You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Anyone over here know hot to remove the 9 game limit for recs?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anyone over here know hot to remove the 9 game limit for recs?
nirvana_cn
Mortal
(id: AFK_Nirvana_Sou1)
posted 14 November 2002 04:23 PM EDT (US)         
Thanks in Advance

Nirv.

AKA Nirvana_CN

[This message has been edited by nirvana_cn (edited 11-14-2002 @ 04:24 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Khemed
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 05:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Go to your save game folder and move any 'excess' recorded games (.rec) away to another folder to make room for more.

This signature is currently out of order.
AzN
Forumer
(id: AznKnightmare)
posted 14 November 2002 06:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I think he means getting AoM to create endless amounts of records without having the rename them. I would liek to see this too...

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
brahman71
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 06:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I originally tried to move them to a sub folder, but if i did that without renaming the game I would get errors when I tried to load it. Anyone else experience that? Anyway, I am stuck right now constantly renaming them which is rather irritating. I am just not seeing an advantage to this new system. If, under the old system, you didn't like how many games built up, it seems easier to delete them, rather then the renaming people have to do now to save them.
EE Talon
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 08:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Its probably a setting in some file... I'll post if I come across it.

Talanos | AoM + AoE3H's former Unofficial Angel
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FPH MSNIT talon@transalt.com
Flavius_Gallus
Mortal
posted 14 November 2002 08:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
You could right a batch file...

A simple one that just renames the RGs to record10 record11 record12 ect... that is if you know how. Personally I know that it is possible but I am not that good at righting batch righting files.

Gallus

Spinergy
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
In order to load recorded games they must be in the /savegames folder. But you can simply rename xxxxx1.rec, etc to whatever name your like with a .rec at the end and this game you can keep more than 9 .rec files in your /savegames folder.

Spinergy
JoeB the WALL
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 03:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
hmmm, it seems as though the more a games company tries to simplify (ie dumb down) a feature, the harder it gets for the gaming public to circumvent it in order to get what they really want. Note to games developers - designing to accomodate the lowest common demoninator is very rarely a good thing!!!

[This message has been edited by JoeB the WALL (edited 11-15-2002 @ 10:15 PM).]

kamrantu
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 05:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I think the interface should allow deleting, renaming, etc.

Fully functional Rec Games Management

I like that it automatically saves just the last nine. It's a great feature, but the ability should be there to put the .rec games from within the AoM interface into some sort of permanent storage. Would also be nice to be able to rename the games and to see more about the game when you click on the game name (ex. team vs. team and who won info).

Also nice would be the ability to easily upload the games on to some dedicated recorded games site maintained by EnsembleStudios (or MrFixitOnline)

Keep it up with raising these issues... it's great that Ensemble people review and consider these

kamrantu
Mortal
posted 15 November 2002 05:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Would also be nice to be able to browse, download, and view recorded games uploaded on the Ensemble Studios server from within the game interface

Recorded games are one of the best features of the Age series

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames