basterd ever won a war by dieing for his county, he won it by making the other poor dumb bastaerd die for his country." - General George Patton
Jaydub
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 01:39 PM EDT (US)     41 / 53       
Its Friday... are you figuring out who won?

"People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made" - The Sausage Principle

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 01:40 PM EDT (US)     42 / 53       
man none of the judges are on now....
sorry, you will have to wait till they get on
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 02:15 PM EDT (US)     43 / 53       
[OT] Phantom, how did you add me to your windows messenger when I've never used it and don't even know my screen name?? [/OT]

EDIT: I also changed my sig so there's a link to AoMH in it... should've done that a while back . Does it look ok?

Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco

[This message has been edited by Evil Dragon (edited 07-12-2002 @ 02:16 PM).]

Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 02:27 PM EDT (US)     44 / 53       
As a judge, I declare Jaydub the winner, he posted many great stories, but if we have to only choose one winning story, i believe his last one was the best. It didn't drole on with a huge amount of game mechanics, but wasn't too fantasy, also it had a very good comeback in it, so that's why I pick Jaydub and his last story

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 03:31 PM EDT (US)     45 / 53       
Zeus and Poseidon verse Odin and Thor; map is Mediterranean

Zeus does the normal start, getting his close movable animal and gathering them around his TC. His first 6 villies go to (let's call them sheep for now) his sheep and then he builds a lumber camp and sends his next 5 villies to wood. At the 11th villie mark he builds a dock and starts producing fishing ships, getting 6 before he goes feudal. He focuses the rest of his econ on food, while saving up enough wood to build a temple right before he ups ages, also building a Pegasus to scout out Thor. Then he shifts his hunters who are out of food into his temple to gather favor, his eco is fairly balanced with 5 on gold, 7 on wood, 6 on favor and 2 villies + his 5 fishing ships on food (I assume for this that Minotaurs cost food and favor and archers cost mainly gold though that may well be wrong). When he is about 1/2 Classical he sends 2 forward villies to a spot he has scouted out near Thor, he goes Classical first, chooses Athena, and builds a 2nd Age temple and a range forward.

Meanwhile by prior arrangement Poseidon is concentrating on the sea. He starts on food early but soon shifts to wood, sending his 7-15th villies all to wood, and building 2 docks, and approximately 1 dozen fishing ships. He is a full minute slower to Classical than Zeus but he has 17 on wood at 2 different lumber camps, 5 on gold, and his 12 fishing ships. He has the water scouted out well with his 2 seahorses, though since he is trying to save wood he doesn't have a temple and thus no Pegasus. He builds a third dock and starts pumping out archer ships as he picks Hermes and goes Classical.

Thor start on food as well, though he saves his movables to goes straight to luring and putting a mill on berries. Odin and Thor move their *sheep* together ontop of a large deer herd and Odin doubles them, and Thor quickly moves his now doubled animals back since he is running out of normal food. Thor builds a few dwarves which he places on the Dwarven Mine he has placed right by his tc. He ends up with 2 carts, one on a deer herd/wood and the other on wood alone, his econ is mostly focused on the extra sheep he has, he goes with 4 dwarves, 10 on food, and 8 on wood. He goes up as quick as Zeus but with no ships. He has only poorly scouted the map with barely his own resources and a rough idea of where Zeus is scouted out, however as he sees Pegasus making passes over his town he builds his 2 Longhouses back in his town and awaits a rush. When he goes Classical he chooses Freja and her temple and goes raiding cav + Ulfsarks.

Odin has decided to go on the sea as well, and starts by moving his Ox-Cart to where it can collect berries and wood, and puts his first villies on berries, since this is a slow start he is forced to build a dwarf (which he dun really want yet) to keep his tc continuously going. He puts his dwarf on gold and his 7th-12th villies on wood, then puts his next 8 gatherers on food, his last 3 Classical Age units are dwarves and an oxcart which he puts on gold. His fishing is not as good as Odin (only 7), but he is a full minute faster. He builds 2 more docks as he upgrades and shifts all his gatherers to wood, saving his hunting for later; when he goes Classical he has 14 on wood, 4 dwarves on gold, and 7 fishing ships.

Zeus starts off his Classical Age by building 2 Minotaurs and 4 archers, and sending them to raid Thor's vulnerable deer camp, which his Pegasus has determined is ungaurded. Thor sees the army moving in but his vils are cut off, he is only able to get 1 of his 5 gatherers back alive. Thor strikes back quickly, with his dozen units (raiding cav and Ulfsarks, plus one hersir), his cav get caught by the Mintaurs and tosses around while the archers, now reinforced to 6, cut down the hersir and Ulfsarks, 1 Minotaur and 4 archers survive, to which is soon added another Minotuar. However Thor has gone to Raiding cav and hersir, and he finally fights of the initial advance, though he has lost a total of 5 gatherers to the rush. However with all this fighting he now has a sivable amount of favor, and he adds 2 Valkaries to his dozen raiding cav and 4 hersirs. With this formidable force (well upgraded now from his Dwarven Armory) he marches on Zeus' rush camp. Zeus however has put up a barracks and has been putting his new villies on food. He now has 3 Minotaurs, 4 Hopolites, and 5 archers. Thor sets a forest fire on the woods that flank Zeus' camp, and then charges his cav at Zeus' mortal units, and his hersirs and MUs at the Minotaurs. The battle is vicious but while most of his army is injured and his camp is about to burn down he does Athena's gp (Regeneration?) and his units suddenly pop back up in health. The minotaurs get trapped by the hersir and killed, but the hopolites have dominated the raiding cav and the archers now cut down the last hersirs, with the Valkyries manging to espace alive since they ar faster than Zeus' units. At this time however Zeus' fishing ships are suddenly destoryed by Odin and so his rush and attempt to get Heroic gets cut back a bit, Thor however is still at the sh|t end of the stick in this rush.

Odin's ravens have thouroughly scouted out Poseidon's docks, so he is able to use his speed to get 3 archer ships quickly into Poseidon's ships, killing all but 5 that run away, suddenly Poseidon is forced to switch some to food just to keep up villie production. Still as he goes he has large amounts of wood and builds a large navy asap. Odin is still feeding forces in, but he quickly retreats when he sees the size of Poseidon's navy. Odin's extra hunting is really helping now, as Poseidon is forced to spend some precious wood on farms for villies and upgrades. Poseidon attempts a large attack with a dozen archer ships but by the time they get to the Norse docks they are badly outnumber, they are forced to turn and run, losing half of their number. Poseidon is forced to put up 2 towers on his docks (to protect them and get rid of the raven just sitting there mocking his efforts). Odin swerves his ships towards Zeus and kills off his fishing ships as well. Odin is the first to hit the Heroid Age upgrade with PPoseidon soon behind him, Zeus is a minute later and Thor is a full minute and a half after that.

Odin quickly picks Njord and does "Long Serpent", while also doing mortal upgrades for his ships and heads in towards Poseidon, hoping to take advantage of his better upgraded ships. He also builds more archer ships and Krakens in case his push fails. his first wave destroys Poseidon's ships before his can upgrade them, but lose most of their numbers and are too weak to take down the towers, however the 2nd wave takes out the towers, and Odin begins building a few siege ships, as well as expanding his econ and readying a transport. Odin lands a group of villies on Poseidon's coast, amply backed by archer andsiege ships, and puts up a hill fort (while walling in his villies). Odin then builds another Hillfort and a Njord temple and switches his efforts to Mountain Giants, Jarls, rams and Huskarls. He also takes this time to tear down any Greek structures within siege-ship range of the coast. Poseidon backs away from the sea after he loses it and uses his gp choice of Dionysus to build an army of Hydra and cavalry.

Zeus picks Apollo, and begins massing upgraded archers, hopolites and Manticores. He begins to attack Thor, who is barely gone up and chosen Skadi. He immeadiately builds a hill fort, which is build just in time to halt Zeus' advance. Thor concentrates on Huskarls to counter Zeus' archers, and TA's to counter infantry (and take advantage of Skadi's focus on TAs). At this moment, however, Odin launches his massive attack, and Poseidon is unable to stop them. His army is crushed and his fortress is torn down quickly by 4 Mountain Gaints. The rams and jarls tear into Poseidon's economy, and Poseidon is forces to concede 2 settlements and run towards the corner of the map. Zeus withdraws his whole army and manages to drive off Odin's assualt, but not to take out hte heavily fortified forward base. Thor throws his troops in now as well, his TAs and Huskarls tearing down Zeu's nearly abandoned forward base. Thor then brings up his rams and prepares to deal some revenge for the damage he suffered earlier. Odin also decided to go after Zeus, moving in more jarls, Mountain Giants, and rams, while also expanind his econ onto Poseidon's old base by caputring the 2 settlements he drove Poseidon off of. Zeus has a large army of archers, Manticore and hopolites, as well as his heroes, which allows him to stop Odin's advance, but he steadily loses ground to Thor. As he retreats to defeat Thor Odins sweeps in and his rams quickly tear half of Zeus' city apart. Zeus no choice but to open and Underworld passage and run his villies to a settlement he scouted out some time ago on the corner of the map near Odin. However Odin slips a few Jarls in before he thinks to close the passage and thus his remaining villagers are slaughtered. Both the Norse gods go Mythic at the same time and head for Poseidon. Poseidon's small army of cav and Hydra are frozen, and then hacked by Walking woods and the combined armies of 2 Norse gods. He quickly resigns to join his defeated ally.

Arshnu_Returns
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 03:38 PM EDT (US)     46 / 53       
And the 2002 Ford Explorer goes to...........the judges!!!!!! j/k
The best story by far was jaydubs last one. Congrats (BTW you have way to much free time on your hands)

Duct Tape Is Kind Of Like The Force, It Has A Light Side, A Dark Side, and It Holds The Universe Together
and ...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Man’s Prayer: I Am a Man….....But I Can Change….....If I Have To.....…I Guess.
Icehammer
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 03:45 PM EDT (US)     47 / 53       
I like Jaydub's too.

¥--Icehammer--¥
ESO Name: LKS_Icehammer
Enter if you dare....
Jaydub
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 08:54 PM EDT (US)     48 / 53       
I definitely have too much time on my hands, and I was hpoing I'd have less, but I didnt get the alpha.. . Hopefully some of the evil Alphaers will write real war stories so I can see if mine are at all accurate.... Maybe my dreams were actually the REAL AoM

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 09:13 PM EDT (US)     49 / 53       
UMMMMMM...ok judges! I'm having a hard time contacting you so....JUDGE NOW!
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 13 July 2002 00:49 AM EDT (US)     50 / 53       

Quote:

Use good spelling so that our judges will be able to tell what you are saying!

i ocne wuz ni a bgi figt wit a few fo ym feinds, whne i wuz dfeated by smoe bgi fta ddud. Ugh, oog, eeg. thn aterwards i hti hmi back wit ym smal btu powderful amry of thngies wis wat i did wlee.

DK
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 01:46 PM EDT (US)     51 / 53       
are u judges getting e-mails on "how to judge" or something? I'm confused, how are we supposed to judge?

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 12:04 PM EDT (US)     52 / 53       
alright I got 2 votes for Jaydub, so if i don't get any other votes to the contary, he wins!
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 14 July 2002 12:15 PM EDT (US)     53 / 53       

Quote:

Here's a war story:
-Out of Sync-

Ah... such memories! .

Eh, Izzy?

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register