You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.52 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » 2 things that i hate about this game:
Bottom
Topic Subject:2 things that i hate about this game:
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Huggles
Mortal
posted 30 October 2002 09:04 PM EDT (US)         
Music: the music is bland, it doesn't pump you up. For example the music in WC3 is andrenaline pumping, action, its more vibrant and powerful. However the music in this game is very boring.

Unit graphics: I find the models of different units to be very small. I prefer the model sizes of WC3. Also the unique units like Kraken, cyclops etc..etc are very small in scale. I mean the Kraken should be a huge, but in this game its size of a peanut. WTF??

AuthorReplies:
Lkysammy
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 01:12 AM EDT (US)     31 / 52       
The music is more of a subconcuos(yes I know that is spelled wrong) thing. If the music is good then the game feels worse when I turn the music off. It draws u into the game.
HexHammer
Banned
posted 31 October 2002 01:23 AM EDT (US)     32 / 52       
Huggles ..I must agree that music could b better ..compared 2 many other games..

The Viking Lord ..I suggest u leave Huggles alone ..u didn't manage 2 say ANYTHING constructive!

<('-'< )

SOyuncastor
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:10 AM EDT (US)     33 / 52       
for all the guys who claim that the aom music is ok I dare you to download bloodlust and then the orc music and after you hear those songs tell us what you think of aom music.

this is by far the worst music in all aoe series.. man I have spent like 2 years listening to mp3s and I think I have to choices...

to spend another year listening to mp3's
to stay in wc3.

I dont know who are the musicians in AoM but I do recommend to buy wc3 and to listen how music is a big part of a game.

Hard to notice villagers from axeman, impossible to set wheel up, wheel down for formations or buildings, you cant choose color, the music is pain for our ears, you cant set a garrison hotkey, you send back to work from garrison and you must hear always a bell ringing (making villagers to ungarrison-garrison, its just a mess) the line formations always is 2 steps, is it me or something is just wrong?

BTW for those who says that Im not playing this game enough I want to tell you something : I've been playing this game since 5pm and now the time is 2 am my head hurts not only it's late but also because the friggin music is killing me, from single player campaigns to 1vs1 vs the cpu... I am trying really hard to like this game but 9 hours after serious playing I decide Im all frustrated with the things I've noticed.

[This message has been edited by SOyuncastor (edited 10-31-2002 @ 03:17 AM).]

GoldenShadow
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:32 AM EDT (US)     34 / 52       
This is kinda like the alpha forums. I seem to remember a couple of new topics every day about someone whining about the unit stance buttons or the quiet battle sounds. or something else which bothers them. I guess you can't please everyone.

I had the alpha and I loved every minute of it. I couldn't get enough.
I am buying AoM as soon as its in a local shop.

ZhaZ
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:47 AM EDT (US)     35 / 52       
If you ever wanna play as good as you can... don't listen to the music. Turn it off.
For singleplayer use it is okay I guess .

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
NightWolf
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 04:05 AM EDT (US)     36 / 52       
No music?! ZhaZ you crazy little Sweed!
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 04:10 AM EDT (US)     37 / 52       
oh, sweeds were always crazy.

but seriously, without music you can concentrate better. though i am not so bent on winning i'd sacrifice a part of the game..

falcdragon
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 04:59 AM EDT (US)     38 / 52       
Strange I quite like the Music. But then the only music types I dislike are pop, rap, blues and bad techno.

As for the Unit Sizes I totally agree they are WAY to small at 1024x768 on a 17" Moniter.

I'm using the Demo. I just whish they'd added a Multiplayer Map.

ovaltex
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 07:38 AM EDT (US)     39 / 52       
if you can find somthing so small to complain about you dont deserve to play aom ...just think if the kracken was that little bit bigger and the music was a bit more acion packed you would you think the gam was perfect? , no ... you would find some other insignificant detail to complain about ... i for one have aom and think it is the best game i have ever played , infact i dont know why i aint playing it right now
Matei
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 07:44 AM EDT (US)     40 / 52       
Unit size: Just use the zoom in command. Read the hotkeys help on how to do so (I remember there was a hotkey in the alpha). For people with big monitors, small units is OK since they want to see more of the battlefield. For people with smaller monitors, one or two zooms and you have a perfectly decent scale.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
helias126
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 07:56 AM EDT (US)     41 / 52       
Matei :
For people with big monitors, small units is OK since they want to see more of the battlefield.
-----

You cannot see more of the battlefield no matter what monitor/resolution you have.
The 640x480 player can see the same area with a 1600x1200 player.
The thing that changes is the quality of graphics.
In 640 are pixeled in 1600 are very clear and detailed.
This is because the game its 3d.
And it's better this way, so none can have the strategic advantage to see more battlefield.

ESO name : Helias_GR - AOM lag test site : http://www.geocities.com/helias126 /
nidhogg13
Banned
posted 31 October 2002 08:03 AM EDT (US)     42 / 52       
I personally loved the music. The only bad parts are when they are switching tracks. Of coarse i can only go from ther loki movie (2tracks). But those were GREAT(especially the last)
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 11:14 AM EDT (US)     43 / 52       

Attack a settlement or TC, and see themusic change, i think the music is done in quite a nice way

As per ppl who think WC is better, just go to some of their fan sites and post there, posting stupid stuff such as no color selection, no this, that, etc..just sucks.

Did u know the unit sizes from most of the screens

Zoom IN!!

THERE ARE HOTKEYS TO CHANGE UNIT STANCES!!!

HOTKEYS...HOTKEYS!!!

U can have ONE-CLICK GARRISON if u are in such a hurry

THE TOWN BEEL EVEN RANG IN AOK:TC WHEN USED

Certainly choice of music for everyone else is different. U like WC music, turn AoM music off listen to that, listen to ur own music, etc

The zoomed out view offers perfect micro for experts, if u dont like that, zoom in...its simple...and like WC AoM is not like that heroes are given much-much priority, u need everything and u need to micromanage them well in battle, or u are gone. Thats when the zoomed out view helps

U zoom in only to be able to see 50% of ur army, and the time u waste in moving about microing other units, u will de dead

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Huggles
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 05:45 PM EDT (US)     44 / 52       
I still can't get over the fact, of how much the music sucks in this game. Does anyone else agree with me?
Wagamuffin
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 05:50 PM EDT (US)     45 / 52       
The music is excellent seperate from the game but i don't find it goes with it very much so i guess i agree with u a bit.

But that is a bit pessimistic to start hating it that much.

TIP: why don't you try renaming music scores from things u like into the names of the music scores for AOM. It usually worx.

Hehe just u try and play AOM with "Can't touch this" playiong in the background

(ok bad example but i am sure u can find songs u would like in aom eg: use the war3 songs if u liek them so much)

In a race between a rock and a pig, never forget your yellow umbrella
Toastabal
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 06:21 PM EDT (US)     46 / 52       
I really don't tend to notice music in any game that is good. I completely forget about it when playing, but I'm pretty good at just ignoring things (like, read with a lot of people talking around you plus music plus well, you get the picture) so it might just be me. IMO, if that's the only bad thing in the game (according to you, other people will have different opinions) just turn it off, play without music, or replace it with something else.
nidhogg13
Banned
posted 31 October 2002 06:28 PM EDT (US)     47 / 52       
I still cant get over the fact that you people who hate the music are still here.

I still like it. (At least the norse one, because it goes with the folk-y feeling that i get with all the wood houses and stuff...you know what i mean.)

David
HG Alumnus
posted 31 October 2002 06:33 PM EDT (US)     48 / 52       

Quote:

oh, sweeds were always crazy.

Heeey! Oh wait, you're right.

Just don't forget to capitalize the "S" the next time...

LonelyKnight_Imperator
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 07:15 PM EDT (US)     49 / 52       
The music is subpar...

It is a tad worse than AOK music.

Yeah I have the full version..just bought it today.

Anyways, overall the graphics ROCK. THey beat Warcraft 3 gfx...

All you have to do is zoom in.

Anyways, the music leaves a lot to be desired.

Imperator of the LonelyKnights ( LKS )
http://www.lonelyknights.com
British Agent
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 07:25 PM EDT (US)     50 / 52       
Ur joking right?!

WC3 units are much worse off scale-wise than AoM. heck, Arthas is like 15 feet tall, a normal peasent is like 1/3rd his size. He couldn't fit in a house, hell a normal peasent can't even fit in the houses.

I play WC3 almost everyday, and I noticed the music.

~Brit

EDIT: Just heard the music, it blows harder than a hooker on discount day...

~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-

[This message has been edited by British Agent (edited 10-31-2002 @ 07:25 PM).]

nidhogg13
Banned
posted 31 October 2002 08:33 PM EDT (US)     51 / 52       
1)He Said that the graphics are better than war 3's.

2)The music is good!!!
3)Grrr.
4)Down Boy
5)Grrr!
6)Arrrgghhh!!!

askiro_jaro
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 09:07 PM EDT (US)     52 / 52       
teehee

hey British Agent,when is discount day anyway?...

kinda disappointing to hear all these complaints....seems ES is slippin from their esteemed "bigger than life" status as developers. I'm sure AoM still rocks.....but skimp'n on the music and features just doesn't sound very "ES-like".

Hmmmm....guess they're human after all, kudos to em for makin a 3d game though. I forsaw many years ago that the 3d technology isn't quite there yet to create the gameplay that Aok'ers have so growned to love. Cest la vie.

Today's my birthday (first post here).....greets all you seasoned AOM enthusiasts..look forward to playin ya all.
(still don't have the game though....but soon, very soon you'll all meet a short, but sweet, death)

*waves to all of my dearest fans
*crowd goes wild

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames