You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Hi There Ho There
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hi There Ho There
Toxic
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 03:02 PM EDT (US)         
A lot of people have reccomended this game to me but I don't know much about it? Can someone that's not a troll tell me the downsides to this game...?
AuthorReplies:
The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 14 November 2002 03:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Downsides?

It costs Money.

Toxic
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 03:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Money isn't an issue, I have plenty of that.
Maximus_
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 03:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
then get to your nearest game retailer and buy it-collectors edition ofcouse-if money isn't an issue

It takes a while to warm up to if you where a avid AOK player, but after a while you'll find out how it improves so much.

\\ Maximus //
0=]============[=0
Amazing Persón Extróidinare
Msn/Email:Mrnobody010@hotmail.com
.°*˜Phantom Warriors˜*°.
˜*°.°*˜˜*°.°*˜
WadjetEye111
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 03:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Toxic,

By all means, If money isn't an issue get it! The only other downside I could possibly tell you is that if you ordered it online, you will have to wait for it to arrive, but that isn't even really a big problem anymore now that all the pre-orders have been cleared out (mine came in three days). The gameplay is awsome. I still have just the demo though... (they delivered it to my parents house). If you are unsure about whether or not you will like it, download the demo (it's the only thing that has kept me from going crazy with anticipation so far). Yes, probably the biggest downside is that it costs money, but if you know where to look (there are a ton of forums about how much people paid for the game), you can probably find one for as low as $35.00 , which isn't bad for a brand new game. I got shafted with AOK and AOK:C, probably because I bought them at Sam's Club . So, download the demo, and if you like what you see, go bargain-hunting. I hear Best Buy and Circut City have some good deals (I don't know where you are from, if neither of these are around you, I apologize). Good luck.

Your favorite bulk shopper,
WadjetEye111

ESO name: Don_Quixote

[color=red] "The whole world's in competiton with itself. The only person you have to be better than is the person you are right now"[/c]
- Col. Sherman T. Potter

Toxic
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 03:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
I mean game downsides... of course it costs money...
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 04:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
I reccomend you download the demo and try it out yourself. The demo is only a very small portion of the game, so it only shows you obviously a small amount, but it should give you a feel for the game. The alternative is to read some reviews. (linked here: http://aom.heavengames.com/gameinfo/reviews)

That should give you an idea on whether to get the game.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Beag
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 05:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
The same Toxic from the BR boards? Heheh...
G diddy
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 05:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
None other.

I figured he would like it better here.

Sarcasm:
It's what's for breakfast.
dionysusrex
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 07:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Toxic

It's hard to know how to answer your question without knowing what your gaming background is -- what you've liked & disliked about other games.

I'd say a down side, for me, is the conceptual limitation of the game. Your variety comes in the maps & the range of units available under different gods. But I don't get that same level of <progression> resulting from advancing through ages as you get with Age of Kings. Empire Earth has that in spades, offering a massive palette of technological variation. Of course EE lacks that <ethnic> variety offered by AOK. And I loved the multiple scenarios in AOK as well, whereas AOM has a single, extended scenario. -- With AOM you are always in an ancient, albeit mythical, realm. That's NOT a bad thing! but does make it a nitch game. Could be considered a down side if you're looking for the RTS to be all & end all.

It's a fun game....I was about to say that it is a game that I CAN walk away from (unlike the total addiction of AOK!) -- but then I realized that here I was thinking & talking about it: even though I'm not <playing> at the moment.

But it's great fun, man. Get it.

optikal
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 08:43 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
what are the BR boards??
Toxic
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 08:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Yea wtf are the BR boards?
G diddy
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 09:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
BR = Battle Realms

Yesterday a guy named Toxic left the Battle Realms Forums, and I invited him here because these are very good forums. He was something of a n00b, so I hoped the great deal of maturity around here would help his general forum ettiquette.

So I only naturally assumed that this guy who just signed up today was the same Toxic. He probibly is, he is just trying to escape the bad rep he now carries.

If not, I'm sorry "other"-Toxic, but you have to admit, it's one hell of a coincidence.

Sarcasm:
It's what's for breakfast.
AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 10:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
BR has thier x pac out. Prolly get that in like 1 year if AOM x pac is not out.

not sure though...since i luv this game soo much.

Compared to BR

More pop = more units

More res to worry about not just water and rice

Better resolution as in how far u can get away from the screen.

Wicked multiplayer system.

And the best campaign i have ever played!!!

Get AOM

Toxic
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 03:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Bad rep?! Hah, I am the most feared man on all all of the forums
Ferrari_Warrior
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 03:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
dude play the demo...

your spamming us for no reason..

:P

You must be logged in to post messages.