You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Impressive AI
Bottom
Topic Subject:Impressive AI
Emo DC
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 00:16 AM EDT (US)         
Anyone else find the random map AI pretty empressive in the demo? It seems pretty damn good at using counter units. I can beat 1 computer at hard...but I haven't been able to win a 1v2 on hard.

Late in the game it can get pretty frustrating..you get tired but the computer doesn't.

I assume titan is like the old hardest and the computer cheats on resources?

Emo

AuthorReplies:
DDT_DriverX
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 00:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Yes it is like Aok's hardest, where it cheats a bit on resources, except it is much better than the Hardest of Aok. I've only played against it once in the beta (i perfer to play against non-cheating comps) and even though i can easily win a 1vs2 on hard, i was slaughtered by the comp, i didn't stand a chance.
Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 00:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
It's certainly improved, and then I don't only go by the fact that two medium's beat me up in the demo. No it's about how the troops are handled, counters as you said, and management of heroes, quick age upgrades and so on. It does seem to have a bit of a weakness attacking fortifications though, as others have stated before. But one time it had five petroboloses relatively early and showed me it's not a weakness one can count on blindly.

One thing that may be related to this weakness is a tiny glitch in the unit pathing. When ordering a petrobolos of your own to attack something beyond a wall and it has to travel any distance before it gets in range, it will try another route even though it doesn't have to. One can compensate by having a gate nearby, but of course that doesn't solve the issue.

Leaving a tiny hole in a wall section, so tiny that only the smallest units can get through, can also give the AI serious problems on what to do. I did that once by mistake and the AI army just stopped there, and didn't start attacking the wall until several minutes later. It had mintaurs and cavalry blocking the path where one or two footsoldiers got through on occasion. I felt cheap as I attacked relatively unopposed on the other flank.

Socrates
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Does the Titan AI cheat on resources by giving them to itself or by the +100% handicap on it?
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 08:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Just by the 100% handicap. So it's not quite cheating in the sense of AoK. It just gathers, buildings and tarins everything at double rate.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
TheSmurfster
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 12:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I found the Titan AI to be very challenging, but not impressive. Hard was way too easy (I haven't tried vs. two of them yet, but I imagine it would just take me longer to win). Titan trounced me, because it is basically a hard AI who is twice as fast at _everything_. (I also didn't expect such a powerful force after beating hard so easily).

Bouncer Says:

"Have A Nice Day!"

aCCoUnT INvALiD
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 01:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
The Titan thing in demo is mad, you can't win.

Going to try the full version...

froglok
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 02:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I dont find the AI that impressive at all. Hard should be alot harder. Once the computer getts going it seem to do ok but the frist 2 ages its horrible, even on aggressive rusher it dies to my MU rush every time.

And if it is teamed with another AI computer they do not work togther, they do not cordinate attacks against the same person, often times they attack at diffrent times against diffent ppl. thats just bad AI, they should always group togther and attack the same enemy.

But the AI is still 100X better then it was in beta.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames