Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Hydra
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hydra
redcoat219
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 03:29 PM EDT (US)         
I know this has probaly been covered before but when last knight did that (very nice) picture of the hydra it made me think about the unit. in greek mythology the hydra was said to have 8 or 9 heads which one was imortal (meaning u would have to kill it someway else besides choping that head off cause it would grow back) and im hoping all of us know that the hydra is famous for its ability to lose a head and then grow 2 or 3 more in its place.... i wonder how aom will deal with this specialy considering they only seem to have put three heads on the beast
AuthorReplies:
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 03:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Remember, Mu's are clones or babies of the originals (ES said that somewhere), they are not the original.

Anyway they grow heads, they just have three to start with because they are immature, once the get experience they improve.

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
redcoat219
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 03:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
yeah, man i cant wait till the alpha is shipped so i can see them in action
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 04:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
*drools*

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 04:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I'm pretty sure that hydras don't really grow heads.
phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 14 July 2002 04:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Yeah we used to think they got more heads with kills, but I think ES took it out.
Theias
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 05:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
The hydra doesnt grow heads...ES never even put it in, it was a misunderstanding on game spots part. the scylla on the other hand, does grow heads.
Arctic_Wind
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 05:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
I think the hydra is an awesome unit already since it can attack multiple units with its heads
growing extra heads would have been cool, but that might have made a high experienced hydra too strong
Stone Minotaur
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 10:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I don't think they care, since I fear it would have to be shot...

Redcoat! my old nemesis! we meet again

"In the centre was Phobos (Fear) worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Eris (Strife) who arrays the throng of men ...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames