You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Scenario Editor in Alpha? ; )
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Editor in Alpha? ; )
CheeZy_monkey0
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 04:13 PM EDT (US)         
Why not make it evan 8X as enjoyable (atleast for me)

ES, you pitched in the rest of the civs, now what about the scenario editor?

Hehe, the new editor is said to have lotsa features, with lotsa features comes tons of bugs, your gonna need someone ( me ) to test out the editor

Damn i wish i lived by ES so i could offer to test things for free all day.

Ahhh, i'd evan pay them to let me test stuff

AuthorReplies:
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 04:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
HA!

m'boy, you dont know when to stop, you little ragamuffin!

Now, I doubt our good friends at ES are going to give all that, especially since their will not be an AI to control campaign units.

doubt it.

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
CheeZy_monkey0
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 04:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Yeah lol, ask ES to do something and they won't, but then right when you shut up and realize they won't listen to you, they stuff 6 more civs in the alpha

Nah i'm content with whats in the alpha now, and glad i got picked

I really hope theres music in the alpha too. Heh, gotta have my tunes

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 04:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
mmmm, music...thats one thing I hope is in the Alpha. I don't see why not.

-Signature
izzy
Mortal
(id: Ballista_Turtle)
posted 14 July 2002 05:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Of course not.

Izzy|HG Angel |Since August 2000•~
INTL|HeavenGames•~
<(•'.'•)>
Age0fMythology
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 08:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
No music?

"If God didn't want us to eat in chuch, he should've made gluttony a sin." -Homer Simpson
WhoAskedU
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 09:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       

Quoted from CheeZy_monkey0:

Yeah lol, ask ES to do something and they won't, but then right when you shut up and realize they won't listen to you, they stuff 6 more civs in the alpha

No...they stuffed 7 more civs in the alpha (their are nine civs, and there was originally going to be only 2...)

At my signal unleash HELL.
God Bless America, Land of the Free!!!
•••winner of "2002 AoM Forum's Coolest Name Award"•••
•••••••Another Fabulous Post by WhoAskedU!!•••••••
People just complain about other people's Signatures because
they aren't smart enough to make their own.
CheeZy_monkey0
Mortal
posted 14 July 2002 09:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Just a typo

Was there music in the other betas and alphas that ES released?

I don't see why there shouldn't be music in the alpha either, i could take 30 more MB on my comp, and besides, gotta have my tunes to calm me down after some idiot gets through my palisade and tower rushes me

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 15 July 2002 00:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
If there was going to be a scen editor in the alpha, I'm sure ES would have thought to mention it by now.

TheShๆd๘wDๅwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 15 July 2002 05:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
actually no. the alphaers will get the alpha, "oh look! it's the scen editor! sveeet!" and then around september ES will come and say "oh, yeah. we put the scen editor in there too. forgot to mention it." then they'll be flamed by non-alphaers.
PseudoKnight
Mortal
posted 15 July 2002 05:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
A scenario editor and a random map scripting manual would give mappers and scripters the opportunity to make their creations before the game's release. I think this is an excellent idea.
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 15 July 2002 05:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
on the other hand.. that'd be giving most of the game away in an alpha.
Matei
Mortal
posted 15 July 2002 08:51 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
I don't think they would put a scenario editor because

1) There's no single player and a limited number of multiplayer maps so there's no way to play your scenarios.

2) It's probably not fully finished yet. The scenario file format may even change before the release.

3) That would be giving way too much away.

Maybe they'll put random map scripting, because that's simpler and less of a "give-away", but I wouldn't bet on it.

What they have so far is more than enough to keep us busy for a month or two .

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.

[This message has been edited by Matei (edited 07-15-2002 @ 08:52 AM).]

tga
Mortal
posted 15 July 2002 09:17 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       

Quote:

2) It's probably not fully finished yet. The scenario file format may even change before the release.

I think it's unlikely that they still have to design the whole campaign. Either the added things will be relatively minor and won't change the file format, or they will program a converter from the old to the new format which they could also release for the designers designing in the alpha, if they were to include the scenario editor.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames