You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Pause Button: Big change?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Pause Button: Big change?
bigtallmofo
Mortal
posted 01 November 2002 06:59 AM EDT (US)         
From what I remember in playing AOE, AOK, AOC extensively, when you hit any button that paused the game even in the single-player edition... the game was paused. You couldn't do anything.

I apologize if someone has brought this up already... But I purchased the retail version of AOM yesterday and when I hit the pause button (literally Pause) I can still give orders, move around anywhere on the map, queue things to be done, etc. Some people that were complaining the game is too fast could utilize this feature to turn the game almost into a turn-based game. That is, give orders... pause. Give orders... pause... etc.

Was this feature intended? I actually like it!

AuthorReplies:
ZarconionTrooper
Mortal
posted 01 November 2002 07:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Well in my opinion doing that takes the point away from the game.But what ever floats your boat.
helias126
Mortal
posted 01 November 2002 07:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
There is also an option that can limit the number of pauses /game...
None

So i think the host can take care of this.
This is because many A$$holes in the zone would press pause if the loosing a game and you have no other option than to quit and loose the game!!

ESO name : Helias_GR - AOM lag test site : http://www.geocities.com/helias126 /
Socrates
Mortal
posted 01 November 2002 07:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Uh, are you talking single or multiplayer? You could give orders, scroll about, etc in AoK's singleplayer, but not multiplayer, naturally...
Matei
Mortal
posted 01 November 2002 07:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
In singleplayer they don't really care if you cheat because you're ruining your own experience. In multiplayer though I'm pretty sure you have limited pauses.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames