You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » 3:00 pm... Why?
Bottom
Topic Subject:3:00 pm... Why?
bigtallmofo
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 01:58 PM EDT (US)         
Why publish a release date of 10/31/2002 and then neglect to tell people there's a 3:00 pm time limit on there? I called Gamestop at the mall near my work at 9:00 am this morning to see if they had AOM. Apparently I didn't ask the right question because they said, "Yes we do!". I then stopped at the mall on my way into work and was told that Microsoft did a "weird thing" in that they set a street time of 3:00 pm. Huh? I'm a patient person and don't mind waiting until then but don't like wasting driving time on my way into work.

Anyway, I did have a chance last night to play the demo for a couple hours. Anyone that said it is different from AOC is correct - it definitely takes some getting used to. It actually took me 5 minutes before I realized the population totals were next to the "other" resources. I also don't think I was able to get a villager to repair a Trireme. Either my clicking is deficient or that's not how you do it anymore. I'm sure after I get used to the new way of looking at and doing things that it'll be even better than AOC. The in-game graphics are fantastic. The cinematic ones (from the demo, of course) were good. I can understand what people are saying about not being able to tell apart the different infantry types but after just two hours of the demo I was becoming much more proficient at identifying the small units.

Finally, I don't think there's much widespread interest in this game. When calling around to various places, it's obvious I was the first person to ask about the game to the person that answered the phone. Personally there's not many things that would've stopped me from spending the paltry $50 on this game.

AuthorReplies:
GoldenShadow
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 02:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
healing ships and siege is like every other units. use a priests or other healing unit. you don't repair them anymore. and it just so happens that greek have no healing units.
cincyreds
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 02:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Not sure why they did the 3:00 p.m. time thing, I call my EB store here in MS and the manager did say it was a weird thing to do. I just hope that other developers do not thing this is a good thing and decide to follow it and become a common trend.

He did reserve me a copy and before I got off the phone he said that he put the FREE scenerio in with it since I called in advance. COOL!

Swiftraven
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 02:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Yeah, my EB was saying the same thing about how weird it was having a 3pm time. They sold my mine at 1:30 anyway, though no free scenario for me =( I need to call and ask about that!
Achillies264
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 02:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
bigtallmofo,

I did they exact same thing!

do you live by Great Lakes Crossing?

bigtallmofo
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Achilles, not sure what Great Lakes Crossing is so I probably don't live near it! I live in Philadelphia and I had stopped at the King of Prussia Mall on my way into work.

When you called them, did you get the impression too that you were the first one that asked about this game? I mean, they put me on hold for like 5 minutes before they came back to the phone. Normally these guys rattle off if they have something or not like you're the 10 millionth person that has asked for it.

kamrantu
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 03:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
The only posibility that I can think of for the 3:00pm time is that they may want the additional time to turn on the ESO for the Retail version of the game and want to make sure that all time zones are able to go home, install the game, and login to the ESO and start playing multiplayer.

ESO Name: kamrantu
MythoGod
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 04:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Microsoft does things like this in order to show that they control everything, hahahahaha. Well, i dunno, i think 3:00 time is really dumb, people get it a few days early because of connections, so what is the point of selling only after 3????
Shurafa
Mortal
posted 31 October 2002 04:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Kids will not cut out of school if it is released at 3pm.

That is my theory...

NYC_Shurafa NYC 4 Life!!!
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 31 October 2002 05:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quote:

Kids will not cut out of school if it is released at 3pm.

dam... i had to act sick to my mom... for nothing lol

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames