You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » minimizing/pausing game
Bottom
Topic Subject:minimizing/pausing game
jd142
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 09:39 AM EDT (US)         
So I downloaded the demo at work yesterday and started playing it. I noticed that if I hit alt+tab when people came around and I had to work that while the game was minimized, all the little villagers kept on working. The game didn't pause when minimized. Since this was the demo, I was playing single player mode. I do this a lot at home with aoe, aoc: play for 15 minutes, flip over and work for 15 minutes, etc.

I also couldn't find a pause button on the menus. Is there a keystroke that will pause it? Haven't had that much time to search the docs. I tried this playing in both window and non-window mode.

BTW, it plays just fine, if a little slowly, on a Dell Optiplex GX110 with a measly 4 meg integrated graphics card.

At home it played just fine with my GeForce2mx with 32. Although in both places, switching the screen resolution didn't really seem to have any effect. A demo limitation?

AuthorReplies:
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 10:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
it is 3d so changing screen resloution will have no effect on size at all just depth and detail. You can zoom in and out using the + and - keys though.

You are going to kick yourself, to pause the game well you hit the pause key of course. The pause/break key on your keyboard that is.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.

[This message has been edited by Pascal9872 (edited 10-31-2002 @ 10:50 AM).]

Scourge321
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 11:14 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
i wouldnt know because i havent played any versian of this game yet,(now i want to cry) but is there a menu button or anything?

First came the great Romans, than the mighty Huns, and Now the NORSE.
Jesus is Lord!
jd142
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 11:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
D'oh. Haven't used the pause key since I would pause bat file execution. Who knew people still remembered it was there.

Thanks

--leaves head hung low in shame.

Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 11:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       

when u wanna minimize, just hit F10 (brings on menu i think), which will alsp pause the game.

Also pause button is there

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
TheSmurfster
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
lol.

You sure you balanced 15 mins of work with 15 of play, or is it more like 5 mins work 30 mins play?

I hope you didn't post this at work, though; sometimes employers monitor what their employees do (log their actions online)...

Bouncer Says:

"Have A Nice Day!"

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames