You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Help me ES - question about DM in AOM
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help me ES - question about DM in AOM
Wagamuffin
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 07:10 PM EDT (US)         
Already I am doubtful that there will even be DM in AOM (i will explain why in a mo) or if there will be how will it go?

I am doubtful because i notice AOM is veeeery different from AOK in the way it shall be played (i am not saying it will be worse, on the contrary imo it will be better for people like me) and this could sorta clash with the do's and don't's of DM :

AOM has god powers that are free and mythological upgrades depending on the minor gods you choose. You get them as you progress in Ages and choose a minor god. However in DM you (usually) start in the highest age possible with all upgrades already granted.
Does this mean you would also have to choose minor gods beforehand and get all god powers straight away and will be able to use them in an apocalyptic fury of god-like powers clashing together (gotta admit that sounds pretty cool but very impractical imo). I think this would mean there wouldn't be god powers/mythological improvements in DM games.

without their diff god powers and myth improvements to set them appart wouldn't the 9 factions sorta resemble one another? this would imo make DM not so popular in AOM because there wouldn't be nearly as much variety as in normal games.

I understand i may be (and probably am ) wrong in my veeery long ramblings about DM . However i greatly want to know about DM in AOM so pleeaseplease if u can reply to inform me i would greatly appreciate it.

Good luck in finishing the game!

PS: GRRR @ not letting me get the alpha

my form was the most distinctive with my freakish name (trust me u do not wanna hear it... let's just say it begins with A and sounds like someone sneazing)

Thnx for help byebye

In a race between a rock and a pig, never forget your yellow umbrella
AuthorReplies:
David
HG Alumnus
posted 12 July 2002 07:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
We don't yet know if there is DM in AoM. In fact, we know nothing of any gametypes at all, aside from that there is said to be more than in AoK.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 07:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
NOMAD!

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 07:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
I think that in DM if you start in the last age (very likely) then you will have to choose your gods pre-game; maybe like the pull-down menu in AoK, but for all four gods. Also, I think it would be cool to have random god choosing for an option (like all random or random minor gods; I made a post on this "radom god" thing, but no one cared ). I am sure there will be DM though, no matter how bad it may seem or actually be (like anything in ES games are bad ).

Thats my gold dollar on things.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco

[This message has been edited by Evil Dragon (edited 07-12-2002 @ 07:54 PM).]

Jaydub
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 08:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
Even without GPs or MIs the cultures are very different. (norse infantry build, empowering, favor gathering) I don't see why they should take out GPs (but some would be relatively useless (prosperity, rain, great hunt, animal magnet, dwarven mine, lightning bolt), and some might be too powerful. There will be lots of units in concentrated areas to be smashed by Lighning Storm, Meteor Showers, and Tornado, as well as screwed over by Curse and Frost. Earthquakes would level the concentrated houses and clumps. Nidhogg's could be taken down by swarms of archers, Son of Osiris by lots of military units.

And most MIs would work, but Valley of Kings looks a bit too good for DM.

"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn"
"People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made" - The Sausage Principle
When you are not looking at it, this signature says something else.
Winner of P_R2s "Best ASCII Minotaur Yet Award"

petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 08:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
"NOMAD!"

I'm not the only one here who has seen the light! Sveet!

I'm not at all sure how DM would work in AOM, seems impractical but they might find a way around some of the stuff.

Ballistix
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 09:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Archaic deathmatch?

The China-men built the railroad, the Indians saved the Pilgrims
And in return the Pilgrim killed 'em
They call it it Thanksgiving, I call your holiday hell-day
Cause I'm from poverty, neglected by the wealthy
-Nas
Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 12 July 2002 09:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Archaic Deathmatch??? Eeeeeeeewwwww...

29th Greatest AoMH Forumer ever, former (and proud) FPH Templar
Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
Winner of AgeofMe's "The Site Jerk" title (and I do have an idea why )
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus
Official Mascot of the Age of Mythology Heaven forums!
Wagamuffin
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 06:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
Archaic deathmatch seems like good "couinter-measrue"

IMO The ages are a lot closer together in AOM so it won't be really annoying if it plays more or less like imperial in aok (mythic in aom i think)

PS: hehe my sneaky reply brings this topic bak to number 1 MWUAAHAAHAHAHA Now ES can't miss my question

Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 07:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
Sure they can-- Archangel could just send around an email to all ES staff saying "ignore any thread made by Wagamuffin at AoMH!"

Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 07:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
I can't remember where, but I am almost 100% certain it was confirmed that DM is in AoM.

Let me try and find the source of that...

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 07-13-2002 @ 07:25 PM).]

Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 07:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
TSD, I never thought I'd say this to you, but... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 07:20 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
Note the 'can't remember where' bit. It might just turn out to be a concoction of my imagination.

Though I was pretty sure on that.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 07-13-2002 @ 07:20 PM).]

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 07:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
TKO_GeNt> Hey whats up bruce...Hey Charlie! just wondering about whether or not Deathmatch will be a major part of the Age of Mythology world and do you think rushes will be able to work in AOM ....and do you expect AOM's server to be better than www.zone.com ....
+Bruce@ES> Death match is in . rushing still happens, but not too early. We have hopes for our server...

From the may chat with Bruce Shelley.

TheShdwDwn
Wagamuffin
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 07:57 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
Cool thnx i will have to get my DM skills up and running then (not that i have any...grrr...)

PS: do ya know if it will be archaic like many people suggest or "post-mythic" like in the older "age of" series

Wagamuffin
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 08:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
PS to Cloudchaser: MWUAHAHAAHA like they could stop me

I will get more and more screenies until i will populate 99% of the forumers then they will end up listening

GUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

PS: patent pending....by reading this out loud/in your head you agree to not sue/have me arrested in any way

and u have to give me your aom beta GUAHAHAAHA

The_Long_Knight
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 09:37 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
i dont see why ES would leave DM out of AoM as its such a big part of AOK
Dwarven_Smithy
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 10:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
I wonder how Zeus will work in DM since he gets twice the Favor limit.
Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 13 July 2002 11:37 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
*rolls eyes* Well, I wonder how ALL of them will work out in DM.

But especially Set-->Thoth. Eles training in two seconds... *drools*

Wagamuffin
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 07:06 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
Yeah i would guess the norse will probably excell, because of the whole faster buildings, soldiers that can build, etc...

Also Fimblewinter would mean that your enemy would lose almost all of his or her vilies, and as far as i know, when u lose all your villies in the middle of a DM when u have used up all your other ressources.....bye-bye to u

petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 08:14 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
"But especially Set-->Thoth. Eles training in two seconds... *drools*"

ANd yet a Norse Longhouse rush would have already killed you since Migdol take so long to build .

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 08:50 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
I'd be very surprised if DM was in the Alpha. Its going to be quite a beast to balance out properly.

Stone_Giant

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames